PDA

View Full Version : Where is the stand-up Jetski that was hit?

RiverToysJas
08-15-2007, 07:55 AM
I'd like to see a photo of it.
Might help determine how much damage, if any, the Fountain (if it was so) incurred in the collision.
RTJas

Jordy
08-15-2007, 07:57 AM
You're not really asking for something factual in this whole sea of speculation are you??? You know better than that. :notam:

RiverToysJas
08-15-2007, 08:00 AM
That jetski is w/o a home, and I'm concerned. :D
Seriously.....has to be somewhere....where is it??? It was collected after the crash by pontoons (so we've heard).....we can assume it didn't sink, nor was cut in half.
RTJas

TRUMP TIGHT
08-15-2007, 08:01 AM
A stand-up could very well have left little damage. Hate to say it but the guy that died might have been a bumper between the 2.

RiverToysJas
08-15-2007, 08:03 AM
A stand-up could very well have left little damage. Hate to say it but the guy that died might have been a bumper between the 2.
I'm thinking the same thing, that's why I want to see it. If there is damage at all, it could be very low at the waterline. Obviously the prop & drive were still usable.
RTJas

topless
08-15-2007, 08:12 AM
Who cares? LEO knows the damage and what they are looking for. We only have a description of the boat that we can report if and when we see it. I don't see the need to look at the ski since none of us are authority figures on the subect.

TRUMP TIGHT
08-15-2007, 08:15 AM
I'm thinking the same thing, that's why I want to see it. If there is damage at all, it could be very low at the waterline. Obviously the prop & drive were still usable.
RTJas
I had a coach that was hit while on a jet ski a few years back. 2 boats were racing (both under 25ft) and one came right into him. He broke a femer a wrist and an anckle. The boat that hit him had only scrapes on the haul that could have been mistaken for damage caused by a rocky beach.

TRUMP TIGHT
08-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Who cares? LEO knows the damage and what they are looking for. We only have a description of the boat that we can report if and when we see it. I don't see the need to look at the ski since none of us are authority figures on the subect.
Have you had your coffie yet?

Havasu_Dreamin
08-15-2007, 08:20 AM
I'd like to see a photo of it.
Might help determine how much damage, if any, the Fountain (if it was so) incurred in the collision.
RTJas
Chances are since it was involved in a felony hit and run(at least I would think it is a felony) that the investigating agency, I believe someone said SBSD, would have it at their yard down at Contact Point.....

RiverToysJas
08-15-2007, 08:23 AM
I have a very good reason........Because people are dismissing boats as possible suspects because they have no damage. SO if someone comes upon a suspect boat in a parking lot say, they may possibly not report it because it has no damage. I would like to show, there is a good chance the boat involved has little or no visible damage.
Also, with all the mis-information about this accident, I'd like to see something that is real.....this ski is the only thing that we can all look at and know is real.
And finally, what can it hurt???
RTJas

Shreve "T"
08-15-2007, 08:26 AM
I have a very good reason........Because people are dismissing boats as possible suspects because they have no damage. SO if someone comes upon a suspect boat in a parking lot say, they may possibly not report it because it has no damage. I would like to show, there is a good chance the boat involved has little or no visible damage.
Also, with all the mis-information about this accident, I'd like to see something that is real.....this ski is the only thing that we can all look at and know is real.
RTJas
I could'nt AGREE more !!!!!!

Jordy
08-15-2007, 08:31 AM
Also, with all the mis-information about this accident
Mis-information??? What's with all this crazy talk??? We have eyewitness accounts from people who's story really hasn't changed all that much... I mean, c'mon, the kid was orphaned, wait, scratch that, he has family still, including a mother... He was riding a stand up ski, no he was a passenger on a sit-down... It was a Foutain with Scarab on the side... those are the facts, JACK!!! :idea: :eek: :D

