PDA

View Full Version : Any wheelers that Jeep in the off season?

hkunz
08-28-2007, 04:09 PM
Here's the other forum I lurk on. Did a few posts.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504561

Kilrtoy
08-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Yes alot of people on here do, But i wont tell you I do, because when something goes wrong, you will blame me even though I was not there

Her454
08-28-2007, 04:28 PM
Yes, we do. My husband is on that forum as well. Where are you located?

OCMerrill
08-28-2007, 04:34 PM
You will find me on many a jeep forum... other than forkin pirate.
We go year round. Just got back from a week at Pismo Beach.

Troy McClure
08-28-2007, 04:36 PM
Just got back from a wheeling trip today. Couple of friends and I played hookie from work and went up to the entrance to Holy Jim for a quick off road jaunt. Stopped by Cooks for lunch.
Good time for a quickie. :D

Troy McClure
08-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Cool looking rig, and nice build.. I didn't read the whole thread but it looks like it turned out well.....

XtrmWakeborder
08-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Just got back from a wheeling trip today. Couple of friends and I played hookie from work and went up to the entrance to Holy Jim for a quick off road jaunt. Stopped by Cooks for lunch.
Good time for a quickie. :D
I hope you aren't talking about that 4 mile dirt road....:rolleyes:

Troy McClure
08-28-2007, 04:45 PM
I hope you aren't talking about that 4 mile dirt road....:rolleyes:
Yea, that's pretty much what it is but there are some fun side trails. Again, it was a quick run, I have to work, sometimes anyway....

OCMerrill
08-28-2007, 05:02 PM
Yea, that's pretty much what it is but there are some fun side trails. Again, it was a quick run, I have to work, sometimes anyway....
What's neat about going up there is wondering if the gate will be lock behind you?:D
Cooks makes for a good lunch. My son (4 years old) just digs looking at the bikes.
My Jeep is tore down (Clayton Hard Arm going on) but we have to get a run planned soon.

XtrmWakeborder
08-28-2007, 05:10 PM
I hear yah, any good trails up there? It seems like silverado should have plenty.

Troy McClure
08-28-2007, 05:15 PM
My Jeep is tore down (Clayton Hard Arm going on) but we have to get a run planned soon.
Cool, Clayton is a great lift from what I've heard. My Jeep is still mostly stock. I've been looking at lifts, currently I'm thinking a Nth 3" with the TT and 33's, with plans for the Highline kit and bigger tires down the road.

OCMerrill
08-28-2007, 05:58 PM
I am doing this lift myself. Its a complete Weld on kit.
I also have Hansen rock sliders and bumpers on order as well. With the full rear carrier option for cans and a cooler. I am going to spray all this myself body color.
The 2" body lift and 2" budget boost running 315's was just not getting the job done.:D
When I get further along you will have to come by and check it out. The main reason I chose Clayton was the rear arm configuration. I can't stand those 4' long LCA's on Unlimiteds. SA lifts have hight limits. I am going 5.5". I figure that with the weight of bumpers, winch, peeps, etc will be just about right.
We have run allot of trails just stock, even before the BB and BL. I will own this jeep for a long time.

fiasco
08-28-2007, 06:03 PM
I dont go jeepin , But I go landcruisering cant wait for winter now:)

Troy McClure
08-28-2007, 07:52 PM
I am doing this lift myself. Its a complete Weld on kit.
I also have Hansen rock sliders and bumpers on order as well. With the full rear carrier option for cans and a cooler. I am going to spray all this myself body color.
The 2" body lift and 2" budget boost running 315's was just not getting the job done.:D
When I get further along you will have to come by and check it out. The main reason I chose Clayton was the rear arm configuration. I can't stand those 4' long LCA's on Unlimiteds. SA lifts have hight limits. I am going 5.5". I figure that with the weight of bumpers, winch, peeps, etc will be just about right.
We have run allot of trails just stock, even before the BB and BL. I will own this jeep for a long time.
That sounds like a fun project. I have no idea how to weld, so I'm sticking to bolt on stuff.
A friend of mine just installed the Hanson sliders, they looked pretty good and got me looking at their front bumper. I like the recess for the winch...
Yea, let me know when you've got that thing going, I'd like to come see it.

speedymopars
08-28-2007, 10:32 PM
I have a lifted jeep grand cherokee limited that wheels pretty good, and an 01 dodge ram body lifted with the factory off road package and 35's (soon to be 37's) that wheels incredibly well.
I like driving out to wildomar Off road park myself; holy jim is for hiking. Big fine if you go off road and get cought. I'm right by irvine lake, so I wish the close trails were a bit tougher....

Caljamr
08-29-2007, 06:48 AM
I just reconditioned my 1973 Ford Bronco getting it ready for this winter. This will be my first time wheeling in and around the Vegas area. I can't wait to hit some trails. I'll post some pictures of it tomorrow.

mbrown2
08-29-2007, 07:30 AM
Do some light wheeling around Parker and hopefully around Phx this off season...Unlike my friends, I feel good at the end of the day when something does not break, get dented, or scratched :)....still learning
Have an 07 Wrangler Unlimited 4door, ARBs, 5.13's, 35's, Full Traction 3in Ultimate lift....It is definitely capable for more things then I am ready to attempt...My old TJ was easy to get around in the tight spots, but I am getting used to the new one..:)

Sportin' Wood
08-29-2007, 07:36 AM
<----- Been known to do a little Jeepin'.
All year.

mbrown2
08-29-2007, 07:38 AM
All year.
There is nothing little about that sort of jeeping! :)

skygod73
08-29-2007, 09:14 AM
I like driving out to wildomar Off road park myself; holy jim is for hiking. Big fine if you go off road and get cought. I'm right by irvine lake, so I wish the close trails were a bit tougher....
Where exactly is this at and how do I get there?

