PDA

View Full Version : Great Beer

Milton04
08-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,
While I am extremely envious of your boating opportunities in Arizona and California, I have to say that while I sit here and read ***boats forum, I am drinking a truly amazing beer that you probably haven't had the chance to taste Sweetwater Roadtrip. Sweetwater is an Atlanta brewery and the Roadtrip is a little lighter than their 420, but not as hoppy as their IPA. Dam it goes down smooth, especially out of the kegerator..... Just thought I would share my worthless 2c.... :D
Cheers and I will be out your way one day soon,
Milton

Debbolas
08-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Sounds good :D
My recent favorite beer is Heferwezen by Gorden Bierz (That Brewery in Las Vegas)

al cole'holic
08-25-2007, 08:29 PM
...I'm liking the Bud, Beach Bum Blonde Ale lately :D

Screemy1
08-25-2007, 09:30 PM
New Belgium Brewery out of Fort Collins, CO has my household.... Skinny Dip for my wife and Blue Paddle for me... both having to be shipped from CO to us since you can't get it here:( They are the brewery that has Fat Tire sweeping across Cali now.... I liked that a couple of years ago until we found the ones listed above.... but I still love a Fat Tire too.....:D

Glamasu
08-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Not near sa goood as the patron im drinkiimg right now:D :D :D :D

al cole'holic
08-26-2007, 10:37 AM
New Belgium Brewery out of Fort Collins, CO has my household.... Skinny Dip for my wife and Blue Paddle for me... both having to be shipped from CO to us since you can't get it here:( They are the brewery that has Fat Tire sweeping across Cali now.... I liked that a couple of years ago until we found the ones listed above.... but I still love a Fat Tire too.....:D
I will have to try those listed...Fat Tire is a fav of mine in bottle form :D

Milton04
08-26-2007, 04:31 PM
I will have to try those listed...Fat Tire is a fav of mine in bottle form :D
While I enjoy Fat Tire when I can get it, I think that if you are ever in the Atlanta area you ought to try a bit of the Sweetwater, pure incredible!!! Hell all beer is pretty good to me as long as it is nice and cold.:D

Throttle
08-26-2007, 04:41 PM
get off your azz and bring some to havi... phebus is ready for another one, or two...

totenhosen
08-26-2007, 04:59 PM
Stone and Lagunitas are some of my favorites right now along with Paulaner hefeweissen

fatboy95
08-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Eye of the Hawk.......... nothing better

Nord
08-26-2007, 05:43 PM
I like Boddingtons myself, but have to admit, nothing cleanses the pallet like a Coors Light............ I know... I know, it tastes like water, it doesn't have much alcohol, blah blah blah, but I'll tell you, it never lets me down :)

EAZYKILLER2006
08-26-2007, 05:46 PM
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/bud-chelada-1.jpg
yummy
touch it up;) with a bit of vodka, and its almost as good as a bloody mary
YUMM

GHT
08-26-2007, 05:50 PM
All you losers have obviously not heard of "America's Finest"
Keystone Light
:D :D

GunninGopher
08-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,
While I am extremely envious of your boating opportunities in Arizona and California, I have to say that while I sit here and read ***boats forum, I am drinking a truly amazing beer that you probably haven't had the chance to taste Sweetwater Roadtrip. Sweetwater is an Atlanta brewery and the Roadtrip is a little lighter than their 420, but not as hoppy as their IPA. Dam it goes down smooth, especially out of the kegerator..... Just thought I would share my worthless 2c.... :D
Milton
I've been enjoying Yellow Tail Pale Ale from Ballast Point Brewery, here in San Diego. I'm about 1/2 way through the latest keg. I usually mix it up between this fine brew, and Mille Lite, depending upon my party schedule. At this point, the Yellow Tail is about 1/2 gone.
You Atlanta folks, or guys from anywere other than So Cal, should really get with the program. Your best summer days are the crappy ones for us.
I experienced the most humid day of the year. My instruments showed 40% humidity and 90° this morning so we went to the movies at 10:00 to see that Mr. Bean movie, and it was much better when we got back so I patiently waited until 5:00 and resumed drinking while I grilled O'ly's famous Shrimp and Steak dinner with Linguini and Bread for the family.
My kids were playing on the jumpy and getting along great the whole time.
Pardon me if I am gloating bu these kind of days don't happen too often. My 4 and 6 year olds played without fighting, the food was perfect (I broke in a new BBQ island, including the 4 burner grill), and the old lady joined in with a glass of wine and put the kids to bath and bed while I finished the weekend's work.
I often think of how sweet it would be to cash in the house and move back east or to Texas. I am ocasionally reminded, like today, what a wonderful place I was lucky enough to be born in. Good O'le San Diego, CA. I can't wait until next weekend, I'm having a fantasy football draft/all nighter and then football season starts and I can count on being able to host the patio party whenever I want because I live in the best place in earth!