TRUMP TIGHT
08-15-2007, 08:32 AM
I could'nt AGREE more !!!!!!
I can!:D

Screaming Pete
08-15-2007, 08:40 AM
Mis-information??? What's with all this crazy talk??? We have eyewitness accounts from people who's story really hasn't changed all that much... I mean, c'mon, the kid was orphaned, wait, scratch that, he has family still, including a mother... He was riding a stand up ski, no he was a passenger on a sit-down... It was a Foutain with Scarab on the side... those are the facts, JACK!!! :idea: :eek: :D
Jordy i think your right on your misinformation, i say it's high time to ban all boats on Havasu over 25 feet then thing like this wouldn't happen and then the real river peeps could have there lake back:D

RiverToysJas
08-15-2007, 08:44 AM
Chances are since it was involved in a felony hit and run(at least I would think it is a felony) that the investigating agency, I believe someone said SBSD, would have it at their yard down at Contact Point.....
Thanks! Where is Contact Point (my Google search didn't turn anything up)?
RTJas

Jordy
08-15-2007, 08:46 AM
i say it's high time to ban all boats on Havasu over 25 feet then thing like this wouldn't happen :D
Why not just ban Fountains, Halletts, pontoon boats, and jet skis??? They seem to be the source of these problems. :notam: :D

Jbb
08-15-2007, 08:46 AM
Jordy....becoming the Hot Boat Minister of Mis Information......is technically the same as hating.........stop the hating!...
RD SUX!.........................:D

HM
08-15-2007, 08:47 AM
RTJas
I was on a trip where a Sea Do ran over an older yamaha wave runner. The wave runner sunk and there was barely a scratch on the Sea Do.
Also....and excuse me for using logic and reasoning hear...but everyone is assuming this is a felony hit and run deal. Would it be possible that the driver of the Scarab Fountain was distracted by an orphaned 9 year old whose mother picked him up prior to spending the night at CPS riding a jet ski while being a passenger on a Sea Do (you have to admit...that is distracting) and the other "jet ski" came out of a cove without looking or pulled an eradic unpredictable maneuver while the driver was distracted and put himself in the path of the Fountain Scarab? And, would it be possible that running over a "jet ski" in a large offshore boat might sound like just another wake, especially if the boat had a gagillion watt stereo system hitting hard on the subs? And ultimately...the driver may have never even known he hit anything? And then just drove around like normal not bringing any attention to himself? And like others have said....actually sustain little to no damage? Nah....that could NEVER EVER happen.
I know...why don't we have a few spelling nazi's come in here and explain to us how the true evil in this whole thing is spelling and grammar?

Jordy
08-15-2007, 08:49 AM
Jordy....becoming the Hot Boat Minister of Mis Information......
I belive that position was filled long before I ever posted on the subject... and educating is not hating Brian, and you know this!!! :devil: :D
RD Sux. :D

Jbb
08-15-2007, 08:50 AM
I was on a trip where a Sea Do ran over an older yamaha wave runner. The wave runner sunk and there was barely a scratch on the Sea Do.
Also....and excuse me for using logic and reasoning hear...but everyone is assuming this is a felony hit and run deal. Would it be possible that the driver of the Scarab Fountain was distracted by an orphaned 9 year old whose mother picked him up prior to spending the night at CPS riding a jet ski while being a passenger on a Sea Do (you have to admit...that is distracting) and the other "jet ski" came out of a cove without looking or pulled an eradic unpredictable maneuver while the driver was distracted and put himself in the path of the Fountain Scarab? And, would it be possible that running over a "jet ski" in a large offshore boat might sound like just another wake, especially if the boat had a gagillion watt stereo system hitting hard on the subs? And ultimately...the driver may have never even known he hit anything? And then just drove around like normal not bringing any attention to himself? And like others have said....actually sustain little to no damage? Nah....that could NEVER EVER happen.
I know...why don't we have a few spelling nazi's come in here and explain to us how the true evil in this whole thing is spelling and grammar?
The Doo in Sea Doo......has 2 o's....

HM
08-15-2007, 08:52 AM
The Doo in Sea Doo......has 2 o's....
What is the fine for that?