Big Kahunaa
08-29-2007, 09:30 AM
im selling the yota we bought a polaris ranger it just fits in the toy hauler so much better but we do a lot of trail running we will see how the ranger does
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f117/AzRiverChic/Poker%20Run/PokerRun015.jpg

OCMerrill
08-29-2007, 10:37 AM
Where exactly is this at and how do I get there?
Wildomar?
Of Hwy 74 (Ortega) just at the peak of the road before you drop down to Elsonore lake level (maybe 8 miles up from the lake) there is a turn off for the Wildomar Riding Area. There is also dry camping back there.
You need a stupid adventure pass. You will get a nice present if you don't have one if you park a vehicle in one place for very long.

OCMerrill
08-29-2007, 10:41 AM
All year.
That's not a Jeep (just a little JU ribbing):D :D

Sportin' Wood
08-29-2007, 02:18 PM
That's not a Jeep (just a little JU ribbing):D :D
Its more Jeep then most Jeeps in JP magazine. :D JU can kiss my ass! To quote Bre.;)
Jeep engine
Jeep Transmission
Jeep transfer case
Jeep frame ( well sorta)
Jeep body, Liberty
Jeep registration
Insured as a Jeep
And most important....... It requires me to "Just Empty Every Pocket"
I'd say its plenty Jeep. :D

Screaming Pete
08-29-2007, 02:46 PM
SW is it worth buying a new Jeep and building from there with the new axle set up or???????? start with what year ???

Stoneman
08-29-2007, 03:10 PM
We go off-roading, not jeeping. We own a land cruiser.:)

hkunz
08-29-2007, 03:50 PM
Yes, we do. My husband is on that forum as well. Where are you located?
We're in Bakersfield, we go wheeling in Johnson Valley, Shaver Lake (but not this year) and Panamint Valley. We also trailered it over to Havasu last spring and took it out a bit there. My trip to Pismo didn't work out all that well - the CHP wanted mudflaps when I drove it down Highway 1.

hkunz
08-29-2007, 03:54 PM
You will find me on many a jeep forum... other than forkin pirate.
I didn't know there were other forums - I mean I did find one with projects like how to put 50 series tires on your Wrangler, and the best stereos for Libertys.....

Troy McClure
08-29-2007, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=OCMerrill;2761420]You will find me on many a jeep forum... other than forkin pirate.QUOTE]
I didn't know there were other forums - I mean I did find one with projects like how to put 50 series tires on your Wrangler, and the best stereos for Libertys.....
Nice. Yea you pirate guys get a little harsh sometime. I lurk over there occasionally but have never posted.
I did enjoy the 72 page thread about the guy who tried to rip a member off. He got what he deserved for sure. Lucky he didn't get worse..:eek:

DSIDan
08-29-2007, 04:07 PM
When I cant afford boat gas, $50 for a great weekend at the Con':D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38149&stc=1&d=1188432411

hkunz
08-29-2007, 04:12 PM
When I cant afford boat gas, $50 for a great weekend at the Con':D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38149&stc=1&d=1188432411
Jeep gas is muy cheaper than boat gas, that's for sure. Even at 5 MPG, we may only go 20 miles in a day. The boat, at 2 MPG, and going 50 miles - ouch!

XTRM22
08-29-2007, 09:14 PM
I can be found bouncing around in my old CJ here around Havasu. Nothing hardcore, I like to drive it out....and drive it home.:) Besides it pulls daily driver duty parttime. Pirate offroad is pretty cool but I mostly hang out on Jeepforum.com in the CJ section.
HAVACJ
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/XTRM22/cj-72.jpg

OCMerrill
08-29-2007, 09:19 PM
[QUOTE=Troy McClure;2764097]
Nice. Yea you pirate guys get a little harsh sometime. I lurk over there occasionally but have never posted.
I did enjoy the 72 page thread about the guy who tried to rip a member off. He got what he deserved for sure. Lucky he didn't get worse..:eek:
Could you just believe that? They hunted that punk down and just ruined him. :eek: With his IP they searched and found him on a college site...from there they got all his personal info and BAM. All over a set of USED gears and $150 bucks. What a dumb ass.
That thread should to be sent to all internet rip off artists. :D

OCMerrill
08-29-2007, 09:27 PM
Its more Jeep then most Jeeps in JP magazine. :D JU can kiss my ass! To quote Bre.;)
Jeep engine
Jeep Transmission
Jeep transfer case
Jeep frame ( well sorta)
Jeep body, Liberty
Jeep registration
Insured as a Jeep
And most important....... It requires me to "Just Empty Every Pocket"
I'd say its plenty Jeep. :D
Well it's still pretty cool even though it has all that Jeep crap in there.:D :D :D
I only said that because of comments you made here back a few million threads ago about the JU guys ribbing you over having a buggy. I read but don't post much on any 4x4 website. Everybody's an expert. Your rig looks to be very well done.
Rides? Maybe I could learn something:)