PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone offended by this?

MRSDRMCAT
02-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Is anyone offended by motorcyclists splitting traffic on the freeway? And if so, do you hug the line on purpose as to not let them pass? :confused: Just wondering.

Ziggy
02-22-2006, 09:29 PM
not at all, it's legal.
I most often move over in my lane to give them space. They appreciate it with a wave 90% of the time and I worry less about them snapping my mirror.
Share the road.
If you are a line hugger, check your door for a kick mark when you get home. :crossx:

havasu p/t er
02-22-2006, 09:30 PM
I actually pull into the "E" lane to let them pass. As long as they're between the number 1 & 2 lanes, they are legal!

Brian Ray
02-22-2006, 09:33 PM
I always move over to give them room....

Phat Matt
02-22-2006, 09:35 PM
I usually get the wave because I move over for them also.
Now the people who do piss me off are the car drivers who pass everyone in the emergency lane in traffic. Wait in line like the rest of us. I will block them sometimes. :)

MagicMtnDan
02-22-2006, 09:36 PM
Lane splitting between the #1 & #2 lanes is legal because it's actually safer than having to ride in between vehicles in stop-and-go traffic (people lose sight/track of the bike and crash into them from behind, etc.).
I am happy to move over to give them room especially when they're not screaming fast (that's illegal). The law used to be something like no more than 10 MPH more than the traffic is going (not sure how the law used to be and don't know what it is now).
I cannot stand when cyclists split other lanes and I don't give them any extra space. It's not legal (AFAIK) and it's not safe since traffic isn't expecting them there.
Give 'em a break and give 'em some extra room when they're obeying the law.

MRSDRMCAT
02-22-2006, 09:37 PM
The reason I asked is because my husband rides a motorcyle and I worry about him splitting traffic. I just wanted to get an honest answer to see how people really feel about it! Thanks for the quick responses!!!!! :)

al cole'holic
02-22-2006, 09:39 PM
..riders are suppose to carry ball bearings in their pockets in case they encounter a c.unt like you :)

MRSDRMCAT
02-22-2006, 09:42 PM
Now the people who do piss me off are the car drivers who pass everyone in the emergency lane in traffic. Wait in line like the rest of us. I will block them sometimes. :)
I agree. I actually got out of my car one time and tapped on this chicks window and asked her why she thought why she was so special to pass over 100 cars and try to squeeze in before us via the right shoulder to exit the 40 at the 95 when we were all stuck behind an accident! :220v:

MRSDRMCAT
02-22-2006, 09:44 PM
..riders are suppose to carry ball bearings in their pockets in case they encounter a c.unt like you :)
wow dude kick back... Don't jump to conculsions! It was such a simple question for such a harsh return!! :yuk:

Ziggy
02-22-2006, 09:45 PM
I agree. I actually got out of my car one time and tapped on this chicks window and asked her why she thought why she was so special to pass over 100 cars and try to squeeze in before us via the right shoulder to exit the 40 at the 95 when we were all stuck behind an accident! :220v:
LOL--- I think the same thing....WTF make you more special than the rest of us waiting in line MoFo......My truck can take up quite a bit of space if I try :D

fourspeednup
02-22-2006, 09:46 PM
So long as I see them I will move over and give plenty of room...the one's that go by at 30mph faster than traffic flow scare the crap out of me. I like to think I'm pretty watchful for 2 wheelers but sometimes they come up from nowhere and all it takes is one car to move over without taking a look and......... :skull: ouch seen it a couple times and hopefully the only casualty is the mirror :yuk:

al cole'holic
02-22-2006, 09:51 PM
wow dude kick back... Don't jump to conculsions! It was such a simple question for such a harsh return!! :yuk:
..hey dude, I put a smile at the end of the sentence!

River918
02-22-2006, 09:51 PM
Is anyone offended by motorcyclists splitting traffic on the freeway? And if so, do you hug the line on purpose as to not let them pass? :confused: Just wondering.
Don't worry about him. In fact I took this picture today of him on the way home...
http://www.cnn.com/US/9806/29/gay.parade/parade.jpg

MRSDRMCAT
02-22-2006, 09:58 PM
..hey dude, I put a smile at the end of the sentence!
A happy face after you call me the "c" word does not excuse you :rollside: :)
Notice the double happy faces..................

wsuwrhr
02-22-2006, 10:02 PM
When I knock your mirror off please dont be mad.
Brian
I never understood why prople get mad for lane splitting. Get your own bike.

DRMCAT
02-22-2006, 10:05 PM
When I knock your mirror off please dont be mad.
Brian
I never understood why prople get mad for lane splitting. Get your own bike.
Please read past the first post......... She just worries about me, as I am sure your ladies worry about you.......... She's not a motor-hater. Just concerned.......

DRMCAT
02-22-2006, 10:07 PM
Don't worry about him. In fact I took this picture today of him on the way home...
http://www.cnn.com/US/9806/29/gay.parade/parade.jpg
Hey river918, didn't you guys get first place in the parade for this float???????????????
http://mexcity.8m.com/images/mex-pridebug.jpg

Squirtin Thunder
02-22-2006, 10:07 PM
I have always wondered how they can get away with splitting trafic at twice the speed of the flow. I mean it would really suck if I desided to change lanes as they were coming threw trafic like they own the road.

wsuwrhr
02-22-2006, 10:17 PM
I didn't read the whole thread before I responded. Sorry
Tell your husband to ride as if he is invisible to everyone.
Defense driving will keep him out of 90% of all accidents.
what kind of bike is he getting?
Brian

GAME TIME
02-22-2006, 10:18 PM
I move over out of the way and when I'm on my bike I give the wave when people move for me.

wsuwrhr
02-22-2006, 10:19 PM
I have always wondered how they can get away with splitting trafic at twice the speed of the flow. I mean it would really suck if I desided to change lanes as they were coming threw trafic like they own the road.
I usually go about 25-30 MPH.
No faster.
Too easy to get hurt like you said.

wsuwrhr
02-22-2006, 10:22 PM
Thank you, and your welcome.
Brian
I most often move over in my lane to give them space. They appreciate it with a wave 100% of the time

wsuwrhr
02-22-2006, 10:24 PM
Please read past the first post......... She just worries about me, as I am sure your ladies worry about you.......... She's not a motor-hater. Just concerned.......
Sorry about that, both of you, when I got to the end of the thread I recapped.
Brian

DRMCAT
02-22-2006, 10:28 PM
Sorry about that, both of you, when I got to the end of the thread I recapped.
Brian
No problem. I just wanted to make sure you guys weren't looking for her with a pocket full of ball bearings on the freeway........ She might shoot back.....jk of course :)

wsuwrhr
02-22-2006, 10:29 PM
No problem. I just wanted to make sure you guys weren't looking for her with a pocket full of ball bearings on the freeway........ She might shoot back.....jk of course :)
Be careful out there.
Brian

DRMCAT
02-22-2006, 10:30 PM
I am sure KILRTOY can give us some info on this.... Is it really illegal?

DRMCAT
02-22-2006, 10:33 PM
Be careful out there.
Brian
You too...... The next will be an ultra glide classic.......

River918
02-22-2006, 11:14 PM
I just wonder how DRMCAT can ride a motorcycle with chaps on, carry a jar of bacon grease in his lap and not slide off the seat...Oh well, some questions are better left unanswered.....More wife pics please!!!!!!!!

Kilrtoy
02-22-2006, 11:30 PM
I am sure KILRTOY can give us some info on this.... Is it really illegal?
DID I HEAR MY NAME?
21754(E) covers freeways
21750 and 21755 cover city county streets
it is legal from ANY LANE
and as already stated be courtesy and dont hug lines .
it is alot cheap then a foot to the door or a missing mirror.....

