PDA

View Full Version : NHRA kicks Cashcar's ass...

HighRoller
08-19-2007, 06:15 PM
I could give a crap about the cell phone cup race but I'll be damned if I don't clear my schedule to watch NHRA these days. The Funny Car final last week was the best race drag race I've ever seen in my life. And not to mention the finals at Pomona last year. When a guy has to not only win but break the national ET record to win the championship AND HE DOES IT! Cashcar wishes they could have racing that good. And if you're not good enough to make the field, you're gone even if you're the 14 time and defending champ. There is no "protected 35". Take notes, Cashcar...The first round today at Maple Grove will be better than any Asscar race all season.:D

pw_Tony
08-19-2007, 06:19 PM
You're dead on

RitcheyRch
08-19-2007, 07:09 PM
So very true. On that note. Good luck Jack Beckman in tomorrow Final Rounds.

HighRoller
08-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Jack Beckman ran into the Buzzsaw named John Force. 17th to 3RD in points in like 8 or 9 races?!?! Oh no he didn't! How does this guy always find a way to kick ass? Was he just screwing with them by losing in round one for the first 10 races? Is he so good he has to give the rest of them a head start? I know Capp's ass is burning right now knowing Force is going to beat him AGAIN. I love Ace and I want him to win the title. But Force is back in Juggernaut mode. DAMN!

RitcheyRch
08-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Beckman is 5th in points as of now. He has clinched a berth in countdown to 4.

77charger
08-19-2007, 08:04 PM
I could give a crap about the cell phone cup race but I'll be damned if I don't clear my schedule to watch NHRA these days. The Funny Car final last week was the best race drag race I've ever seen in my life. And not to mention the finals at Pomona last year. When a guy has to not only win but break the national ET record to win the championship AND HE DOES IT! Cashcar wishes they could have racing that good. And if you're not good enough to make the field, you're gone even if you're the 14 time and defending champ. There is no "protected 35". Take notes, Cashcar...The first round today at Maple Grove will be better than any Asscar race all season.:D
I like watching nascar also but do agree with this.that final at pomona in top fuel was a good one.been good racing this year.

Sangerdude
08-20-2007, 04:30 AM
Word UP!!!! Nascar is for HOMO's!!!! The digs is where its at!!!!

Cruzzze
08-20-2007, 07:38 AM
Oh yeah.....the countdown will be a good thing......does make it not such a runaway at times like Pro Stock....The Summit boys will bring out the real motors from Indy on......unless they get the curtains caught up in the warm up......

Cs19
08-20-2007, 08:08 AM
Nice post, couldnt agree more.
Drags are on at 10am today I think.. rain out yesterday.

justfloatn
08-20-2007, 08:58 AM
Jack Beckman ran into the Buzzsaw named John Force. 17th to 3RD in points in like 8 or 9 races?!?! Oh no he didn't! How does this guy always find a way to kick ass? Was he just screwing with them by losing in round one for the first 10 races? Is he so good he has to give the rest of them a head start? I know Capp's ass is burning right now knowing Force is going to beat him AGAIN. I love Ace and I want him to win the title. But Force is back in Juggernaut mode. DAMN!
I have been thinking the same thing. I want Caps & Ace to win, but they can't make the horsepower that Force makes. He only wins if Force blows the tires out or puts a cylinder out.

Sleek-Jet
08-20-2007, 09:12 AM
We'll see what happens now that NHRA is owned by a media conglomerate... I don't know why, but I've got a bad feeling that NHRA has a case of NASCAR envy...
Note the new Race to the Finish point system this year. The last few seasons have been exciting because the top teams have fought it out all season, all the way to Pomona. It all seems a little like false drama... time will tell I guess. :idea:

RitcheyRch
08-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Focking delayed again.
http://www.nhra.com/content/news/23402.htm

RitcheyRch
08-21-2007, 05:40 PM
Postponed another focking day. Hope the weather improves so can see some racing.
http://www.nhra.com/content/news/results/23402.htm

77charger
08-21-2007, 05:42 PM
good thing about nascar is even if it gets postponed to midweek i can hear it on sirius.
Nhra gets postponed i cant hear about til i get home.

franky
08-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Wow, interesting post. I will have to remember that as I am flying to BRISTOL tommorrow!!!!