HM
08-15-2007, 08:54 AM
I belive that position was filled long before I ever posted on the subject... and educating is not hating Brian, and you know this!!! :devil: :D
RD Sux. :D
Educating is cruel. Because someone ends up being right and someone ends up being wrong. And it is just cruel to point out when someone is wrong...and really shows that you are just a Hater. Nice try Mr. Minister of Mis Information.:mad: :D

Jbb
08-15-2007, 08:56 AM
What is the fine for that?
Infractions such as that go before the Tribunal......I cant speak for them....but they are usually pretty harsh on such infractions....
Jordy might chime in as he heads up the Diciplanary Tribunals....

Havasu Carrera
08-15-2007, 08:56 AM
YOU KNOW!??!? I was just thinking that there was a 17-19 foot boat at Site 6 with the whole rub rail pulled off the front left side and when the crowd joked and asked about it he said it happened on the trailer. :eek: :jawdrop: Now thinking about it is there any possible way that 30 foot fountain was racing/ passing that boat and since the witness here said he did NOT see the actual impact that this boat hit the guy as the Fountain blocked the view??? It was a ugly little thing with like flat black headers and I think eaven the Intake manifild was flat black. Just an idea????:idea:

Jordy
08-15-2007, 08:57 AM
Nice try Mr. Minister of Mis Information.:mad: :D
Jordy might chime in as he heads up the Diciplanary Tribunals....
I think I'm going to need an assistant with all these hats that I apparently am wearing now... :idea:
Cut the horseshit, son. I've got their disciplinary files right here. Who dropped a whole truckload of fizzies into the swim meet? Who delivered the medical school cadavers to the alumni dinner? Every Halloween, the trees are filled with underwear. Every spring, the toilets explode.

RiverToysJas
08-15-2007, 09:00 AM
I agree, it's possible he doesn't know he hit something. He looked back (so the 15 trained Marine sniper spotters have reported), but he may not have seen anything, and had no reason to go back.
BUT.....why is it NOBODY connected with this forum has seen or heard of this boat??? Nobody saw it a gas station.....nobody has seen it at their neighbor's house....nobody has seen it leaving a storage area. This guy was boating mid-week, so we can ASSume he's either a local, or was on vacation...probably not just a one time shot, going to Havasu and the river on a Thursday. Didn't launch Friday though, we know the ramps were being watched by then......
Also....If he didn't know he hit someone, maybe he'd turn himself in if he heard he was wanted.....what is the Havasu newspaper reporting?
Very strange deal....lotta questions....I'd just simply like to find the boat involved, and let the legal system handle it from there.
RTJas

Havasu1986
08-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Why not just ban Fountains, Halletts, pontoon boats, and jet skis??? They seem to be the source of these problems. :notam: :D
You forgot Donzis captain. :eek: :D

Jbb
08-15-2007, 09:02 AM
I think I'm going to need an assistant with all these hats that I apparently am wearing now... :idea:
Cut the horseshit, son. I've got their disciplinary files right here. Who dropped a whole truckload of fizzies into the swim meet? Who delivered the medical school cadavers to the alumni dinner? Every Halloween, the trees are filled with underwear. Every spring, the toilets explode.
You're talking about Holy Moly ...sir...

topless
08-15-2007, 09:03 AM
Have you had your coffie yet?I rarely drink that stuff.

Jordy
08-15-2007, 09:07 AM
You forgot Donzis captain. :eek: :D
Leave me out of this... :notam:

phebus
08-15-2007, 09:17 AM
I'm pretty sure I saw another boat on the grassy knoll. :rolleyes:

Third Alarm
08-15-2007, 09:18 AM
This has become insane!
Who ever said they where on one Sea Doo. I saw with my own two eyes them riding two seperate older style stand up (no seat) jet skies think of the 80s. I also lifted the two seperate jet skies off of the pontoon boats onto the concrete at the marina. P.D. braught a utility truck to the marina and unhooked the trailer from Barrys truck and connected it to there truck and took the jet skies away, to where I don't know. The jet ski that Barry was riding had alot off damage to it and the front end was under water when we pulled up.
Unless some one had a scarab boat with one foot large letters that said FOUNTAIN on it, it was a FOUNTAIN. The boat also had the typical fountain front on it.
I hope this helps
Jeff

