PDA

View Full Version : Any Pool Supply Peeps?

Boatcop
08-17-2007, 08:17 AM
My folks have an older pool, (built in 1979, re-plastered in 2000) and are looking for the sweeper hoses (whips) for the automatic cleaner. These are the ones that just stick into jets in the walls of the pool and held in place by a twist-compression fitting. They have little plastic weights or things on them to keep them on the bottom and prevent the hoses from wearing out.
They've called a few pool places, who just go... HUH?
Anyone have any ideas?

Pheelin Phroggy
08-17-2007, 08:00 PM
where do they one need it sent to? pm me if they have not found it yet.. typically run with a 1.5" 25 ft solid vacuum hose... add the regulator at the wall and 2 weights at about 1' and 3' from the vacuum head.

Boatcop
08-17-2007, 08:04 PM
where do they one need it sent to? pm me if they have not found it yet.. typically run with a 1.5" 25 ft solid vacuum hose... add the regulator at the wall and 2 weights at about 1 ft and 3 ft from the vacuum head.
I think we're talkinig about 2 different things.
These hoses are only aboout 5/8 OD x 10-12 feet.There's about 10 of them spaced out around the pool. They're attached to openings supplied by pump discharge, and whip around on the pool bottom and sides to stir up any dirt.

Pheelin Phroggy
08-17-2007, 08:15 PM
I think we're talkinig about 2 different things.
These hoses are only aboout 5/8 OD x 10-12 feet.There's about 10 of them spaced out around the pool. They're attached to openings supplied by pump discharge, and whip around on the pool bottom and sides to stir up any dirt.
hmmmm... now I understand the "HUH" answer, you are correct... two different things.. while I have never seen these, I will do some checking around with my distibutors tomorrow and see what we can come up with.

blackcloud75
08-18-2007, 08:12 AM
BC,
Contact Seasday here on the boards

Seasday
08-18-2007, 09:48 AM
My folks have an older pool, (built in 1979, re-plastered in 2000) and are looking for the sweeper hoses (whips) for the automatic cleaner. These are the ones that just stick into jets in the walls of the pool and held in place by a twist-compression fitting. They have little plastic weights or things on them to keep them on the bottom and prevent the hoses from wearing out.
They've called a few pool places, who just go... HUH?
Anyone have any ideas?
whip hoses. I can surely get you something. Can you shoot me a phone number and I will call you on Monday. You can send me a direct email if you like. seasay@socal.rr.com

Pheelin Phroggy
08-18-2007, 09:51 AM
I basically got the same "huh" results, sorry!... hope somebody else can help you out. (if all else fails and the pool builder is still around, they should be able to give you the manufacturer info)

Tom Brown
08-18-2007, 10:08 AM
ROZ did that stuff before he went MIA.