PDA

View Full Version : Allergic to shrimp?

BOBALOO
08-19-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm watching Forrest Gump and Bubba is talking about shrimp.
I LOVE the little buggers but for the last 5 years I've been allergic to them.:mad:
For two years I would take Benadryl before a " shrimp fest " and I was usually fine. One shrimp and I break out in hives.:(
Lobster and crab legs are OK though, but not as good as shrimp.
Anyone else develop an allergy to something they love?

BadKachina
08-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Unfortunately my mother is deathly allergic to iodine.
She got progressively worse as she got older. Don't take any chances with it.

Miss Perfect
08-19-2007, 04:53 PM
I'm watching Forrest Gump and Bubba is talking about shrimp.
I LOVE the little buggers but for the last 5 years I've been allergic to them.:mad:
For two years I would take Benadryl before a " shrimp fest " and I was usually fine. One shrimp and I break out in hives.:(
Lobster and crab legs are OK though, but not as good as shrimp.
Anyone else develop an allergy to something they love?
By taking benadryl to be able to eat shrimp, you are playing with fire. Allergies tend to get worse the more you expose yourself to them.... so what might be hives this time, could turn into an anaphylactic reaction next time. Just be careful :)

BOBALOO
08-19-2007, 05:04 PM
By taking benadryl to be able to eat shrimp, you are playing with fire. Allergies tend to get worse the more you expose yourself to them.... so what might be hives this time, could turn into an anaphylactic reaction next time. Just be careful :)
Haven't had a shrimp in over 4 years.:( I dont want to die! Not really tempted either, I figure the next time might be my last so I stay away.
I have a cousin that cant eat nuts:D , she, I mean, that must really suck! :devil: :D

BOBALOO
08-19-2007, 05:05 PM
I guess I am getting old (33) It has been almost 8 years since the allergy first started. over 4 without shrimp.

OGShocker
08-19-2007, 05:43 PM
I know a guy that can eat them, but cannot TOUCH them. Skin allergy... WIERD!!!

DMOORE
08-19-2007, 05:46 PM
SOOOO true. They may be good, but not worth your life.
Darrell.

OGShocker
08-19-2007, 05:47 PM
SOOOO true. They may be good, but not worth your life.
Darrell.
I know MP's answer but, if it were pussy, how would you feel?

DMOORE
08-19-2007, 05:52 PM
I know MP's answer but, if it were pussy, how would you feel?
Hummmm, I'd most likely be dead by now.
Darrell.

Mrs 2LKHVSU
08-19-2007, 09:13 PM
Cats, dogs, house dust, tree pollen (including grass)... and asthma... allergies for me are inside and outside. Thank goodness for new meds over the years so that I can actually breathe! These allergens are not things that I can control like eating shrimp. Go to a friends house that has a cat..take a pill.....

djunkie
08-19-2007, 09:20 PM
I'm allergic to marriage..... Shit, now I'm starting to itch. :mad: :D :D

Mrs 2LKHVSU
08-19-2007, 09:21 PM
I'm allergic to marriage..... Shit, now I'm starting to itch. :mad: :D :D
It sounds like a "skin allergy"

Miss Perfect
08-19-2007, 09:24 PM
Cats, dogs, house dust, tree pollen (including grass)... and asthma... allergies for me are inside and outside. Thank goodness for new meds over the years so that I can actually breathe! These allergens are not things that I can control like eating shrimp. Go to a friends house that has a cat..take a pill.....
I'm right there with you. I am allerigic to all kinds of crazy things.. some plants, all metals (even the metal button on my jeans makes a mark on me), and an assortment of medications. It's no fun.

Mrs 2LKHVSU
08-19-2007, 09:47 PM
I'm right there with you. I am allerigic to all kinds of crazy things.. some plants, all metals (even the metal button on my jeans makes a mark on me), and an assortment of medications. It's no fun.
Luckily, the meds work most of the time for me. No more hospital stays.
Metals- that's rough! :( You can't wear stretchy pants for the rest of your life!

Miss Perfect
08-19-2007, 09:50 PM
Luckily, the meds work most of the time for me. No more hospital stays.
Metals- that's rough! :( You can't wear stretchy pants for the rest of your life!
ummmm nobody wants to see me in strechy pants! But yeah, it does suck... I can't wear any jewlrey really. I am ok with a necklace for a couple of hours, but earrings KILL me. I can't do it.

djunkie
08-19-2007, 09:51 PM
ummmm nobody wants to see me in strechy pants! But yeah, it does suck... I can't wear any jewlrey really. I am ok with a necklace for a couple of hours, but earrings KILL me. I can't do it.
You can't wear jewelry? Shit thats every guys wet dream to find a chick that can't use jewelry. :jawdrop: :D :D

Miss Perfect
08-19-2007, 09:57 PM
You can't wear jewelry? Shit thats every guys wet dream to find a chick that can't use jewelry. :jawdrop: :D :D
They don't call me Miss perfect for nothing ;)

Tom Brown
08-19-2007, 09:59 PM
I know a guy that can eat them, but cannot TOUCH them. Skin allergy... WIERD!!!
That may not be as rare as you think. I dated a woman who was that way with penises.