PDA

View Full Version : Any Allison tranny people out there?

CMac
08-22-2007, 05:28 AM
I found this in the old pan when putting my Mag Hytech pan on.
Anybody know what valve they maybe from?
Tranny is working fine in tow haul and normal, As far as I know.
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m240/cmacci/CIMG2847b.jpg

LHC30Victory
08-22-2007, 05:47 AM
Whatever those parts came from - I think that's BAD!
You may want to go to Dieselplace.com and ask in the tranny section...There are some real experts there - just like these forums :idea:

YeLLowBoaT
08-22-2007, 06:06 AM
I don't think it matters where it came from, something is not working correctly now.

Chico&Zeus
08-22-2007, 06:09 AM
Looks like spare parts to me....:D

spectratoad
08-22-2007, 01:56 PM
That there would be the thingy ma bobber that regulates the flow to the doo dad by the whatchamacallit. Or spare parts. Can't be good though. :jawdrop:
But everything works fine until you are towing your boat and in the middle of nowhere.

CMac
08-22-2007, 02:59 PM
Yep, thats what I thought. But the missing thingy mabob doesn't seem to be affecting me yet.
I think we will pull locally for a while and check with the dealer. Only 45,000 miles on it.

Jordy
08-22-2007, 04:22 PM
I know someone who works for the Allison dealer. However, the 1000's they put in the HD trucks are an entirely different beast from the 1000's that end up in school buses. You're better off taking it to the Chevy/GMC dealer as the little stuff is their forte'. They have about 47 different configurations for the 1000 based on 2WD, 4WD, gas, diesel, extra cab, crew cab, red truck, white truck, and on and on and on. I'll print the picture out and see if any one recognizes it.

cc322
08-22-2007, 04:42 PM
Ok Ford boys be cool I know what your thinking :D :D :D this shoould get good:idea:

CMac
08-22-2007, 05:32 PM
I know someone who works for the Allison dealer. However, the 1000's they put in the HD trucks are an entirely different beast from the 1000's that end up in school buses. You're better off taking it to the Chevy/GMC dealer as the little stuff is their forte'. They have about 47 different configurations for the 1000 based on 2WD, 4WD, gas, diesel, extra cab, crew cab, red truck, white truck, and on and on and on. I'll print the picture out and see if any one recognizes it.
Thanks, I'm afraid what ever it turns out to be, it won't be good.:eek:
I'm also not looking forward to taking it in to the dealer because I have put a 10 bolt 19.5 kit on it and you know the first thing out of they're mouth is going to be "well, thats what caused your preoblem wright there", even though the springs had sludge on them. I think the sludge tell's me the springs have been down on the magnet a while.

Jordy
08-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks, I'm afraid what ever it turns out to be, it won't be good.:eek:
Typically loose/broken parts in the bottom of any thing mechanical aren't good, and this would be another example of that. :(
The general consensis is that's the return spring for either the C-3 or C-4 clutch pack and without it you're going to end up burning out the clutches. Should probably take it to the dealer and have it fixed. :(

CMac
08-25-2007, 07:02 AM
Typically loose/broken parts in the bottom of any thing mechanical aren't good, and this would be another example of that. :(
The general consensis is that's the return spring for either the C-3 or C-4 clutch pack and without it you're going to end up burning out the clutches. Should probably take it to the dealer and have it fixed. :(
Yep, thats the plan. Thanks a bunch Jordy.:D

Infomaniac
08-25-2007, 07:06 AM
Someone at the factory is still laughing about putting those in there probably.
I woud be pissed if I found that. Let me know what it was. I can post it at desel place if you don't have any luck

Riverkid
08-25-2007, 03:15 PM
Allison's for busses a while ago. Parts in ther pan are bad :D . Go have the dealer pressure test and see what's up.

LHC30Victory
09-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Well, did you find out what the parts were from (other than the tranny :) )

The Doctor
09-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Isn't that powertrain under factory warrantee to 100K miles? We just had a starting problem with one of our Duramaxs w/90K on it and the dealer found a small crack in the fuel filter housing that they agreed to replace at no charge. They also decided to replace all the injectors on the truck while we were in to updated units due to some service bulletin. He called us to bring the Hyper tech unit down to de-program the engine for their service then offered to re-program it for us after completing all the services again at no charge. I don't know how it could get better than that?
I'd take it in to the dealer with parts in hand and the worst he can do is backpedal from your modifications. It's always worth a try. No matter what, I'd have the unit repaired since a new replacement Allison will cost more than some new cars.