PDA

View Full Version : 1 year Wedding Anniversary

Run_em_Hard
08-28-2007, 06:25 AM
My one year is coming up here soon...need some ideas on a little gift. Something fairly simple. What kind of things are good ideas?

Jbb
08-28-2007, 06:28 AM
A large, framed, autographed picture of JBB..........makes the perfect gift...:)

shadow
08-28-2007, 06:30 AM
http://media1.guzer.com/pictures/big_rooster.jpg

Wizard29
08-28-2007, 06:31 AM
I just got back yesterday from taking my wife on a cruise down to Ensenada for our one year anniversary. First cruise for us both and it was a good time.
Not necessarily simple or inexpensive, but memorable anyway.
I think I'm in trouble now though. She appears to be hooked on the cruise thing, which I'm sure will cost me in the future...

Cheap Thrills
08-28-2007, 06:32 AM
The Traditional first year gift is Paper. So, how about some tickets to see a show ? Ballet / Play/ Concert / ??
T.

Run_em_Hard
08-28-2007, 06:55 AM
I just got back yesterday from taking my wife on a cruise down to Ensenada for our one year anniversary. First cruise for us both and it was a good time.
Not necessarily simple or inexpensive, but memorable anyway.
I think I'm in trouble now though. She appears to be hooked on the cruise thing, which I'm sure will cost me in the future...
I was actually thinking about this the other day...I kinda figured that I might have to do that for our five year.

Run_em_Hard
08-28-2007, 06:56 AM
The Traditional first year gift is Paper. So, how about some tickets to see a show ? Ballet / Play/ Concert / ??
T.
I will have to see what we have going on around here...:idea:

Wild Horses
08-28-2007, 06:57 AM
Take her to a horse show! She would love that. :devil:

HavaSkank
08-28-2007, 07:05 AM
T.
Paper? Well then it's obvious. Serve her with divorce papers.

Wild Horses
08-28-2007, 07:09 AM
Hey now Skank back off with the negative MOJO!!:D :D
This is my son, him and his wife have a great thing going!! I wish people with great marriages nothing but the very best.
Clint
Runnin' Wild

HavaSkank
08-28-2007, 07:19 AM
There's nothing negative about divorce, Sparkie. It was the best gift my Ex ever gave me!

OnlyMoney
08-28-2007, 07:21 AM
T.
Or MONEY!!!!!!!!!! :D

Wild Horses
08-28-2007, 07:25 AM
There's nothing negative about divorce, Sparkie. It was the best gift my Ex ever gave me!
Just remember, what is good for some isn't always the right thing! LOL :D :D \
And I do agree that It was a great gift from my Ex also.
Sorry, I will go to the mat with anybody for my kids! :devil: :devil: :D :D
Clint
Runnin' Wild
AKA Sparkie

HavaSkank
08-28-2007, 07:34 AM
Not me. I'd sell my kid for a case of Bud and a carton of Camels.

Wild Horses
08-28-2007, 07:37 AM
Sorry I don't believe you smoke Camels!!! LOL

Cheap Thrills
08-28-2007, 07:43 AM
Or MONEY!!!!!!!!!! :D
Yeah but, just giving money doesn't require much thought.
Now If he handed her a wad of cash Along with the monthly bills nicely wrapped in a heart shaped box, Then that'd be Okay because it required a little creativity :D
T.

Ziggy
08-28-2007, 08:00 AM
simple and from the heart usually is good. Memorable doesn't have to be expensive.

Run_em_Hard
08-28-2007, 08:17 AM
Na...I think that I might just have to pass on this one. Besides she lets me spend all of our money on the boat:D

Run_em_Hard
08-28-2007, 08:18 AM
Not me. I'd sell my kid for a case of Bud and a carton of Camels.
You seem more like a Virginia Slim type:rolleyes:

riverbound
08-28-2007, 08:20 AM
I gave her a pregnancy on my first anniversary:D

MRSDRMCAT
08-28-2007, 08:21 AM
I think the paper thing is very romantic....something on the paper like a enduring saying between the two of you ...perhaps have it professionally done....burn the edges and frame it. Then take her to a romantic dinner. Simple but thoughtful and special.