Kilrtoy
02-22-2006, 11:30 PM
Why is that for your wife.....

maxwedge
02-23-2006, 12:01 AM
I think CA may be one of, if not the only state that it is legal in. Lane splitting does make riding in traffic much safer in a lot of ways. Minimizes the exposure time and allows you to get away from heavy traffic pockets is the only way I can explain it. Of course there are limits. Riding a 125MPH wheelie through 65MPH traffic while wearing shorts and a tank top with your buddy filming behind you is still just as rock stupid as can be, but I see it in video clips all the time.

HYPNAUTIC
02-23-2006, 02:35 AM
I always move to the side to let them pass and usually flash the car in front of me to let them know a bikes coming.
When I see somebody being a dick to a biker I also like to pass them while still in their lane. I like to think this helps them learn to move to the side of the lane when someone is whitelining.
I dont ride myself but about 8 years ago my wife and I saw a biker die 2 days before x-mas. Reason for the accident was driver of the car crossed over the line while being passed. That kinda image sticks with you.

mike37
02-23-2006, 06:14 AM
I never move over the reason is that I have never had a bike going slow enough for me to even see them coming
it my be legal but I have never seen it be safe
and for you door kickers F UKE you sorry I didn't see you coming at 60 while traffic was going 10

FORMER RAIDERETTE MRS ELIMINATED SPRINTER
02-23-2006, 06:18 AM
I agree with you there and also the ones that read the same sign as we do that the lft lane is closed and they speed up to the very end and try to get in :mad: or the people in the fast lane doing 55 and when you pass them all of a sudden they find the gas pedal after bout 5miles but bikes I always move over its like the friendly wave you get when your boating :D :D

OGShocker
02-23-2006, 06:59 AM
A few years back, I was on the 60 in the #1 lane, looking in the right side mirror, I see this biker rolling up on the right side. As I always do, I pulled 50% of my truck into the emergency lane. Just then his "partner" rev's his uncorked Harley next to my open window, while riding in the EMERGENCY LANE. Focker scared the living shit outta me! As I started to honk my horn and throw my finger in the air, when I noticed the familiar color green of the VAGO's on their backs. First thing that came to mind was, "that would have been focked if I'd killed a Vago" second thought was "the Mongols throw cool parties".
I now check both mirrors before moving over but, I will always give riders room.

tcook33
02-23-2006, 07:19 AM
I never move over the reason is that I have never had a bike going slow enough for me to even see them coming
it my be legal but I have never seen it be safe
and for you door kickers F UKE you sorry I didn't see you coming at 60 while traffic was going 10
opinions...opinions.......they're like azzholes.
move the f over and quitcherbitchin.

tcook33
02-23-2006, 07:20 AM
A few years back, I was on the 60 in the #1 lane, looking in the right side mirror, I see this biker rolling up on the right side. As I always do, I pulled 50% of my truck into the emergency lane. Just then his "partner" rev's his uncorked Harley next to my open window, while riding in the EMERGENCY LANE. Focker scared the living shit outta me! As I started to honk my horn and throw my finger in the air, when I noticed the familiar color green of the VAGO's on their backs. First thing that came to mind was, "that would have been focked if I'd killed a Vago" second thought was "the Mongols throw cool parties".
I now check both mirrors before moving over but, I will always give riders room.
That's just irresponsible riding.
Everyone knows you're not supposed to sandwich cars on the freeway.....muy peligro.

riverbound
02-23-2006, 07:23 AM
I have done my fair share of lane splitting....and have knocked off quite a few mirrors and even kicked a door or two. :mad:
Lane splitting is perfectly legal and IMO safer than sitting in stop/go traffic.
I cant even count the number of times that I have had some A-hole pull into the lane so I couldnt get by......Even had a door opened up on me once :crossx: and almost went into it. Luckily I was only going about 10 MPH (I think the law is you can only go 10 MPH faster than traffic, so I just stick with that) Needless to say. Once I stopped, the guy who opened the door couldnt get it closed and roll his window up fast enough. :crossx:
I always move over, but like OG said.....check BOTH mirrors before you do. ;)

