PDA

View Full Version : EbbTide Boats....anybody know anything about them?

RaceFace
08-29-2007, 04:26 PM
I sold my 21' Ultra earlier this summer and am looking for a bigger deckboat for the family. The problem is I'm not ready to dump $80+ for a nice one. Ive seen the Ebbtides on the water and they look nice but I dont know much about them. I realize they aren't "hot boats" and I know they aren't fast, but then again, how fast can you safely go on a crowded lake or river anyways I found a nice 2006 24 footer for sale for 37k. That price would be much more acceptable to me....that way I can use the extra money for a hot rod project. :D :D

phebus
08-29-2007, 04:34 PM
I had an Ebbtide, and it was a great built production boat. Bought it from Chris at Tige Watersports in Corona who is a really stand up dealer.
Great purchase and it was a great boat.

Froggystyle
08-29-2007, 04:37 PM
I have a really nice 2003 JC Tritoon with a 350 Volvo and a big ass stereo for sale for $35,000 obo if you are interested... low hours too. I don't have the specifics in front of me, but if you want info, let me know...

cc322
08-29-2007, 04:41 PM
I sold my 21' Ultra earlier this summer and am looking for a bigger deckboat for the family. The problem is I'm not ready to dump $80+ for a nice one. Ive seen the Ebbtides on the water and they look nice but I dont know much about them. I realize they aren't "hot boats" and I know they aren't fast, but then again, how fast can you safely go on a crowded lake or river anyways I found a nice 2006 24 footer for sale for 37k. That price would be much more acceptable to me....that way I can use the extra money for a hot rod project. :D :D
IMO They are one of the best looking production deck boats on the market, as far as it not being a "HOT BOAT" who cares, your on the water having fun and its price is in your budget. Look at the nada guide and if you like it make a offer....good luck.

dunaholic
08-29-2007, 04:43 PM
My in laws have an Ebbtide and it is great for them. Not the greatest of boats in my opinion, but definatley a good cruising vessel. Tops out at about 50 mph on a good day. Great to have to just be on the water. Lots of room on the thing and it is cheap to operate. Plus you can fish off it in the late afternoons and in the mornings. It will pull a skier/boarder just fine. All in all it is an ok ride if that is what your needs are.

2Driver
08-29-2007, 04:44 PM
Close friends of ours that have a place in Havi bought the 24' Ebbtide last spring.
I have to say it is an excellent boat. Well thought out and very well built. If I was buying a family production deck boat I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up. His is loaded and I think he has $50K into it new.

RaceFace
08-30-2007, 10:10 AM
Cool, thanks for the info :D

stoker_sst
08-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Have had one for a little over a year and have not one complaint with it. Not the fastest boat on the water, but very comfortable and does not cost alot to operate. It was difficult at first to talk myself into a production boat (had a Stoker, which I miss), but have enjoyed the Ebbtide very much.

Screemy1
08-30-2007, 12:08 PM
friend has one..... he loves it, I never went on it but have been out in my friend yamaha while the Ebbtide was there..... seemds like a nice boat, but so does my friends Yamaha jet........ I have a low 1977 jet.... so something new always seems nice....:) My wife likes the comforts of the Ebbtide or the Yamaha....

Jyruiz
08-30-2007, 12:15 PM
Ebbtides are nice, go for it.

RT21
08-30-2007, 12:34 PM
I see tons of them on the river. They sure throw a really big wake. :rolleyes:

USCFAN
08-30-2007, 12:49 PM
Have a buddy that has an Ebbtide and it seems to be a really nice boat. Oh and yes they do make really nice wakes.:D

Trailer Park Casanova
08-30-2007, 12:51 PM
We buy all our boats from them.
Chris is the owner.
Danny Brubaker is the saleguy we deal with.
Always get good deals:
951) 737-9801
Dan will take you out and you can test drive one all you want as long as you want.
No sales pressure.
They put out huge wakes.
Good quality, nice hand laid glass work, excellent interiors, choice of Volvo or Merc Mills and drivelines.

Keith E. Sayre
08-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Over the years, I've sold bunch of them and the buyers seem to like them.
They have lots of storage and hold alot of people and are well built. Between
them and the sunesta's probably the best production decks out there for the
money for those that don't want a tunnel bottom performanace deck. the
only negatives that I ever hear about them is top end speed and ride quality
when compared to the tunnels.
Keith Sayre

riverracerx
08-30-2007, 01:04 PM
I think they are the best looking production deck style boats. I sat in one at the boat show and was super impressed!

riverfun
08-30-2007, 01:09 PM
I had a Ebbtide runabout and it was a very good boat. Held up well was comfortable and just was an all around good boat. Never had one issue with it for the four seasons we owned and used it.

2Driver
08-30-2007, 01:40 PM
the
only negatives that I ever hear about them is top end speed and ride quality
when compared to the tunnels.
Keith Sayre
Our friends fully packed with gear, 4 people, full of gas with both biminis up does about 50 MPH in lake chop. That's with the 350 Mag single prop. Not bad really.

Kilrtoy
08-30-2007, 01:59 PM
I cant believe this thread made it this far with only ONE JACK in it...
Nice boats. Good price, Make yourself happy get it.

riverracerx
08-30-2007, 03:13 PM
I just priced out the 260 deck with a 496HO and it came to $87K :2purples:

Cole Trickle
08-30-2007, 03:25 PM
I just priced out the 260 deck with a 496HO and it came to $87K :2purples:
you got the graphic package and all the bells and whistles:)
I looked at that boat earlier and it was 78.5K with the HO front/rear wash down and no stickers;)
For 45K I think it would be a cool practical ride....For 85K I am buying a 26' Ultra deck:devil:
Either way it's wayyyyyyy better than those crappy sea doo boats;):D

RaceFace
08-30-2007, 04:28 PM
Damn!! For $85k, Im buyin' another Ultra too!!!
Here's one that I saw online.....pretty much loaded and good price.
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/7/9/89796479.htm