RiverToysJas
08-15-2007, 09:19 AM
I'm pretty sure I saw another boat on the grassy knoll. :rolleyes:
:idea: Yes, another boat, shielded by the Fountain as it went by.....Or maybe the Fountain everyone saw was not a boat at all, but an actual water fountain! That might prove easier to find. :D
RTJas :D

RiverToysJas
08-15-2007, 09:22 AM
This has become insane!
Who ever said they where on one Sea Doo. I saw with my own two eyes them riding two seperate older style stand up (no seat) jet skies think of the 80s. I also lifted the two seperate jet skies off of the pontoon boats onto the concrete at the marina. P.D. braught a utility truck to the marina and unhooked the trailer from Barrys truck and connected it to there truck and took the jet skies away, to where I don't know. The jet ski that Barry was riding had alot off damage to it and the front end was under water when we pulled up.
Unless some one had a scarab boat with one foot large letters that said FOUNTAIN on it, it was a FOUNTAIN. The boat also had the typical fountain front on it.
I hope this helps
Jeff
Thank you!!!
Jokes are just that, jokes....it's how we pass the time here.
Were you at the ramp at Topock marina when they transfered the trailer?
RTJas :D

Third Alarm
08-15-2007, 09:25 AM
Yes

Havasu_Dreamin
08-15-2007, 09:30 AM
Thanks! Where is Contact Point (my Google search didn't turn anything up)?
RTJas
It's South of the city on the AZ side of the lake. It's where the BLM and SBSD boats are docked.

Jordy
08-15-2007, 09:34 AM
You're talking about Holy Moly ...sir...
Point of parliamentary procedure! :D

Wild Horses
08-15-2007, 10:01 AM
Do I have to keep telling you to keep us Scarab drivers out of your witch hunt!!!! :D :D

2Driver
08-15-2007, 10:06 AM
(Dean Wormer RIP)

Jordy
08-15-2007, 10:11 AM
Do I have to keep telling you to keep us Scarab drivers out of your witch hunt!!!! :D :D
I didn't know we were hunting witches??? Was she on one of the Sea-doo's or was she driving the alleged Fountain??? :idea:
(Dean Wormer RIP)
But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!
:D :D :D

hot_diggity_dog
08-15-2007, 10:13 AM
I agree with you that the boat had Fountain on it but I'm confused on the color, how big the lettering was and if it was separate from the graphic or was it in the Fountain logo?:confused: :confused:
I really think we need an accurate description of what we are looking for!;)
This has become insane!
I hope this helps
Jeff
I've been eyeballing Fountains for the past three years, looking to buy one. Of the many hundreds of Fountains I have seen in photos - I only recall a few where Fountain is written on the side in large lettering. Seen it on the front in the windshield area, but rarely on the side as described.
The mind plays funny memory tricks on you in intense situations. Memory blackouts for witnesses are not uncommon, even for trained professionals. Blackouts when cops shoot suspects, or blackouts when a spouse hurts another spouse - both common. Witnesses tend to engrain an image in their mind, and don't stray from that image, right or wrong. Maybe it is a Fountain, but perhaps the lettering on the side said something else, or the lettering is not as large as believed.
Even with that being said, my 10 year old neighbor can ID most any boat from amazing distances, and he's usually spot on. He know every hull type, lenght, color scheme etc., so if I have to guess, I think witnesses ID'd more on hull type with the beak.
C-2 very good points!!!!
I believe it maybe a Fountain but the descriptions of the lettering have changed from Large Fountain written on the side to Fountain inside of the Logo. HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM:rolleyes: :confused:
Originally Posted on 8-13-07 12:23amI am the paramedic/firefighter who pulled the man out of the water on Thursday August 9 at approximatley 3:30.
My family and I were sitting on the west beach about 2 miles south of Topock Marina. I saw a man and his son on two separate old style stand up Jet Skiis heading south toward Havasu Lake. At the same time a man was driving a 27 foot Hallet at approximatly 35 miles per hour down the middle of the river when another boat, the Fountain, came upon him at a very rapid speed (approximatley 70 miles per hour). The Fountain boat that I saw was between 27 - 30 feet long, all white in color except for a very large "Fountain" written on the side of the boat in red and black.
Due to the position that our boat was sitting on on the beach and the fact that we were sitting in beach chairs eatting our lunch, we were unable to see or hear the actual impact approximately 200 yards away.
An off-duty LA County Sherrif's officer who was sharing the same stretch of beach that we were on approximately 200 yards to the south saw and heard the collision. Sorry
Jeff
Originally posted 8-14-07 4;47pmThe top boat is a very close match to what I saw except the boat was all white and the writing on the boat was the same size and color inside of a red oval.
The same boat that was ID by an off duty sgt LA sherrifs oficer and the boy, the man in the Hallett and the two pontoon boats that stopped to help.
We are all positive!!!
The collision was seen and heard by the off duty Sherrif along with tha man in the Hallett and the boy.
I saw the boat twice that day. The first time about 20-30 min prior going up river and the last time going down river.
http://www.powerboatlistings.com/powerimg/m/4070/Full_view.jpg
HDD

rrrr
08-15-2007, 10:20 AM
.....why is it NOBODY connected with this forum has seen or heard of this boat??? Nobody saw it a gas station.....nobody has seen it at their neighbor's house....nobody has seen it leaving a storage area. This guy was boating mid-week, so we can ASSume he's either a local, or was on vacation...probably not just a one time shot, going to Havasu and the river on a Thursday. Didn't launch Friday though, we know the ramps were being watched by then......
Also....If he didn't know he hit someone, maybe he'd turn himself in if he heard he was wanted.....what is the Havasu newspaper reporting?
Very strange deal....lotta questions....I'd just simply like to find the boat involved, and let the legal system handle it from there.
RTJas
I mentioned in another thread about a similar incident here.....this is the only reference to it I could find on Google:
Rodman questioned in boating accident
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, The, Mar 13, 1997
A deposition from Chicago Bulls star Dennis Rodman will be included in a lawsuit over a 1995 boating accident in Lewisville, Texas, in which a woman suffered serious facial injuries.
The Lewisville Leader reported Wednesday that Rodman, who grew up in nearby Dallas, was questioned last Nov. 29 for knowledge he might have had of the hit-and-run accident on Lewisville Lake. Rodman reportedly owned a cigarette-style boat like the one involved in the accident and kept it at the lake.
Stephanie Booker, Kim Colvin and Sabra Scott have filed suit against Pier 121 Marina. The women were sitting in their boat in the marina's no-wake zone on June 17, 1995, when a speeding boat went over theirs and sped away. Booker's face was left with permanent scars.
This boat simply disappeared.....it was said to be 30' or longer. The cops did dive and sonar searches in the lake, checked boat registrations in the area, did a lot of footwork.......nothing.
You people that are skeptical should realize that a trailered boat leaving the area wouldn't exactly attract attention. It may have been sunk, but as someone mentioned you'd think some floating debris would be found.
As for inconsistency, any LEO will tell you that eyewitness accounts of an incident sometimes vary greatly. It doesn't mean the witness is a liar or unreliable.
It's OK to ask questions, doesn't help to be a dick about it. :rolleyes:

Third Alarm
08-15-2007, 10:48 AM
HDD
There was a red oval with a large FOUNTAIN in black ontop of the red oval.

Jbb
08-15-2007, 11:17 AM
But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!
:D :D :D
You better listen to him....He's Pre Law!

Old Texan
08-15-2007, 11:37 AM
It sure seems that "sinking" the boat to destroy evidence is kind of farfetched. Consider the task at hand. You've just committed a crime, you need to scuttle a boat with all kinds of gear, you need a secluded area in fairly deep water. You need to do it in a hurry.
Pulling the plug will require you to get overboard and unsrew the plug which could take some doing. To put a hole in the bottom would require some sort of drilling device, mechanical or electric, how many boats have this equipment as standard fare? If no drill a large axe or sledge hammer maybe?
Even if you could get a hole in the hull imagine how long it would take to completely sink.....:idea:
Then if you did get it sunk how do you get to shore? Have another boat available with a witness who would most likely require some type of expalantion to what in thehell you're doing. Maybe swim a great distance after you've pulled off the scuttle, pretty unlikely.:confused:
I don't know maybe it's just me but I don't think anyone sunk the boat. And no "Later" jokes...:devil:
This boat is out there somewhere and it will be found, it's just a matter of time.