HMF'er
02-23-2006, 07:30 AM
A couple of turns of the wheel, and you could have killed 2 Vagos!

meaniam
02-23-2006, 08:16 AM
damn im sure you scared the shit out of him. but i never see a vagos hauling ass thru traffic anyways. and i am sure he knew why you swung out. he was proably telling you he is there.
what do the bearings do in stop and go traffic?
i had a friend i went to high school with his dad was part of the vagos. he was short tempered fun as hell but really crazy and mean sometimes. his ass carried a ball pen hammer that he had attached t0o his bike. he said he used it to. (crazy fwck) he also has been hit twice that i know about.
he is a good guy as long as you dont screw with him. so if you are in norco elsinore or grand terrance i wouldnt recommend you not block a bike during traffic. cuase it may be him your blocking
as he is out there

malibuken
02-23-2006, 08:16 AM
When driving the cage, I always leave room for the bikes to split lanes. When riding I really appreciate the folks that do the same. For those who make it obvious they are moving over to give me more room, a simple wave is deserved.
Just be careful when lane splitting and be very aware of what is going on.
The best way for cage drivers to relate is, if I was not on my scoot, I would be driving a larger vehicle and contributing to the traffic jam, so be happy we are out there and be courteous when you see a bike coming. :D

Mrs.Racer277
02-23-2006, 08:35 AM
The Mr. here
As far as being legal, any cop can get you for anything by just saying "reckless driving". So if he decides that he doesn't like your speed difference, he tickets you, then you get to try to prove otherwise in court.
That's a drag.
But, to me, the safety difference is worth the risk.
I don't want to be between two cars (front and rear) and have some moofer let his foot slip off the brake, maiming me for life.
I'd much rather drive down the tunnel, and put the chance in my hands than theirs...

PlaneNutz
02-23-2006, 09:02 AM
MRSDRMCAT,
I saw your husband riding home from work yesterday. He had a big smile on his face.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1558pic2.jpg

Froggystyle
02-23-2006, 09:04 AM
I go one further than moving over... I pull in my mirror since it is particularly wide.
Always move over. If everyone rode bikes we would have zero congestion...

meaniam
02-23-2006, 09:34 AM
MRSDRMCAT,
I saw your husband riding home from work yesterday. He had a big smile on his face.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1558pic2.jpg
lmao. love the shirt

THATJEFFGUY
02-23-2006, 09:59 AM
I split...but only when it's safe ! It takes a little "finesse" to get my Road King between cars, especially when the stupid phuckers decide to move in and not let me through. Needless to say, there's been a couple car doors with my size 11 HD boot imprint :crossx:

mike37
02-23-2006, 04:34 PM
opinions...opinions.......they're like azzholes.
move the f over and quitcherbitchin.
I didn't say I had a problem giving them room
I said I have never seen any one do it safely
so if you think its OK to kick some ones door because you think they should make room for you when in fact they didn't even see you coming

BajaMike
02-23-2006, 04:41 PM
If I see them coming in the mirror, I always make room for them..... :idea:
And I wish I was them.....:D.....or I wish I was DILLIGAF.......:D
:yuk: :rollside: :boxed:

HMF'er
02-23-2006, 05:37 PM
Pink or purple?

CA Stu
02-23-2006, 05:45 PM
Rule of thumb is 15 mph faster than traffic.
I'll split lanes at 60 if the traffic is moving 45, no problem.
One thing that can make it tough is oversized towing mirrors. Since the 91 was re-striped, the lanes are narrower, and if you ride a tall bike the mirrors can be at the same height as truck/SUV mirrors.
Lane splitting is fun and I ride a bike to work at least twice a week, on Fridays for sure. All the getting out of town traffic on a Friday can definitely slow a car down, but not me! I'll bet I pass 5-700 cars on Friday nights.
To those of you that move, right on!
To those who get all uppity, sucks to be you, ya loser! :)
Cheers
CA Stu

MBlaster
02-23-2006, 05:50 PM
I always move to give riders room.
And almost always get a wave back.
Most bikers are very cool.

