PDA

View Full Version : Capistrano Beach house rentals -- anyone have any pull or hookups?

Magic34
08-15-2007, 09:29 PM
We are doing a trip later this year with the boat, and at first we were going to do Coronado Island, but I'd rather be at Dana Point and closer to Catalina.
So, I have narrowed it down to Capistrano Beach. I drove by all the houses yesterday and that seems like a great week in one of those. The low key atmoshpere and private beach seem great, and it is only 2 miles to the marina.
I am looking for a nice beach house ... On the beach, Capistrano Beach to be exact. By on the beach, I mean back door, a couple planks of wood they call a deck and sand then ocean. Not "3 houses from the sand" like in Newport.
Anyone have any hookups for something?
I only found 1 actual house (not a duplex) that was less than $7500/week. I really dont want to share a deck with strangers, so we want something to ourselves. It will be my family and the inlaws. I would prefer 4 bedrooms. Not drinkers and the party just doesn't happen anymore, maybe it never did... We'll be on the boat a lot.
Thank you,
Michael

Magic34
08-16-2007, 08:03 AM
Bumpage

Invisible Sun
08-16-2007, 10:49 AM
Did you call the one on beach road. The phone number is on a big sign facing PCH. If you need it, I can get it tomorrow for you when I head down to the beach. Wife and I are spending the weekend at the Beachcomber in San Clemente next weekend for our anniversary. Not a private beach, but much more affordable.

Magic34
08-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Did you call the one on beach road. The phone number is on a big sign facing PCH. If you need it, I can get it tomorrow for you when I head down to the beach. Wife and I are spending the weekend at the Beachcomber in San Clemente next weekend for our anniversary. Not a private beach, but much more affordable.
I called on the ones right along the PCH.

HM
08-16-2007, 02:14 PM
I have got no connections or pull, but my parents rented a house on beach row for several summer vacations before moving to San Clemente. That is definitely a great vacation spot and not quite the cluster fook as most of the other so cal beach towns.

yopengo
08-16-2007, 02:18 PM
Bring your foghorn. Lived and worked in San Clemente for ten years and the sun never came out. :eek: My office was 300 yards from Beach Road. Great place…..if the sun comes out. :D

HM
08-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Bring your foghorn. Lived and worked in San Clemente for ten years and the sun never came out. :eek: My office was 300 yards from Beach Road. Great place…..if the sun comes out. :D
That is only the beginning of summer. Should be good for the rest of the summer, but it does seem to be June-Glooming all the way into August this year. My parents moved there in 1977 and still live there. My wife wants to stay every time we go and see them. :D
If you office was 300 yards from beach road...You were down by Pochie?

JB in so cal
08-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Olamendi's and El Patio:)

yopengo
08-16-2007, 02:38 PM
That is only the beginning of summer. Should be good for the rest of the summer, but it does seem to be June-Glooming all the way into August this year. My parents moved there in 1977 and still live there. My wife wants to stay every time we go and see them. :D
If you office was 300 yards from beach road...You were down by Pochie?
Yes...Camino Cap & PCH

HM
08-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Olamendi's and El Patio:)
El Patio was the bomb. But, sometimes the bathroom was not as close as I would have liked. :eek: :)

Magic34
08-16-2007, 02:41 PM
It was bright and sunny on Tuesday. :)
EDIT: My boat has radar so no visibility needed. :D KNowing how to use it properly, different story.

yopengo
08-16-2007, 02:42 PM
Kokomos pizza and Larry’s for beer. Both are gone now :( ...well the originals...

JB in so cal
08-16-2007, 02:44 PM
Kokomos pizza and Larry’s for beer. Both are gone now :( ...well the originals...
or go south to the pier for some chowder and beers at Fishermans. Pizza at Sonny's...
I'm gettin' hungry!

yopengo
08-16-2007, 02:52 PM
or go south to the pier for some chowder and beers at Fishermans. Pizza at Sonny's...
I'm gettin' hungry!
That is some good shit....and Gen Kai for the best Sushi :idea:
<<<<<<<<<<< Starting to miss San Clemente.

Magic34
08-16-2007, 03:20 PM
for the two (2) mike's that "pm'd" me --- chris miller is is name and his website is www.beachroadrealty.com - i also forwarded him your phone numbers ; keyes
Talked to him yesterday. :D Thanks

Magic34
08-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Well, the most important thing is handled. The slip is reserved and paid for at Dana Point for 9 days. That's all I really care about.

riverracerx
08-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Who needs a house then?

JB in so cal
08-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Well, the most important thing is handled. The slip is reserved and paid for at Dana Point for 9 days. That's all I really care about.
Great. What time and east or west side?:idea:
There's a am/pm on pch right before the harbor entrance. Perfect for ice/soda/etc and if you want to get out of the boat a la sandbar...there's a berm of sand that is exposed at lower tides that runs along the long breakwater. Beach the boat or anchor aff and swim over.
Have fun!

Mandelon
08-16-2007, 03:54 PM
We rented a house there 10 years ago, right on the beach. It was great. Weather is good now too. It was pretty pricey then, maybe $2500- $2750 for the week.
The house wasn't all that great, but what a great location.