driverno8
08-15-2007, 12:11 PM
HDD
There was a red oval with a large FOUNTAIN in black ontop of the red oval.
Could that oval be the Fountain Logo?:idea:

socalmoney
08-15-2007, 12:26 PM
You should take the BAR exam. All kinds of reasonable doubt in there.

Sleek-Jet
08-15-2007, 12:50 PM
It sure seems that "sinking" the boat to destroy evidence is kind of farfetched. Consider the task at hand. You've just committed a crime, you need to scuttle a boat with all kinds of gear, you need a secluded area in fairly deep water. You need to do it in a hurry.
Pulling the plug will require you to get overboard and unsrew the plug which could take some doing. To put a hole in the bottom would require some sort of drilling device, mechanical or electric, how many boats have this equipment as standard fare? If no drill a large axe or sledge hammer maybe?
Even if you could get a hole in the hull imagine how long it would take to completely sink.....:idea:
Then if you did get it sunk how do you get to shore? Have another boat available with a witness who would most likely require some type of expalantion to what in thehell you're doing. Maybe swim a great distance after you've pulled off the scuttle, pretty unlikely.:confused:
I don't know maybe it's just me but I don't think anyone sunk the boat. And no "Later" jokes...:devil:
This boat is out there somewhere and it will be found, it's just a matter of time.
No need to sink it...
Two words... Sawz All... I would be suprised if the boat in question is still in one piece...

ratso
08-15-2007, 01:05 PM
I would just like to mention, especially being in the boat business my entire life and also the fiberglass repair and gelcoat repair industry... it is highly possible this boat received very little if any damage. I see this stuff all the time. Impacts directly to the side of a boat from a jet ski will generally screw up the jet ski AND the boat... yet in so many instances where a boat runs over a jet ski or even another boat, I see the jet ski or boat that is run over getting the brunt of the damage, and the boat doing the running over getting minor damage in comparison. I'm not saying this is ALWAYS the case, but just as likely as not, the Fountain might have already been polished up with some light sanding and buffing...

Old Texan
08-15-2007, 01:18 PM
No need to sink it...
Two words... Sawz All... I would be suprised if the boat in question is still in one piece...
Anybody heartless enough to run most likely is too greedy to destroy the boat unless it is some one else's property. It's either hidden purposely or somewhere out of sight from plain view like private storage.
Even if you cut it up that's a lot of pieces to get rid of.... :confused:
The more publicity the more "eyes" to find the boat. The odds are against this jerk.
Someone will drop a dime on this rat.:mad:

ratso
08-16-2007, 10:33 AM
Anybody heartless enough to run most likely is too greedy to destroy the boat unless it is some one else's property. It's either hidden purposely or somewhere out of sight from plain view like private storage.
Even if you cut it up that's a lot of pieces to get rid of.... :confused:
The more publicity the more "eyes" to find the boat. The odds are against this jerk.
Someone will drop a dime on this rat.:mad:
Was it ever said if the person was alone on the Fountain, or if there were any passengers? If he was alone, chances might be a little slim.

RiverDave
08-16-2007, 10:53 AM
I would just like to mention, especially being in the boat business my entire life and also the fiberglass repair and gelcoat repair industry... it is highly possible this boat received very little if any damage. I see this stuff all the time. Impacts directly to the side of a boat from a jet ski will generally screw up the jet ski AND the boat... yet in so many instances where a boat runs over a jet ski or even another boat, I see the jet ski or boat that is run over getting the brunt of the damage, and the boat doing the running over getting minor damage in comparison. I'm not saying this is ALWAYS the case, but just as likely as not, the Fountain might have already been polished up with some light sanding and buffing...
I agree Ratso, I would think with just the basic cleaning supplies most carry in their boats, you could take care of 99% of the damage from running over a Stand up without even pulling the boat out of the water? It wouldn't surprise me at all, if the guy just cleaned it, real well, and took the boat home. With minimal skills he could make it look like it never happened.. Hell for 35 bucks West Marine sells a gelcoat repair kit, that he could match the white on the bottom with pretty well, if a scratch actually went through the gell (which I don't think it would to begin with).
RD