burbanite
08-26-2007, 09:26 PM
Ruination IPA out of San Diego.
Can't get it here in CT....:mad:

phebus
08-27-2007, 05:50 AM
My favorite beer is, cold, and free. :D

Milton04
08-27-2007, 07:09 AM
I've been enjoying Yellow Tail Pale Ale from Ballast Point Brewery, here in San Diego. I'm about 1/2 way through the latest keg. I usually mix it up between this fine brew, and Mille Lite, depending upon my party schedule. At this point, the Yellow Tail is about 1/2 gone.
You Atlanta folks, or guys from anywere other than So Cal, should really get with the program. Your best summer days are the crappy ones for us.
I experienced the most humid day of the year. My instruments showed 40% humidity and 90° this morning so we went to the movies at 10:00 to see that Mr. Bean movie, and it was much better when we got back so I patiently waited until 5:00 and resumed drinking while I grilled O'ly's famous Shrimp and Steak dinner with Linguini and Bread for the family.
My kids were playing on the jumpy and getting along great the whole time.
Pardon me if I am gloating bu these kind of days don't happen too often. My 4 and 6 year olds played without fighting, the food was perfect (I broke in a new BBQ island, including the 4 burner grill), and the old lady joined in with a glass of wine and put the kids to bath and bed while I finished the weekend's work.
I often think of how sweet it would be to cash in the house and move back east or to Texas. I am ocasionally reminded, like today, what a wonderful place I was lucky enough to be born in. Good O'le San Diego, CA. I can't wait until next weekend, I'm having a fantasy football draft/all nighter and then football season starts and I can count on being able to host the patio party whenever I want because I live in the best place in earth!
Yep GunninGopher that sounds great. Good beer and a good time it's all good....
Hey EAZYKILLER2006 I haven't tried the Bud Light and Clamato beer yet I hear that California and Texas were the test market for it pretty good eh?
Milton

Old Texan
08-27-2007, 07:31 AM
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/bud-chelada-1.jpg
yummy
touch it up;) with a bit of vodka, and its almost as good as a bloody mary
YUMM
That just looks like a morning after headache waiting to happen.......:D

Old Texan
08-27-2007, 07:34 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Milton
The 2 things I miss most since moving from Aalanta 2 yrs ago are Lake Lanier and Sweetwater 420. Great in the bottle, fantastic on Tap......:D :D

thatguy
08-27-2007, 07:42 AM
On tap, Black Butte Porter in a frozen mug.
Bottled, Samuel Smith oatmeal stout for restraunt's and dinner, Corona any other time.
EXCEPT in Canada. Then it is Molson Canadian Lager. Not the stuff we get in U.S. Higher alcohol.
Tommy

Milton04
08-27-2007, 07:27 PM
The 2 things I miss most since moving from Aalanta 2 yrs ago are Lake Lanier and Sweetwater 420. Great in the bottle, fantastic on Tap......:D :D
Definately the Sweetwater 420!! While I always have a keg of that, Sweetwater made a beer called Road Trip it is a little lighter than the 420 and not as hoppy as the IPA, INCREDIBLE!!!! Glad they made a mistake!:D :D You would probably love it!
Milton