PDA

View Full Version : San Diego marine shops?

SoCalSouthpaw
08-21-2007, 09:52 AM
Anyone that lives in SD (or not), know of a reputable marine performance shop? I always have Absolute take care of my needs but my boat has been in SD and I would like to have a place to take my boat to when I have it in SD...that knows what they're doin. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Mr. Crusader 83
08-21-2007, 09:53 AM
JP Marine in Lakeside is good.

Froggystyle
08-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Neil at San Diego Performance Marine is a good bet. I have met him a couple of times and haven't heard of any unhappy clients. Nice guy. He is SDPM here on the boards.

socalmofo
08-21-2007, 11:14 AM
While we are at it.......Any good upholstery guys in SD?
I tried to contact D&S, for one I don't speak spanish and two, they didn't seem to want my business.

BrendellaJet
08-21-2007, 11:24 AM
for interiors tow it up to Martinez in Norco.

Mr. Crusader 83
08-21-2007, 11:26 AM
for interiors tow it up to Martinez in Norco.
Ditto. But D&S did my last boat. and it looked bitchen. If you call there talk to Danny or Sal. Dont waste your time talking to other guys there.

shippingguy
08-21-2007, 11:58 AM
Ditto. But D&S did my last boat. and it looked bitchen. If you call there talk to Danny or Sal. Dont waste your time talking to other guys there.
Danny is not there. Sal runs the shop now. They are pretty slammed right now with all the boats Ultra is turning out.
Mike

tamalewagon
08-21-2007, 01:20 PM
I haven't personally used Neil (sdpm), but I have spoken to him and he is extremely knowledgable. Also, I would recommend Bruce at Marshall Marine. I believe both are in Spring Valley.

SoCalSouthpaw
08-21-2007, 01:22 PM
This is great. Thanks a lot peeps. The upholstry, too.

Mandelon
08-21-2007, 03:27 PM
If you need mechanicals worked on Joe's Motorworks is great. I believe he used to run the repair shop at DCB....now is on his own.
619-334-3571, he's in Lakeside.

ULTRA28
08-21-2007, 04:02 PM
If you need mechanicals worked on Joe's Motorworks is great. I believe he used to run the repair shop at DCB....now is on his own.
Ditto on Joe's. He is a great guy and will treat you very fair.
Also, don't bother calling D&S, he will take forever. They kind of have their hands full already. He will always try to take on retail work, but just end up pissing off the customer with how long it will take.

GunninGopher
08-21-2007, 08:22 PM
Neil at San Diego Performance Marine is a good bet. I have met him a couple of times and haven't heard of any unhappy clients. Nice guy. He is SDPM here on the boards.
Echo that. He has always treated me right, although I haven't been over there in about 8 years. Dude is honest. He won't sell you anything you don't need.

GunninGopher
08-21-2007, 08:22 PM
Echo that. He has always treated me right, although I haven't been over there in about 8 years. Dude is honest. He won't sell you anything you don't need.

DMOORE
08-21-2007, 09:02 PM
+1. He has serviced my Advantage as well as other friends boats and is top notch. As Mandalon said, he was Dave's lead tech for 10 years. The man knows his stuff.
Darrell.
Edit: make that +2.