CA Stu
02-23-2006, 05:53 PM
I go one further than moving over... I pull in my mirror since it is particularly wide.
Always move over. If everyone rode bikes we would have zero congestion...
The voice of reason. Good man.
As far as all the macho door kickers, thanks for giving motorcyclists a good name, you big tough guys! :rolleyes:
Why not just smile and wave? If they were out to piss you off, they'll have an embolism because they didn't succeed, and if it was accidental, they'll just smile and wave back at you!
Win-win!
Cheers
CA Stu

MikeF
02-23-2006, 07:23 PM
It's the dumbasses who don't ride all that often, think they are the SHIT, and change lanes while splitting that I see layed over on the ground.....and when I pass them "slowly" in the traffic...........I believe they definatley deserve it! :crossx: :crossx:

Squirtin Thunder
02-23-2006, 07:37 PM
DID I HEAR MY NAME?
21754(E) covers freeways
21750 and 21755 cover city county streets
it is legal from ANY LANE
and as already stated be courtesy and dont hug lines .
it is alot cheap then a foot to the door or a missing mirror.....
Now that is funny shit being you ride a bike and I drive a big ass lifted 4x4 duelly. I hear squash every once in a while, the sound of chrome on asphalt. My truck take the whole lane and if I see you it will take up two. If this is actually really leagal then it is leagal for me in my truck to use the grass and dirt along side the the backed up freeway. I never did that when I rode, but it was a respect thing, that has gone out the window. 8k verse 600lbs not hard to figure out the winner. Have fun and remember to be as courteous as possible and enjoy the road. :cool:

CA Stu
02-23-2006, 07:58 PM
Now that is funny shit being you ride a bike and I drive a big ass lifted 4x4 duelly. I hear squash every once in a while, the sound of chrome on asphalt. My truck take the whole lane and if I see you it will take up two. If this is actually really leagal then it is leagal for me in my truck to use the grass and dirt along side the the backed up freeway. I never did that when I rode, but it was a respect thing, that has gone out the window. 8k verse 600lbs not hard to figure out the winner. Have fun and remember to be as courteous as possible and enjoy the road. :cool:
Congratulations!
You're an idiot!
Here's a newsflash, lane sharing is legal in California!
And why do you have to drive a huge truck? Compensating for something?
Thanks
CA Stu
PS "legal", "dually", "takes", "versus", and try using a paragraph once in a while, you steaming pile of Monday morning after jalapeno eating contest runny beer shit!

Squirtin Thunder
02-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Congratulations!
You're an idiot!
Here's a newsflash, lane sharing is legal in California! And why do you have to drive a huge truck? Compensating for something?
Thanks
CA Stu
PS "legal", "dually", "takes", "versus", and try using a paragraph once in a while, you steaming pile of Monday morning after jalapeno eating contest runny beer shit!
Thank you Mommy, suck toes :argue:
Cool so the next time I am in CA I will share with all the bikes.
Yes I am Compensating for something, all the dumb asses sharing lanes. :yuk:

Squirtin Thunder
02-23-2006, 08:12 PM
Don't forget the biag ass mirrors :argue: They are easy to knock off you know :)
Tom come on over and knock one off while riding a bike, it will hurt you more than me afterwards.

77charger
02-23-2006, 08:12 PM
One less car on the road.I ride motrcycles too so when i am in traffic i do move over to give them a lil more room,When i ride i appreciate the cars that move over.
the advantage of riding a motorcycle

77charger
02-23-2006, 08:16 PM
crushed sparkplug porcelin works way better.