Run_em_Hard
08-28-2007, 08:22 AM
simple and from the heart usually is good. Memorable doesn't have to be expensive.
Thats what I am going for...

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-28-2007, 08:24 AM
I was thinking more on the lines of just a weekend get away for both of you..
somewhere local but pretty like you were somewhere far away.. :D
I am sure as long as you are together you will both be happy..that is priceless.:)

Big Kahunaa
08-28-2007, 08:28 AM
boat parts:D congrats

AirtimeLavey
08-28-2007, 08:36 AM
Congrats on the 1 year. I just had mine. I took her to a very nice restaurant in Laguna Beach, the Montage and gave her a personalized book (paper). Check out this website,
http://www.bookbyyou.com/default.asp?id=Bs_B_Y-Google&source=google
You give them info, names, physical characterisics, etc. and they insert it into stories already written. Pretty funny stuff. They even put one of your photos on the back cover. Read some of the samples. Good luck. :D

ratso
08-28-2007, 08:37 AM
...aside from the crabs...:idea:

MRSDRMCAT
08-28-2007, 08:40 AM
Congrats on the 1 year. I just had mine. I took her to a very nice restaurant in Laguna Beach, the Montage and gave her a personalized book (paper). Check out this website,
http://www.bookbyyou.com/default.asp?id=Bs_B_Y-Google&source=google
You give them info, names, physical characterisics, etc. and they insert it into stories already written. Pretty funny stuff. They even put one of your photos on the back cover. Read some of the samples. Good luck. :D
Like that!!! Very cool!! I saved the website in my favorites. Such a unique gift.

AirtimeLavey
08-28-2007, 08:50 AM
Like that!!! Very cool!! I saved the website in my favorites. Such a unique gift.
I bought a couple copies in case one gets lost. We leave them around, and it's pretty funny when someone picks it up and realizes it's us on the back cover and in the story. :D Try the "free personalized preview" to get a real feel for it.

Run_em_Hard
08-28-2007, 09:15 AM
I agree...good idea:idea:

Froggystyle
08-28-2007, 09:17 AM
My one year is coming up here soon...need some ideas on a little gift. Something fairly simple. What kind of things are good ideas?
Get her a coffin...
;)
(Talledega Nights quote if you didn't get the joke...)

Nord
08-28-2007, 09:22 AM
There is a coupon for Morton's Steak House floating on the web for 99.00 it includes a three course meal for 2..........

HavaSkank
08-28-2007, 11:42 AM
...aside from the crabs...:idea:
The crabs became profitable. I trained them and toured Europe, subsequently putting the Flea Circus out of business.

LadyLavey
08-28-2007, 11:52 AM
Try taking her back to where you purposed and have a picnic. Or depending where you got married go and have the same dinner you did on your wedding. Don't forget to eat you cake topper...Did you freeze it?? I'm chick so I am sappy like that:)
We've decided for our 5 year anniversary we are going to race cars...the Formula racecars. Only 11 more months:D

Run_em_Hard
08-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Try taking her back to where you purposed and have a picnic. Or depending where you got married go and have the same dinner you did on your wedding. Don't forget to eat you cake topper...Did you freeze it?? I'm chick so I am sappy like that:)
We've decided for our 5 year anniversary we are going to race cars...the Formula racecars. Only 11 more months:D
I wish that I could take her to where I purposed...Dam run 2006 at the bottom of the Dam:D

Kilrtoy
08-28-2007, 07:13 PM
what is the wife getting you, a second wife....:)

HOOTER SLED-
08-28-2007, 08:03 PM
How about some anal?:D :devil:

THOR
08-28-2007, 08:04 PM
A new vacuum?
An iron?