PDA

View Full Version : 1978 Hydrostream Vector - need rub rail

Rebelman
03-25-2002, 08:09 AM
HELP! I damaged my rub-rail during a storm last summer. I need about a 5ft section or I can replace the whole thing.HST said "Good luck".My HST is in the outboard pics.The blue one with the hot chick on it. I'll send you naked pictures of her if you help me.Thanks.

hottrodder
03-25-2002, 03:32 PM
check http://www.diymarine.com (http://www.diymarine.com/diypages/rubrailmaster.htm)
[This message has been edited by hottrodder (edited March 25, 2002).]

ratso
03-26-2002, 05:38 PM
Rebelman: Is that the original HydroStream rub rail? Those are a bitch.

Rebelman
03-27-2002, 11:52 AM
Ratso: Yes,It is a factory rub-rail.I'm having a hell of a time finding one.Somebody told me to try Taco Rub-rails.I called them and they're gonna send me a catalog.I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

ratso
03-27-2002, 07:53 PM
Forget Taco. You might be able to find out something at HydroStream.com if you can get them to reply. They are located in Tennesse now I think. That rubrail was another of Pipcorn's doings, actually installed before the deck is glassed on, something that I have never understood as to why they did it that way. I know when I need the small rail I go to Liberator Boats in Crowley, Tx...but once again it installs different than yours.

ratso
03-27-2002, 07:55 PM
I am not knocking Taco, they have an excellent product, just different from the type you have.

Rebelman
03-28-2002, 02:50 PM
Ratso;I know I'm goin to end up buying a whole boat or have a sheet metal shop make me one. I knew where a 16 ft. Stream was for sale with the right rub-rail.I could probably sell the motor for what he wanted for the rig, but that's kinda drastic.If it had the same windshield,I would have bought it.He was even thinking about having me paint flames on his street rod as a trade- off for the boat.

ratso
03-28-2002, 04:35 PM
Hey Rebelman...You could remove the old rail and glass the edge around the boat and go with the conventional type rubrail. If it was my boat that is what I would do.

Rebelman
03-29-2002, 06:56 AM
Ratso: I could do that.IT would be alot of work.I want to keep the original one. It's a Hydrostream. I've done alot of glass work on it. When I restored / customized it back in 1993 I had to glass the whole bottom of the boat inside and out. The hull is about double it's original thicknes.It added alot of weight but it will never crack. I run in alot of rough water and it takes a beating as well as I do. Actually it helped the ride alot but scrubbed speed. I also frenched two 4 inch quartz-halogen headlights in the bottom hull about 2 feet back from the nose. You can't see them to good in the picture.But you can see them at night!And I can see you, and crab pots,logs,and whatever might be in the way. Gotta Go. Later.