DUNDUN
08-16-2007, 10:57 AM
if that was the case, any of those, the jackass still shouldve stopped. and he knew, the witness said "he throttled down, turned back, jabbed the throttle, and he was gone"
the guy is still screwed, even if he didnt flat out run the guy over(which is also what the witness said)

DUNDUN
08-16-2007, 11:02 AM
This has become insane!
I hope this helps
Jeff
typical fountain front.. this is one thing that has been overlooked. this guy says its a fountain from the name on the side to the bow... i dont know about you buy im pretty much completely convinced this boat is a 30' fountain.

DUNDUN
08-16-2007, 11:02 AM
This has become insane!
I hope this helps
Jeff
typical fountain front.. this is one thing that has been overlooked. this guy says its a fountain from the name on the side to the bow... i dont know about you buy im pretty much completely convinced this boat is a fountain.

Classic Daycruiser
08-16-2007, 11:20 AM
I bet LE is pretty close to an arrest.
This was a fataility, so the case will get extra attention....you can bet on that. You can bet it will haunt the driver and owner of the involved boat until the case is solved....

Racey
08-16-2007, 11:43 AM
If you got rid of the jet skis it'd be a major start to increasing saftey on the lake/river, no one can dispute that fact.

Big Warlock
08-16-2007, 11:56 AM
This has become insane!
I hope this helps
Jeff
From another thread:
shrek New Cult Member
San DimasPosts: 135
Quote:Originally Posted by Magic34 Can you get a name??? At least the father's name?
Here is a post from another thread, that has the victims name:
Oak Hills man killed in hit-and-run boat crash TOPOCK MARINA — Barry Lamar Pendley, 47, of Oak Hills was killed Thursday when his small personal watercraft collided with a 25- to 30-foot boat on the Colorado River, coroner’s officials reported Friday. After the collision, the boat fled the scene. His 9-year-old son, who was a passenger, was rescued uninjured. Pendley had been thrown into the water and was found 30 minutes later in the river. He was pronounced dead at the scene. The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department is investigating.

ratso
08-16-2007, 11:59 AM
If you got rid of the jet skis it'd be a major start to increasing saftey on the lake/river, no one can dispute that fact.
... but it seems that will never happen.
I do think there should be designated areas for them, or at least areas they are banned from being in.

Old Texan
08-16-2007, 02:28 PM
... but it seems that will never happen.
I do think there should be designated areas for them, or at least areas they are banned from being in.
Lake Austin doesn't allow any PWC's on holiday weekends, at least they didn't July 4, 2006. It's due to boat traffic and a good idea.

ratso
08-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Lake Austin doesn't allow any PWC's on holiday weekends, at least they didn't July 4, 2006. It's due to boat traffic and a good idea.
That is one thing I enjoy about that lake...;)
Around here we have to deal with those idiots on a regular basis.

RiverDave
08-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Problem with that logic is, if you got rid of all performance boats in general it would increase safety as well. Same as if you got rid of all prop boats, or if everyone within 10' of the water was req'd to wear a PFD etc.. etc.. Once you get a ball like that rolling, it's very hard to stop. Hence the reason I was/am so against the BADD idea.
RD

HM
08-16-2007, 02:37 PM
Problem with that logic is, if you got rid of all performance boats in general it would increase safety as well. Same as if you got rid of all prop boats, or if everyone within 10' of the water was req'd to wear a PFD etc.. etc.. Once you get a ball like that rolling, it's very hard to stop. Hence the reason I was/am so against the BADD idea.
RD
Yep...you ban all boats and you put an end to all boat related casualties. And you and I both know there is a pretty large group of people out there that would LOVE that.