boater72
08-21-2007, 06:03 PM
We'll see what happens now that NHRA is owned by a media conglomerate... I don't know why, but I've got a bad feeling that NHRA has a case of NASCAR envy...
Note the new Race to the Finish point system this year. The last few seasons have been exciting because the top teams have fought it out all season, all the way to Pomona. It all seems a little like false drama... time will tell I guess. :idea:
NHRA is not owned by a media conglomerate ( HD Partners Acquisition Corporation) yet. The SEC has to approve the deal and there are many things going on still.
You say the last few seasons have been exciting is an understatement :D :D :D

Sleek-Jet
08-22-2007, 06:17 AM
NHRA is not owned by a media conglomerate ( HD Partners Acquisition Corporation) yet. The SEC has to approve the deal and there are many things going on still.
You say the last few seasons have been exciting is an understatement :D :D :D
I thought the deal was already done... :idea:
I just hope they don't fock it up for the fans, by chasing the almighty dollar. If they ever start charging for pit passes I'll quit going.

Baja Big Dog
08-22-2007, 06:22 AM
Guess Im strange..(go ahead..flame me a-holes!!:D ) but I love racing, dirt, circles, horses, straight lines...anything...
But my heart is still with the drags...to quote Huffpower, the drags a very "user friendly"!!:D

*BN*
08-22-2007, 07:07 AM
NHRA was the shiznit till this year.
You can already see teammates letting other teammates winning to get in the NASCAR CHASE. But it is not only teammates OTHER TEAMS are letting others win to get in. Is there payola?
Next race they will be running there chase through to the end of the season. Now doesn't it make sense that EVERY teammate just let the other teammate win if one is in the chase and the other is not?
We will have to wait and see but I have a feeling it wont be racing it will be free pass time especially with the multi car teams with 3-4 cars in the field.
Hope I'm wrong.

HighRoller
08-22-2007, 06:00 PM
This is a very real possibility with 1 or 2 races left. If one car is pretty much out of the points the other car will win. But unlike CASHCAR, small teams still have a chance in NHRA. Just ask Fuller, Mclenathan, Head, Wilkerson and Gaines. These guys are always on the cusp of winning and they are dramatically underfunded. As long as NHRA does not change its qualifying practices it will stay like that. Top teams do have bad weekends and DNQ when other teams run good. That's RACING.
In Cashcar, you don't even have to pull your car out of the hauler til sunday if you're in the top 35. Pathetic. The sponsor run Cashcar, not the France's. When the sponsors from the west coast demanded a race, Cashcar threw the Southern 500 in the trash can to sign the back of a big check. But they have theirs coming. Anytime you forget your roots you're doomed. The same three teams have won the cup for 10 years running and nothing will change. The Busch series will be dead within 5 years because the cup teams have been allowed to run amok with their drivers, budgets and equipment to beat up on smaller teams. Soon there will be no smaller teams and nobody will want to watch 20 cup teams when they can watch 43 on Sunday.

RitcheyRch
08-22-2007, 06:22 PM
Didnt see the finals today so guess will have to check out the winners on the website.
Anyone know whatever happened to Eddie Hill? He just seemed to disappear from the racing season.

HighRoller
08-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Dougzilla won and sent Aussie Dave packing, but Del and V. Gaines came up short. Guidera won when Angell Seeley..err..Savoie...err Sampey hit the cones. I'm sure the waterworks flowed after that fiasco. Next to John Force she is the biggest attention ***** in drag racing. Since she likes dudes with last names that start with S she's probably over crying on Matt Smith's arm right now looking for hubby #4.:D
BTW, V. Gaines is my hero. Runs a trucking company during the week, races Pro Stock on the weekends fairly well and smokes a huge stogie while running the valves in between rounds!!!

DaveA
08-22-2007, 07:16 PM
Way to go Dougzilla.
Local boy done good up yonder.

Baja Big Dog
08-22-2007, 07:25 PM
Force waited 3 days to FRICKEN RED LIGHT!!!

Moneypitt
08-22-2007, 09:10 PM
Didnt see the finals today so guess will have to check out the winners on the website.
Anyone know whatever happened to Eddie Hill? He just seemed to disappear from the racing season.
After the second catestrofic (sp) explosion, the one that gave him a concusion, Eddie retired. This was just before the nitro reduction, due to entire engines disappearing.......Doug Herbert did the same thing at the starting line at Pomona, sending a mag into the stands. If you watched the Hill explosions, (2) YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND WHY HE QUIT.......
BTW, V. Gaines is my hero. Runs a trucking company during the week, races Pro Stock on the weekends fairly well and smokes a huge stogie while running the valves in between rounds!!![/QUOTE
Gaines has been around for years, In Funny car back in the 80s he was quite competive. Great on the lights his entire career....MP