PDA

View Full Version : Why You Shouldnt Take Law Into Your Own Hands

HavasuSelect
08-15-2007, 12:56 PM
http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_227134631.html
(CBS) LOS ANGELES Sheriff's detectives arrested three people in the shooting death of a woman who interrupted a tagger in Pico Rivera, and two other suspects were still being sought, a deputy said Wednesday.
Cesar Lopez and Jennifer Tafoya, both 19 and from Pico Rivera, and a 16-year-old boy were arrested Tuesday, Deputy Oscar Butao of the Sheriff's Headquarters Bureau.
Lopez was booked for murder and denied bail, Butao said.
Tafoya and the boy, whose name was withheld because of his age, were arrested for probation violations, he said.
Maria Hicks, 58, flashed her vehicle lights and honked her horn at a male she saw tagging a wall at San Gabriel River Parkway and Woodford Street shortly before 10 p.m. on Friday night, Deputy Maribel Rizo said.
As she followed the tagger who was walking away from the wall, a car with an unknown number of male suspects, drove up behind her and someone fired several rounds at her, Rizo said.
Hicks died shortly before noon Monday, according to the sheriff's department.
Neighborhood residents repainted the wall where Hicks first saw the tagger and placed lit candles and flowers there.
Hicks "paid a high price for the idea of law and order," said HicksÂ’ brother, Ruben Quintero, an English literature professor at Cal State Los Angeles. "I think we shouldn't give up on that idea since she has already paid the price. We should hold onto this idea of being civilized."
Investigators were seeking two males in their late teens, along with a blue, late-model Lincoln Continental, according to SHB. The weapon used in the crime has not been found.
It doesn't matter how small the crime seems, you really never know what you're dealing with....

USCFAN
08-15-2007, 12:58 PM
What a raw deal. But it is oh so true, you never know what type of guy you are confronting. Just not worth it..

socalmoney
08-15-2007, 01:00 PM
We are where we are because people don't get involved. Could you imagine how much cleaner LA would be if people didn't put up with tagging. When people don't get involved, it is like condoning it. Just like parenting. I say take a chance but be smart about it. Have situational awareness and have an out. Get the cops on the phone, take pictures if you can. I say get involved, just don't be stupid

BrendellaJet
08-15-2007, 01:02 PM
WTF?:mad:
Im a very tolerant person, but I phucking hate gang bangers, white black or brown it doesn't matter.
In this case the old saying holds true, you mess with one bean, you get the whole burrito, or bullet rather.

fatboy95
08-15-2007, 01:02 PM
She shoulda fired first instead of flashing her lights.
Good to know the fuktard taggers go with backup...
illegals? bangers? Mezkins?

HavasuSelect
08-15-2007, 01:03 PM
We are where we are because people don't get involved. Could you imagine how much cleaner LA would be if people didn't put up with tagging. When people don't get involved, it is like condoning it. Just like parenting. I say take a chance but be smart about it. Have situational awareness and have an out. Get the cops on the phone, take pictures if you can. I say get involved, just don't be stupid
I agree, by all means get involved. But do it wisely. Put your safety first. Call the Police. Don't confront anyone.

Bense468
08-15-2007, 01:04 PM
OR maybe its time for everyone to start taking law into their own hands and this shit would eventually not happen. Just a thought.

beaverretriever
08-15-2007, 01:19 PM
She shoulda fired first instead of flashing her lights.
Good to know the fuktard taggers go with backup...
agree...
Fire first, then flash your lights to see if they are still moving.
I hate fricken taggers. I don't get it...What a focking joke.

Bense468
Damn Bense, you're startin to sound like Rio.
Rio
That can't be a good thing LOL...Are you going to come join us on one of these events or what?

roostwear
Ignoring it or refusing to get involved goes right along with the " it's only illegal if you get caught" mentality. Don't worry, someone else will take care of it.....

'75 Miller
08-15-2007, 01:33 PM
OR maybe its time for everyone to start taking law into their own hands and this shit would eventually not happen. Just a thought.
AMEN

superdave013
08-15-2007, 02:01 PM
I agree, by all means get involved. But do it wisely. Pull your hand gun first.
there, I fixed it for you. ;)

Kyote
08-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Sorry to hear what these punks did, However there are folks that can handle these low life punks.
The 71-year-old retired Marine who opened fire on two robbers at a
Plantation sub shop late Wednesday (recently), killing one and
critically wounding the other, is described as a former pilot for two
presidents.''He's in great shape,'' Wesley White said of his longtime
friend, John Lovell. "He doesn't drink, he doesn't smoke, he works out
every day.'
Lovell was a man of action Wednesday night. According to Plantation
police, two masked gunmen came into the Subway at 1949 N. Pine Rd. just
after 11 PM. There was a lone diner -- Lovell, who was finishing his
meal. After robbing the cashier, the two men attempted to shove Lovell
into a bathroom and rob him as well. They got his money. Then Lovell
pulled his handgun, which he carried legally, opened fire, shooting one
of the thieves in the head and chest and the other in the head*
When police arrived, they found one of the men in the shop. K-9 units
found the other in the bushes of a nearby business. They also found
cash strewn around the front of the sandwich shop.' 'There were fives
and rolls of coins everywhere,'' said Detective Robert Rettig of the
Plantation Police Department. Both men were taken to Broward General
Medical Center, where one, Donicio Arrindell, 22, of North Lauderdale,
died. The other, 21-year-old Frederick Gadson of Fort Lauderdale, is in
critical but stable condition.
White, a longtime friend of Lovell, was not surprised to hear what
happened. ''He'd give you the shirt off his back and he'd be mad if
someone tried to take the shirt off your back,'' he said. White said
Lovell worked as a pilot for the Marines, flying former Presidents John
F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson. He later worked as a pilot for Pan Am
and Delta.
Lovell is not married and does not have children. He is not expected to
be charged, authorities said. ''He was in fear for his life,'' Rettig
said. "These criminals ought to realize that most men in their 70's have
military backgrounds and aren't intimidated by idiots. "Something tells
me this old Marine wasn't "in fear" even though his life was definitely
at risk. And he better not be charged! More like rewarded. The only
thing he could be charged with ... is partaking in an unfair fight...
one 71 years young marine against two punks.
Two heads and one center body mass shot. Good shooting!* That'll
teach them to get between a marine and his meal. If not for U.S.
Marines, I would have completely lost hope in America a long time ago.
Don't you just love a story with a happy ending? Semper Fi!!!
*RECOMMENDATION: Larger caliber weapon!

Old Man Havasu
08-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Billy Jack where are you????