Squirtin Thunder
02-23-2006, 08:17 PM
This has made me think more about the Howie Long chevy camertial, where they take the short cut around the traffic.
I really would feel bad if I didn't see a bike coming as he or she was splitting a lane and I was changing lanes. I just chalk all this up as a respect thing. And there are tons of bikers that thinkthey own the road. Tom actually knows that I don't split lanes, being we were talking about it one day. :cool:

YeLLowBoaT
02-23-2006, 08:22 PM
I was side swiped by a motor cycle while I was at a red light... in heavy traffic he was doing 55 with traffic stoped at a red light. speed limit was 45. I never saw him. just bang ( he was on a bmw on of its cylinder heads got stuck in my drive side wheel well.) and he was going over the handle bars. Now he was ok.
Now for them to go 5-10 mph at a stop light is one thing. but to move inbetween cars at speed is just asking for it. Its just a matter of time b4 you have some 1 come over on you. Bikes in gernal are hard to see. not to mention most cars have nasty blind spots....
I know many "old school bikers" that will not lane split...funny how almost all of them will tell you a story about thier buddy or themselfs getting hurt.

DRMCAT
02-23-2006, 08:22 PM
I heard it shatters glass really well.

wsuwrhr
02-23-2006, 08:25 PM
I didn't say I had a problem giving them room
I said I have never seen any one do it safely
so if you think its OK to kick some ones door because you think they should make room for you when in fact they didn't even see you coming
I think everyone is talking about people moving over intentionally.
Believe me, if you have ever been in the situation, or have ever seen the situation, you KNOW when it is intentional.
I don't think i would ever kick a car, something about my 150 lb ass kicking a stopped car when I am moving by at 15-30 MPH sounds bad. But I have slowed down to knock off a mirror or two.
Brian

wsuwrhr
02-23-2006, 08:27 PM
Sorry about giving crotch rockets guys a bad name.
Brian

wsuwrhr
02-23-2006, 08:28 PM
Anybody who has ridden for any amount of time has went down or understands it is just a matter of time before they do. Hopefully you only get minor injuries
Two types of riders.
Those who have been down,
Those who are going down.
Brian

77charger
02-23-2006, 08:33 PM
What do you do with that?
when i was younger i use to go to the junkyard to get engine parts.well this guy told me that porcelin will shatter a window quietly and easily. got bored at the junkyard and tried it wouldnt you know drops it like ice shattering.
Been ridin for at least 16 years on street.I dont split traffic that fast usually get passed up by other bikers so i move over and let them by.but then agian i can still do a stand up wheelie for at least a 1/4 mile :) Its just to cold for me to ride to work in the mornin has to be at least 60 to ride to work and at least 70 but not over 90 to ride on the weekends.

wsuwrhr
02-23-2006, 08:39 PM
Its just to cold for me to ride to work in the mornin has to be at least 60 to ride to work and at least 70 but not over 90 to ride on the weekends.
In So Cal? Are you kidding me?
Do you wear underwear with your skirt?
:) :) :)
Brian

77charger
02-23-2006, 08:44 PM
In So Cal? Are you kidding me?
Do you wear underwear with your skirt?
:) :) :)
Brian
no i wear it over.

wsuwrhr
02-23-2006, 09:01 PM
no i wear it over.
Well alright
Brian

wsuwrhr
02-23-2006, 09:01 PM
Boy that must be something to see.
How about some pics?
Brian

HMF'er
02-23-2006, 09:26 PM
The reason I asked is because my husband rides a motorcyle and I worry about him splitting traffic. I just wanted to get an honest answer to see how people really feel about it! Thanks for the quick responses!!!!! :)
I wouldn't worry about him too much, he has yet to get out of first gear.

