PDA

View Full Version : Anti-War Concert / Line-up announced

carbonmarine
02-23-2006, 12:09 PM
Yeup,,, All the usual door-nobs. Can you image the banter in-between songs; if they ever get to to the songs .. !! Geeeeeeeez...
Among the performers scheduled to play March 20 are R.E.M. frontman Michael Stipe, Bright Eyes, Rufus Wainwright, Fischerspooner, Public Enemy's Chuck D, Devendra Banhart and Peaches, Billboard.com reported.
Sheehan will address the audience at the concert noting the third anniversary of the U.S. invasion of Iraq, Billboard said.
Janeane Garafalo will broadcast her Air America Radio show "The Majority Report" live from the concert.
Money raised by the show will go to Iraq Veterans Against the War and Veterans for Peace.
:cool:

centerhill condor
02-23-2006, 01:21 PM
as an honor for what exactly? no job, no child support, no clean underwear, no taxes... My guess is by looking at this list of half speed yoyo operating "musicians" she's a GOD! will there be flag burning? speeches by income redistributors? white male bashing? for it to be "real" they would have to be instrumental only, in the dark, and holding their breath so as not to harm the environment. where's the EPA when you need them...the girl needs a job!
If you're truly agains the war... work to end it by winning it in Iran! :clover:

Mr. Pixilated
02-23-2006, 01:30 PM
1 hump on your camel or would that be 2...Nuke them all!!!! :yuk:
Tree hungers unite!!!!!
I love a good political rally!!!Just not one that bashes everything we are made of...Strength!!!!

MagicMtnDan
02-23-2006, 01:39 PM
Do you think the ACLU will sue to get the "concert" shown live on every TV station in order to ensure "free-speech?"

centerhill condor
02-23-2006, 01:43 PM
I keep waiting for the american communist lawyers union to tell these divorce judges to keep the state out of a religious institution but that would put their bretheren out of work... $300/hr... would by a lot of 105 octane!