08-15-2007, 03:14 PM
I was warned about it yesterday and got an email today. It says
Good Day
Your brother has sent you a gretting Card
Click on the link to view it.
I deleted it but I heard it's bad.

Ziggy
08-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Yeah, those have been circulating for quite some time....I've probably seen 3-4 on a daily basis now for weeks.

rrrr
08-15-2007, 03:17 PM
My brother is an ass. I wouldn't open it anyway, straight into the recycle bin. :sleeping: :D

YeLLowBoaT
08-15-2007, 03:19 PM
i've been getting those emails for a couple weeks now... I just delete them.

raff
08-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Heres some thing that was sent to me..
I've gotten several of these (usually in my junk mail) and I just delete them. sjb
I had received several of these and fortunately, recognized them for what they were, and simply deleted them. Very glad I did....and certainly hope you did as well. Click on the Snopes link to verify!
BAD - BAD VIRUS...IMPORTANT TO READ
I have been receiving MANY notices claiming "that a friend/partner/family/classmate has sent you a greeting." It looks like those you get from Hallmark and American Greetings. I have not clicked on any of the links and now I'm glad.
THIS IS VERY, VERY REAL.
Please don't open any "greeting card" e-mails unless you know who they're from.
I verified this at
http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard.asp
(last update 1 July 2007)
WORST VIRUS EVER --- CNN ANNOUNCED
PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST!!
A new virus has just been discovered that has be en classified by Microsoft as the most destructive ever. This virus was discovered yesterday afternoon by McAfee . This virus simply destroys Sector Zero from the hard disk, where vital information for its functioning are stored. This virus acts in the following manner:
It sends itself automatically to all contacts on your list with the title:
"A Card for You".
As soon as the supposed virtual card is opened the computer freezes so that the user has to reboot. When the ctrl+alt+ del keys or the reset button are pressed, the virus destroys Sector Zero, thus permanently destroying the hard disk. Yesterday in just a few hours this virus caused panic in New York , according to news broadcast by CNN.
This alert was received by an employee of Microsoft itself. So don't open any mails with subject: "A Virtual Card for You." As soon as you get the mail, delete it !! Even if you know the sender !!!
Please pass this mail to all of your friends. Forward this to everyone in your address book. I'm sure most people, like myself, would rather receive this notice 25 times than not at all.

RitcheyRch
08-15-2007, 03:52 PM
Ditto that.
i've been getting those emails for a couple weeks now... I just delete them.

cave
08-15-2007, 05:42 PM
I get those every morning. I'm glad I didnt open them. Time to block the domain.

WYRD
08-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Don't let it escape, keep your legs crossed!
:eek: