PDA

View Full Version : Big Bass Pro Shop, what an amazing store

Magic34
08-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Went to that place for the first time tonight. Brought the whole family. What an experience.
The atmosphere and overall store is incredible. The people behind that store are crazy good at marketing. You get so involved in the happenings around the store, you forget that you rae shopping. If you go in there to check it out, you are there an hour and end up buying something that you dont need.
They also succeed at this by having a very open floor, meaning they dont cram inventory everywhere with stuff falling off of shelves. They make the shopping an incredible experience compared to any other store I have been in.
I dont fish, and if you think it is just for fishing, you're wrong. I walked around and completely missed the fishing poles the first time around.
Check it out, it is a good time.

Phat Matt
08-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Very cool store.
I bought a gun case there last week.

Racey
08-28-2007, 08:37 PM
The one out here in vegas is amazing, frigging huge place with ten thousand gallon plus aquariums, indoor gun and archery range, waterfalls, bitchin store for sure.

OCMerrill
08-28-2007, 08:48 PM
I have driven by a few times. It's like a 1/4 mile long. Bitchen looking to boot.

Troy McClure
08-28-2007, 08:49 PM
I went to the new one out in Mira Loma (?). Too f'n crowded. Walked in... made my way to the exit and left. Didn't get a chance to check it out. Maybe need to visit when it's an off day???

Phat Matt
08-28-2007, 08:50 PM
I went to the new one out in Mira Loma (?). Too f'n crowded. Walked in... made my way to the exit and left. Didn't get a chance to check it out. Maybe need to visit when it's an off day???
Rancho Cucamonga

Troy McClure
08-28-2007, 08:52 PM
Rancho Cucamonga
Gesundheit.....
Yea, what he said:D

Magic34
08-28-2007, 09:16 PM
It is busy on the weekends here, but not bad at all on weeknights.

RitcheyRch
08-29-2007, 04:41 AM
Never been but have debated checking out the new store on the 15 freeway.

THOR
08-29-2007, 06:28 AM
Its awesome.

Danhercules
08-29-2007, 06:41 AM
I have not been to the new one in Rancho, but the one in Dallas,TX is beyond awsome. Blowes the one in Vegas away. I hope to make it to this one soon. I am just waiting for the crowds to go away.

Baja Big Dog
08-29-2007, 06:58 AM
Went to that place for the first time tonight. Brought the whole family. What an experience.
The atmosphere and overall store is incredible. The people behind that store are crazy good at marketing. You get so involved in the happenings around the store, you forget that you rae shopping. If you go in there to check it out, you are there an hour and end up buying something that you dont need.
They also succeed at this by having a very open floor, meaning they dont cram inventory everywhere with stuff falling off of shelves. They make the shopping an incredible experience compared to any other store I have been in.
I dont fish, and if you think it is just for fishing, you're wrong. I walked around and completely missed the fishing poles the first time around.
Check it out, it is a good time.
Well since you were in "GUN HEAVEN" did you pick out your new gun, hopefully you didnt wander into the "High Roller" gun room!!!:jawdrop:

hipcash
08-29-2007, 07:04 AM
We were there on opening day and there was a lady sitting at the exit with her tit out breast feeding her kid as hundreds of people walked by.

caroftheweek
08-29-2007, 07:10 AM
We were there on opening day and there was a lady sitting at the exit with her tit out breast feeding her kid as hundreds of people walked by.
sometimes, you got to do what you got to do.
don't matter where you are...:D

Caljamr
08-29-2007, 07:21 AM
Next time you come through Vegas check out he Bass Pro shop at the Silverton. It's really nice. The aqaurium has a lounge next to it and they have this mermaid show that's pretty cool. Just like you said I walked around for an hour and was about to leave then i saw there was a second level with archery and other stuff. They also have a Orange County Bass chopper on display.

Magic34
08-29-2007, 07:29 AM
Well since you were in "GUN HEAVEN" did you pick out your new gun, hopefully you didnt wander into the "High Roller" gun room!!!:jawdrop:
Funny you mention that. I walked in there just looking, and I went to look at a price tag to see what a "fine gun" is.
It is $31,000. Holy sh*t!
For me, I looked at the Sigs, and I am going to check out the HK soon. They didn't have them there. I did play on the arcade shooting range though. :D

Cole Trickle
08-29-2007, 07:33 AM
How was there pricing on guns? Any XD 40's?:idea:

Magic34
08-29-2007, 07:36 AM
How was there pricing on guns? Any XD 40's?:idea:
Yes, they carry those. Around $500 and the Sigs were in the high $700 range.

Windy
08-29-2007, 07:36 AM
I think my dad has been there everyday since it opened. :)

Cole Trickle
08-29-2007, 07:45 AM
Yes, they carry those. Around $500 and the Sigs were in the high $700 range.
I need to go check it out. Seems like most of the local gun emporiums didn't carry what I want and had to order. I imagine they do licensing as well?

GETSOME
08-29-2007, 08:07 AM
I need to go check it out. Seems like most of the local gun emporiums didn't carry what I want and had to order. I imagine they do licensing as well?
Hold out until Turners outdoor has a sale!:D I can tell that money is burning a hole in your pocket though

Freak
08-29-2007, 08:10 AM
Feeding time for the fish is something to see. Check it out if you can.

Cole Trickle
08-29-2007, 08:31 AM
Hold out until Turners outdoor has a sale!:D I can tell that money is burning a hole in your pocket though
I don't think Turners stocks the XD series? I have looked on there site an they don't list them so I imagine it would be a order item.
I know dave payed about 500.00 for his SA at turners

GETSOME
08-29-2007, 08:39 AM
I don't think Turners stocks the XD series? I have looked on there site an they don't list them so I imagine it would be a order item.
I have not been in there in a while so not sure if they still have them. Go in and ask. Or just call around and play the beat the price game.

Magic34
08-29-2007, 04:56 PM
Yes. They also offer a CW and safety course. I'll be taking mine at the store. :)

franky
08-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Go sit in the (camo) recliner and leather couch and just look around for a while. That place is amazing, at least the (new) Las Vegas store..

havasu5150
08-29-2007, 09:07 PM
I've been to the original one in Springfield Mo. It was awesome. Haven't made it to the Mesa store yet.

Mohave Vice
08-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Second visit there tonight. Had dinner. St. Louis ribs very good. I love this place. Must visit the Fine Gun Room upstairs. Saw a matching set of 20 guage ...........$149,000.00.

topless
08-29-2007, 10:15 PM
Very cool store. I've already been there 5 times.

djunkie
08-30-2007, 02:15 AM
Cabelas is another fine store to check out. The big one in Nebraska is pretty nice. :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38181&stc=1&d=1188468889
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38180&stc=1&d=1188468889

djunkie
08-30-2007, 02:19 AM
Even if they don't have it there you can buy it and they will have it when your 10 days are up. Thats what I did. Just don't plan on getting one like mine with the stainless slide for $500. I only got that deal cause they shipped that instead of a blued slide so they just gave it to me for the cheaper price. :D
And they also give the Handgun safety tests there.

Cole Sanger
08-30-2007, 03:18 AM
Bass Pro here in AZ also seems to have more boating stuff than West Marine. I don't think West Marine likes me because they never seem to have what I need. But they can always order it.

diesel
08-30-2007, 06:30 AM
Cool Place, always takes me hours to leave, but I still think ammo is cheaper at walmart......