DRMCAT
02-23-2006, 09:34 PM
I wouldn't worry about him too much, he has yet to get out of first gear.
I am just gonna let this go A.O., but pretty soon the gloves are coming off! :crossx:

Kilrtoy
02-23-2006, 10:07 PM
. My truck take the whole lane and if I see you it will take up two.
Well that is mighty neighborly of you! :rolleyes:
If this is actually really leagal then it is leagal for me in my truck to use the grass and dirt along side the the backed up freeway.
well that is covered under 21754 (C), so you would be in the wrong
I never did that when I rode, but it was a respect thing, that has gone out the window. 8k verse 600lbs not hard to figure out the winner. Have fun and remember to be as courteous as possible and enjoy the road. :cool:
Oh wait its a respect thing and being courteous, you just said you would purposely move your vehicle over with the specific intention of causing an accident that would be covered under 245 PC and is a felony.
:boxed:

River918
02-23-2006, 10:12 PM
http://www.new1.com/jkohl/cartoons/Tossed%20Salad_350.jpg

Ultrafied
02-23-2006, 10:43 PM
Been riding since I was 15 ... always have split lanes. When I drive my truck, I try not to move either way unless the the guy next to me is too close and then I will make room.
But a-holes like the person who would try block you or run you off ... well, there really are those types out there. After a while, you learn to watch heads and mirrors to see who sees you, who wants to jump lanes and who may want to play games.
I'm not proud of some of the things I've down on my bikes, but everyone one of them had a reason. You can definitely tell the difference between someone who makes a mistake in front of you or someone who intentionally does something stupid.
Whenever I'm riding, I always ride with the idea I'm getting back home again, no matter what it takes :D

Squirtin Thunder
02-23-2006, 11:00 PM
Well that is mighty neighborly of you! :rolleyes:
well that is covered under 21754 (C), so you would be in the wrong
Oh wait its a respect thing and being courteous, you just said you would purposely move your vehicle over with the specific intention of causing an accident that would be covered under 245 PC and is a felony.
I think everyone has it wrong, I would only do that if I saw you on a bike. :cool: With that funny lookin uniform and those GoGo Boots !!! :cool:

Squirtin Thunder
02-23-2006, 11:03 PM
I did not !!! Damn cops always twisting words. :cool: I thought it was like at sea the larger vehical has the right of way ????? :yuk:

CA Stu
02-23-2006, 11:11 PM
I did not !!! Damn cops always twisting words. :cool: I thought it was like at sea the larger vehical has the right of way ????? :yuk:
I like puppies
Thanks
CA Stu

Havasu Cig
02-24-2006, 08:52 AM
I have not read this whole thread, but like was stated in the first couple of post it is legal. Nothing pisses me off more than when somebody in a car tail gates me, cuts me off, turns in front of me etc...when I am on my bike. If this happens when i am in a car it might piss me off, but I don't take it well at all on a bike. Jackasses that do this s@#t need a good ass kicking imo. All you need to do is go to a car versus motorcycle accident and you will see what kind of danger you are puting the rider in.
This being said, I am also a lot more careful when i ride my bike to try and avoid these situations. If I am in my car I give bikes a lot more room than i give to cars just to be safe. I have gotten off my bike in traffic and freaked a few people out when I walked up to their windows at stop lights to tell them how stupid they are if they do some of the above crap around me. I saw a bike versus car where the guy was killed (very ugly with body parts on the front of the car and in the road) and those images will stay with me forever. My.02

Havasu Cig
02-24-2006, 09:02 AM
The Mr. here
As far as being legal, any cop can get you for anything by just saying "reckless driving". So if he decides that he doesn't like your speed difference, he tickets you, then you get to try to prove otherwise in court.
That's a drag.
But, to me, the safety difference is worth the risk.
I don't want to be between two cars (front and rear) and have some moofer let his foot slip off the brake, maiming me for life.
I'd much rather drive down the tunnel, and put the chance in my hands than theirs...
Their are kind of high standards on proving reckless driving in traffic court for the L.E.O.