PDA

View Full Version : Guns & Roses....your thoughts....

NOTALENT
02-23-2006, 07:28 AM
So as most may know after all these years one of the greatest hair bands of all time is coming out with there NEW CD! It has been played on KROQ the last few days...Personally I think they SUCK! (The New Stuff) The new song just doesnt seem like GN'R.

riverbound
02-23-2006, 07:32 AM
I heard it.....sounds exactly like them...problem is the song is really dated. and not one of their best.
I like GNR but I will stick with their older stuff. At least when I listen to them now I expect an 80's rock song.

BIGAMIST
02-23-2006, 07:33 AM
New,old.........they suck,doesn't matter how ya look at it :idea:

Sleek-Jet
02-23-2006, 07:35 AM
Two words... "Velvet Revolver".... Axle needs to crawl back under his rock.

Jbb
02-23-2006, 07:45 AM
Tom Brown once petitioned the Canadian court to change his name to Axel...

1978 Rogers
02-23-2006, 08:06 AM
Bingo. :cool:

MagicMtnDan
02-23-2006, 08:18 AM
Face it, if anyone around here had a name like "Axl Rose" they'd be hammered because of it. "Axl Rose" sounds like a trailer problem :idea:

HOOTER SLED-
02-23-2006, 08:19 AM
So as most may know after all these years one of the greatest hair bands of all time is coming out with there NEW CD! It has been played on KROQ the last few days...Personally I think they SUCK! (The New Stuff) The new song just doesnt seem like GN'R.
I did not know this. I guess I need to listen to the radio more. Appetite for Destruction, one of the best rock albums. So is Axl back?

Infomaniac
02-23-2006, 08:22 AM
I thought the old stuff kicked butt. Have their music video DVD.

KACHINA KEN
02-23-2006, 08:54 AM
My bro Richard Fortus plays in the new lineup, he's been on paid retainer for over 2 years now :p :p :p :p

Dave C
02-23-2006, 08:56 AM
VR rocks. its like GNR meets stone temple pilots.
Did anyone see their concert on discoveryHD recently? Good stuff!

Mandelon
02-23-2006, 08:56 AM
I've only heard one song from it on the radio. It was alright but not their best. I really liked them back then and still have them on the Ipod.

AZJD
02-23-2006, 09:06 AM
I am all about the 80's rock, but personally I think the only one still holdin' down and creating new music that has a great sound is Motley Crue. They still sound great and rocked a 3 hour show! Def Leopard, GnR, and/or any of these other bands that were great in the 80's just don't sound as good as they did then! Just my.02

meaniam
02-23-2006, 09:28 AM
do they have slash?

Some Kind Of Monster
02-23-2006, 09:41 AM
do they have slash?
Negative
Duff is gone too.
I think it's just Axel and friends... Is Buckethead still playing with them? He had some talent.

tamalewagon
02-23-2006, 09:59 AM
Tom Brown once petitioned the Canadian court to change his name to Axel...
Was taking a sip of coffee and saw this...came right out my nose. Thanks Brian.

NOTALENT
02-23-2006, 10:00 AM
Was taking a sip of coffee and saw this...came right out my nose. Thanks Brian.
Ouch...that must have burned... :p

riverroyal
02-23-2006, 07:03 PM
the new song,,,,CRAP

MikeF
02-23-2006, 07:13 PM
I concur. I turned the radio off when I heard S.C.O.M. coming through the speakers. I said WTF!
I even turn off when I hear any Metallica (the black album on up). It's crap.

cc322
02-23-2006, 08:23 PM
They had one song and havent heard from them since Guns and Roses now there you have alot of hits IMO one of the best rock bands ever ROCK anybody remember what that is compared to todays over exposed F#%$#n rap and hip hop shit. Maybe thats why Green Day and U2 swept up at the grammys people want to here good music for a change :argue:

desertbird
02-23-2006, 10:41 PM
Yep, friend of mine has a few "leaked" songs on MP3. What a mess!
The Velvet Revolver comment above is right on. They rock, and unfortunately, GnR is done.

Charley
02-23-2006, 11:42 PM
They had one song and havent heard from them since Guns and Roses now there you have alot of hits IMO one of the best rock bands ever ROCK anybody remember what that is compared to todays over exposed F#%$#n rap and hip hop shit. Maybe thats why Green Day and U2 swept up at the grammys people want to here good music for a change :argue:
Dude... listen to the whole VR album you will find 5-6 VERY good songs... No offense but Ill take Weiland on vocals over Axel ANY day of the week!

cc322
02-24-2006, 06:13 AM
Dude... listen to the whole VR album you will find 5-6 VERY good songs... No offense but Ill take Weiland on vocals over Axel ANY day of the week!
Ok I guess I will have to listen to the whole cd but Axel is pretty damn good imo. Oh while were on the topic I'll take Sammy over Dave any day of the week :rollside:

Sleek-Jet
02-24-2006, 06:46 AM
They play the shit out of the VR album on satellite radio... it's pretty good.
I've had it up to here with Green Day... :yuk:
Have to agree with the Van Hagar choice though... :D

NOTALENT
02-24-2006, 06:57 AM
I personally dont really like VR. There good, just not my style. Axle hit's some note's that are just insane not to mention the impact the guitar set's in. Almost like it tell's it's own story.

Dan Lorenze
02-24-2006, 08:55 AM
You are correct sir! (in my best Ed McMahon voice)...

HOSS
02-24-2006, 03:43 PM
I`ll take Sammy and the boyz over any of this new crap.

DEEZ NUTTS
02-24-2006, 03:56 PM
Havnt heard any of the new but it shouldnt be called Guns n Roses.