PDA

View Full Version : Child Abuse

burtandnancy2
08-29-2007, 04:02 PM
I drive past a couple of high schools in the afternoon, and see the fields filled with young kids in full football gear, helmets and all, and they are working out while I'm reading 106 on my dash. What are the coach's thinking? Isn't there a limit when they should knock it off? You read once in a while where a teenage dies of the heat. Sad...

ratso
08-29-2007, 06:18 PM
I drive past a couple of high schools in the afternoon, and see the fields filled with young kids in full football gear, helmets and all, and they are working out while I'm reading 106 on my dash. What are the coach's thinking? Isn't there a limit when they should knock it off? You read once in a while where a teenage dies of the heat. Sad...
...they could always go inside like so many kids nowdays and be dysfunctional and watch TV...:idea:

Ultrafied
08-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Hell week ... do it and play. Go in and cool off, well, sit and watch the game. We all did it (who ever played football that is). Never enjoyed it, but endured it. What is the big deal?:D

HocusPocus
08-29-2007, 06:31 PM
i played football in the heat.. just gotta drink plenty of fluids.

XtrmWakeborder
08-29-2007, 06:40 PM
It's a part of the game. Hopefully the coaches are smart and let them get their fluids.

MrsGHT
08-29-2007, 06:42 PM
It's all about the choice they make and more power to them. I guess you think basic training in the Military is abuse.:jawdrop:

Screemy1
08-29-2007, 06:48 PM
yup.... just access to fluid, half gatorade half h2o is the best..... heat does not kill you, failure to recognize signs kill you...... been there, done that.... heat stroke all most got me..... hospital for long time and I got better..... I notice the signs.... but kept working because I wanted to finish..... stupid me the job didn't get finished for another week when only a 15 min break would have had it done in another 2 hours.......

Old Texan
08-29-2007, 06:52 PM
Pussy......:devil:

photo chick
08-29-2007, 06:57 PM
You are joking....right?

ratso
08-29-2007, 06:59 PM
:D WOW !! try motocrossing racing when it's 100+, used to do it all the time when I was younger.
Definitely... had me, my son, stepson, and a couple of nephews that raced... I guess you need that competitive edge that you just don't get with a nintendo remote control in your hand... or whatever the "hot" thing is nowdays that the fat kids play...:D

Bradman
08-29-2007, 07:02 PM
I played football all through high school while living in Las Vegas, NV. Are hell weeks were held the first two week of August. We had 2 a days in temperatures that exceeded 106 degrees. We just drank lots and lots and lots of water.

yopengo
08-29-2007, 07:05 PM
I played football all through high school while living in Las Vegas, NV. Are hell weeks were held the first two week of August. We had 2 a days in temperatures that exceeded 106 degrees. We just drank lots and lots and lots of water.
I did the same in Tucson, AZ...fockin nuts. Go AMPHI HS :D

ratso
08-29-2007, 07:08 PM
Pussy......:devil:
C'mon now... supposed to wait until at least the 2nd page for things to spin outta control lol...:D

Misogynist
08-29-2007, 09:07 PM
C'mon now... supposed to wait until at least the 2nd page for things to spin outta control lol...:D
Hey Ratso... what's happening?........ :D

MudPumper
08-29-2007, 09:23 PM
And I suppose our troops in Iraq wearing 50 pounds of full battle gear in the 140* heat should stay inside and not work. :idea: My wife teaches 3rd grade and anytime it gets close to 100* they make the kids stay inside from recess and she does not get a lunch break from the kids because she has to watch them in the classroom. WTF is wrong with people these days. Kids cant play because it's 100* outside. Were breeding a bunch of panzies.:mad:

photo chick
08-29-2007, 09:34 PM
And I suppose our troops in Iraq wearing 50 pounds of full battle gear in the 140* heat should stay inside and not work. :idea: My wife teaches 3rd grade and anytime it gets close to 100* they make the kids stay inside from recess and she does not get a lunch break from the kids because she has to watch them in the classroom. WTF is wrong with people these days. Kids cant play because it's 100* outside. Were breeding a bunch of panzies.:mad:
Very well said!!! Your poor wife doesn't get a break b/c of parents who sue the schools b/c Jonnie should'nt have to break a sweat! Bet she doesn't get any extra $ because she looses her lunch either! Which I'm sure she'd probably rather have the break than money anyways. Kids today are so sheltered it's sick! I could go on but I'd better stop now! :devil:

