PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Know This Boat?

SHIFTY
08-14-2007, 07:01 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/P8140241.JPG
RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY BUILDING A FEW HOURS AGO, JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE KNEW THE BOAT...

HPBoats83
08-14-2007, 07:02 PM
I think it was on ultras website for sale a while ago if I'm thinking of the same boat.

Miss Perfect
08-14-2007, 07:07 PM
I think that is the same boat that was in Ultra's Corona showroom a few years back. Johnwithjm would know for sure.

shippingguy
08-14-2007, 07:20 PM
I think that is the same boat that was in Ultra's Corona showroom a few years back. Johnwithjm would know for sure.
No that one is still there and it is a closed bow.

Nord
08-14-2007, 07:34 PM
The one in the showroom is a closed bow. It was our buddy Gordo's boat. This one is an open bow, but looks very similar..

HighRoller
08-14-2007, 08:09 PM
That looks like the "John West" special. JW built it for himself with all the goodies and a 1100+hp blown 572 and I think it was the first to have the "Escalade" interior thing. Some of you recall it throwing 200ft roostertails in the cement pond on the top of the grapevine during an episode of "Monster Garage". And it was tested in ***boat in Havasu during rough water but still supposedly got up to 90+. Nice. JW sold it and it resurfaced with some kind of tunnel rammed big block under the hood a few months later. I'm thinking the owner sold the blower motor for profit and resold the boat. Now it obviously has something tamer under the hood and is being sold again.
One thing, though. The original version had a trick ass trailer with 18" rims and diamond plated tool boxes on the front. Is this the same boat sans trailer or a copy? JW??

shippingguy
08-14-2007, 08:33 PM
That looks like the "John West" special. JW built it for himself with all the goodies and a 1100+hp blown 572 and I think it was the first to have the "Escalade" interior thing. Some of you recall it throwing 200ft roostertails in the cement pond on the top of the grapevine during an episode of "Monster Garage". And it was tested in ***boat in Havasu during rough water but still supposedly got up to 90+. Nice. JW sold it and it resurfaced with some kind of tunnel rammed big block under the hood a few months later. I'm thinking the owner sold the blower motor for profit and resold the boat. Now it obviously has something tamer under the hood and is being sold again.
One thing, though. The original version had a trick ass trailer with 18" rims and diamond plated tool boxes on the front. Is this the same boat sans trailer or a copy? JW??
This is not the JW Special. This boat was built for West Coast Ultra Dealer(Now Lightning) and sold through them. JW's did not have bow rails on it.
Mike

Miss Perfect
08-14-2007, 08:47 PM
No that one is still there and it is a closed bow.
Ahhh yes, you're right...it is a closed bow. Similar looking though. I just love that boat. It's beautiful.