PDA

View Full Version : Parker Car Wreck

TCHB
02-21-2006, 05:18 PM
Last Sunday we were just coming out of Parker on the way home and came upon a nasty car wreck. I Mitsubishi Elclipse went head on with a large semi truck. I car was trying to pass on a blind dip about 7 miles out of Parker towards Vidal. The car was hard to recognize with the back most of the car gone. We stopped to help and were suprised the two people were banged up and with some facial damage (teeth) but were alive. They were both very lucky for doing something so stupid!!!!!!

djunkie
02-21-2006, 06:00 PM
Thats why I go through Ehrinburg. I've seen way too many bad accidents on Rice Road and have had wayyy to many close calls.

TCHB
02-21-2006, 06:09 PM
With this type of driving it could happen anywhere. Passing on a blind hill is crazy!!

ThongMagnet
02-22-2006, 09:43 AM
Stuiped is was stupid does
"Vacation's when you go somewhere... and you don't ever come back". :skull:

HighRoller
02-22-2006, 09:57 AM
I hope the semi wasn't damaged too badly.

andy01
02-22-2006, 10:39 AM
Thats why I go through Ehrinburg. I've seen way too many bad accidents on Rice Road and have had wayyy to many close calls.
Yeap, a tad bit out of the way but piece of mind goes a long way.

Her454
02-22-2006, 10:46 AM
I have an Eclipse..............I cant believe they lived through it.

NOTALENT
02-22-2006, 11:10 AM
Same here....The last time we drove Rice was about 5years ago....A guy died in our arms....I will never drive that again. I have been there and helped in 2 major accidents...plus the countless I have heard... :frown:

Her454
02-22-2006, 11:13 AM
Where exactly is Rice Road?

Biglue
02-22-2006, 11:16 AM
I dont like Rice road either. I did come home that way Sunday though. I went over the El Cajon Pass during sleet and rain AND fog. Took me 9 hours to get to Havasu. I figured after watching the forecast I'd better just drive out to the 10 and come up.

shadow
02-22-2006, 11:17 AM
Where exactly is Rice Road?
Between Heaven & Hell :crossx:
off I-10 between Desert center & Vidal Junction.

maxwedge
02-22-2006, 11:21 AM
I have an Eclipse..............I cant believe they lived through it.
I make Eclipse parts for a living. You might want to check your brake and fuel lines for leaks in-case I was hungover that day I made yours. :D But isn't it nice to know you could live through the resulting crash anyway.

Her454
02-22-2006, 11:29 AM
I make Eclipse parts for a living. You might want to check your brake and fuel lines for leaks in-case I was hungover that day I made yours. :D But isn't it nice to know you could live through the resulting crash anyway.
You must have built my first TWO transmissions then. :cry: :rolleyes:
Between Heaven & Hell :crossx:
off I-10 between Desert center & Vidal Junction.
Anyone have a map? I dont know where Vidal Junction or Desert Center is.....or at least I dont think so. Im trying to figure out if I've ever driven it...

maxwedge
02-22-2006, 11:45 AM
Nope, actually I think the engines and trannys are built in Japan and shipped here. I work for a subcontractor and all we make are the brake/fuel/power steering lines, and we do a damn fine job really. But the Mitsubishi plant that builds the cars is here in Normal, so I do know people who helped assemble that baby for ya. Want their names? :p

Her454
02-22-2006, 11:49 AM
Nope, actually I think the engines and trannys are built in Japan and shipped here. I work for a subcontractor and all we make are the brake/fuel/power steering lines, and we do a damn fine job really. But the Mitsubishi plant that builds the cars is here in Normal, so I do know people who helped assemble that baby for ya. Want their names? :p
Considering I've put two tranny's in it....... and need to replace the motor now.....SURE, I'D LOVE THEIR NAMES :rollside: :rollside:
I bought a LEMON.

NOTALENT
02-22-2006, 11:51 AM
Considering I've put two tranny's in it....... and need to replace the motor now.....SURE, I'D LOVE THEIR NAMES :rollside: :rollside:
I bought a LEMON.
Ouch...sounds so....how much are you paying for the engine???

djunkie
02-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Yeap, a tad bit out of the way but piece of mind goes a long way.
Funny thing is, I have learned that its takes just as long. Even though its a 55mph speed limit and about 10 miles longer. But at least you don't have to worry about getting stuck behind a caravan boats and motorhomes, then trying to make a bonzai pass. F-That!!! :rollside:

NOTALENT
02-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Funny thing is, I have learned that its takes just as long. Even though its a 55mph speed limit and about 10 miles longer. But at least you don't have to worry about getting stuck behind a caravan boats and motorhomes, then trying to make a bonzai pass. F-That!!! :rollside:
and if you break down, there is something near.... :rollside:

Her454
02-22-2006, 12:11 PM
Ouch...sounds so....how much are you paying for the engine???
Actually I dont know yet. I was so disgusted with the car that I parked it. Haven't driven it in almost a year and I haven't checked into a new engine yet as I was going to sell it but I think I might just have it done for my daughter to drive since its paid for.

maxwedge
02-22-2006, 12:19 PM
I bought a LEMON.
Ouch...I bet you would like thier names...but it sounds like you need to talk to sombody in Japan and I don't know anybody who works there. Gotta run now... :crossx:
I have heard they've had lot's of tanny issues with those. Sorry to hear it. Hope the dealer kisses major ass, because judging by the number of cars piling up in the factory lot, they need too start doing something. Also if you would stop driving all Paul Walker and shit, it would last longer. :D

Her454
02-22-2006, 12:24 PM
I have heard they've had lot's of tanny issues with those. Sorry to hear it. Hope the dealer kisses major ass, because judging by the number of cars piling up in the factory lot, they need too start doing something. Also if you would stop driving all Paul Walker and shit, it would last longer. :D
The warranty paid for the first transmission, the dealer paid for the second.
The warranty is now expired and anything from here on out comes out of my pocket, IF I decide to keep it.
Anyone want to buy an Eclipse, cheap LOL ?

Jbb
02-22-2006, 12:31 PM
I bought a LEMON.
Traci>>>>>>Hard on the equipment.... :p

Her454
02-22-2006, 12:38 PM
Traci>>>>>>Hard on the equipment.... :p
So Im told. :rollside: :rolleyes:

Jbb
02-22-2006, 12:40 PM
So Im told. :rollside: :rolleyes:
:) :)

UHHH SUCKA
02-22-2006, 02:12 PM
Exactly. I've also found that I save a little more fuel by going that route. I dont know if it is the elevation or what it is. Sounds weired but i have noticed that.

djunkie
02-22-2006, 02:17 PM
Exactly. I've also found that I save a little more fuel by going that route. I dont know if it is the elevation or what it is. Sounds weired but i have noticed that.
I definately get better mileage. Rice Road has a long grade. Its very gradual so you don't notice it but its there.

Krazy K
02-22-2006, 07:00 PM
Anyone have a map? I dont know where Vidal Junction or Desert Center is.....or at least I dont think so. Im trying to figure out if I've ever driven it...
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=&csz=desert+center%2C+ca&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

ColeTR2
02-22-2006, 07:17 PM
I stopped for a rollover on Rice Road on Friday night. I was there for about 30 minutes. The guy was shaking up but still alive.
I saw this one to. about 10pm