photo chick
08-29-2007, 10:06 PM
I think with little kids, it's better to err on the side of caution. It was 109° when I picked my daughter up today at 2pm. It was hot inside the classroom. My daughter is 5, she doesn't know the signs of heat stroke or heat exhaustion.
The last two days I picked her up, she was actually outside playing on the playground equipment. She has daycare at school after kindergarten. She was BEET RED both days and she is far from sheltered and quite used to the heat. I'm glad they had her inside today.
Lastly, I wouldn't want to be the parent that got the phone call from school "Sorry, your kid died today at recess."
No one wants to be the parent who gets that call!!
5 years old is a bit young, yes.
3rd graders should be able to stay outside in the heat of the day in Santa Clarita. Water should be available but there's no reason they can't stay outside for lunch, what is it 45 mins? I grew up there and never sat indoors during the summer, I was the one playing soccer or some type of sport. There is always a child who has special needs or the one who is lazy, they can always just sit on the swings or under a tree for lunch!

topless
08-29-2007, 10:30 PM
I think with little kids, it's better to err on the side of caution. It was 109° when I picked my daughter up today at 2pm. It was hot inside the classroom. My daughter is 5, she doesn't know the signs of heat stroke or heat exhaustion.
The last two days I picked her up, she was actually outside playing on the playground equipment. She has daycare at school after kindergarten. She was BEET RED both days and she is far from sheltered and quite used to the heat. I'm glad they had her inside today.
Lastly, I wouldn't want to be the parent that got the phone call from school "Sorry, your kid died today at recess."I don't blame you. My son who is 15 is in marching band. (I know, band geek but he is good and loves it) He has been out there every day from noon till 7 pm marching and getting ready for the upcoming football season. He comes home beat red as well but I do send him with plenty of water and lunch. He doesn't complain but at the same time I do worry.

Tom Brown
08-29-2007, 10:41 PM
I drive past a couple of high schools in the afternoon, and see the fields filled with young kids in full football gear, helmets and all, and they are working out while I'm reading 106 on my dash.
It was a cool day, Mario. Slow the fock down!

hoolign
08-29-2007, 10:44 PM
It was a cool day, Mario. Slow the fock down!
Speeding in a school zone! The nerve! :eek:

Kilrtoy
08-29-2007, 11:17 PM
Speeding in a school zone! The nerve! :eek:
WTF, Im all over this felony....
Guess someone should report the havasi cross country team training every week in 110 PLUS temps...

hoolign
08-29-2007, 11:21 PM
WTF, Im all over this felony....
Guess someone should report the havasi cross country team training every week in 110 PLUS temps...
:D :D
I'm glad the roughnecks don't complain about working outside in the winter..- 40 has to be illegal!

Magic34
08-29-2007, 11:27 PM
I played baseball every summer groing up here in AZ. Some days, I would play for 8 hours all day. Practicing with multiple teams. I loved it.
On another note, I would want my 3 y/o inside if it is over 103 or so. She would keep playing until she passed out regardless of how hot she got.

moneypit
08-30-2007, 07:16 AM
I coach 8, 9 & 10 year olds in football and I ran the piss out of them last night. Little fockers... I didn't play sports so I don't know what's it like to run around in that heat. I living my life through my son and all the others kids. I'll be damned if they let me down.
Just kidding. Actually we did have the kids suited up last night. It was hot and we kept them hydrated. I kept the drills to walk throughs and more teaching than anything. I waited for it too cool down and until we got some cloud cover before we went full speed and contact. CHILD ABUSE are bigs words so buzz off, I know what I'm doing.

pw_Tony
08-30-2007, 07:52 AM
Played Hockey in full gear when it's 110 outside. Talk about some hot gear

Cheaper To Keep Him
08-30-2007, 06:58 PM
My step-daughter plays softball here in havasu and practices 4 nights a week and plays tournaments on weekends 3-4 games a day, She just stays hydrated....hell we spend more on bottled water than gas in the boat and we aint Channel Queens Either!!!!