PDA

View Full Version : Where's the best place to buy a Toy Hauler?

Dan Lorenze
08-30-2007, 06:25 AM
The wife and I decided to purchase a Toy Hauler. I need a "lite" trailer that I can tow behind my Tahoe. I like the Thor Vortex and Weekend Warriors trailers. Looking for a smokin deal on a fairly loaded 23' front sleeper, new or used.. Any ideas? Thanks........
Dan

Mrs. Bordsmnj
08-30-2007, 06:29 AM
We searched and searched when we wanted to buy one. Looked at new, every brand, used, Sandshow, etc. and ended up finding a smokin deal used. :) Not sure you will find a 23' front sleeper. Front sleeper was one of our requirements too and we got a 26'.
Check the RV trader.
Good luck to ya! :)

HMF'er
08-30-2007, 06:31 AM
If you're buying new, you gotta stop by Giant RV in Corona and see Jeff Denton.

TheCarDudes
08-30-2007, 06:35 AM
If you want to buy new and you can wait 'til October, I have purchased both of my Monaco motorhomes here:
http://www.carvshow.com/
I found that this is where you can see the most builders in the shortest amount of time. In addition to that, all the manufacturer's reps are there to give the selling dealer incentives to close a deal at the RV show. I guarantee the exact trailer you want will be at the show from whatever builder you choose. If you buy one sitting at the show, they will pull it out at night and replace it with another one. They can also sell off the inventory they have at the lot with the same show pricing.
You will get you best price on the first day of the show as well as the best selection of "take it home that day" models. They want to get the ball rolling and start making deals so they can build up the hype. By the middle of the show, most of the properly configured models are already sold. Your next best day to get the best price is the last day of the show.
Good luck,
George

Baja Big Dog
08-30-2007, 06:42 AM
RV trader...Craigslist..the used market is huge, and guess what...its a buyers market!!!

OGShocker
08-30-2007, 06:58 AM
The wife and I decided to purchase a Toy Hauler. I need a "lite" trailer that I can tow behind my Tahoe. I like the Thor Vortex and Weekend Warriors trailers. Looking for a smokin deal on a fairly loaded 23' front sleeper, new or used.. Any ideas? Thanks........
Dan
http://theinsideline.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8714
Redneck is selling his. It is better than new!!!

Jetdriver
08-30-2007, 07:03 AM
We too tow with a Tahoe and went to Bakersfield and saw Stiers RV. The main reason I bought from them is there customer service. When I called to talk with them they didnt want my name and number over the phone unlike all the other places I had called, they were no pressure. So we took a drive up there and found the trailer we have now. Its a Sandpiper Sport 21. Tows very well behind the Tahoe and the price was easy to deal with. Its loaded too! If you are looking for new I would talk to them first. The salesman that helped us still calls us to find out how things are and we have had the trailer 2 years now. Oh one other thing, when we brought it home I decided I wanted to play with it a bit and try out the fuel pump. It didnt work, so I called them and told them what was going on and that I didnt want to tow it all the way back to bakersfield. They sent a Tech down to my house with a new fuel pump and all his tools and fixed it in my driveway! THATS SERVICE!

diesel
08-30-2007, 07:16 AM
I have a buddy whos selling his 5th wheel 40 foot weekend warrior for only 40K:sqeyes:

Bella
08-30-2007, 07:18 AM
What model and what year?
I have a buddy whos selling his 5th wheel 40 foot weekend warrior for only 40K:sqeyes:

Bella
08-30-2007, 07:20 AM
The person I would go looking for is Shawn Zang. he is in the fleet side of things for Giant if memory serves me correct. he is top notch!
Another ***boat member turned me on to him. he hangs out in glamisdunes.com under the name headinjury.
Brett

OGShocker
08-30-2007, 07:22 AM
Shawn is a good guy but he works for the second biggest pile of shit on the planet. IMHO.
Stay away from Giant RV.

OGShocker
08-30-2007, 07:30 AM
Don't take my word for it.... (http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/search/parms/sw%7BGiant%20RV%7D%7Ckm%7Bexact%7D%7Ckl%7Bm%7D%7Cf m%7B%7D%7Cpd%7B365%7D%7Cma%7B%7D/sr/1/srt/d/searchIn/-/page/1.cfm)

LOWRIVER2
08-30-2007, 07:31 AM
Glamisdunes.com trailers for sale section for used. Also check RVtrader for good deals on WW's out of state, if you're set on a WW.
Travelon out of SD county was spanking Giant at last year's Sand Show for WW show pricing.

Trailer Park Casanova
08-30-2007, 07:36 AM
Simi Valley RV.
Only talk to Jim.
He has a nice selection of lites, and if ya lean on him, he's very flexable on price.
805 522 1221

Trailer Park Casanova
08-30-2007, 07:37 AM
Shawn is a good guy but he works for the second biggest pile of shit on the planet. IMHO.
Stay away from Giant RV.
Brother, have we ever heard that about Giant.

Dan Lorenze
08-30-2007, 07:44 AM
Simi Valley RV.
Only talk to Jim.
He has a nice selection of lites, and if ya lean on him, he's very flexable on price.
805 522 1221
Thanks TPC, I went down there on Sunday and talked to Dave. I've heard that they will won't be undersold. After a friend went down to Richardsons and got a price there he went to Simi and they matched it and took almost 10k off the price of a Holiday Rambler TT. Simi's big on the Rage'n brand.

Dan Lorenze
08-30-2007, 07:47 AM
Thanks for all the helpful replies... I'm all over the RVtrader...
George, I'll hit the show in Oct.... thanks.........

Ziggy
08-30-2007, 07:48 AM
:confused: :confused:
I found a brand new one for 38k already, garage model with dining/sofa and bed popouts. Not a WW.
I've heard a ton of negatives about WW lately in some of the RV forums....problem after problem..:(
I am also looking for a trailer but 5th wheel is a must with certain space requirements.

OGShocker
08-30-2007, 07:49 AM
You should take a minute and look at Redneck's TH. It is really nice and priced right too.

Hustler
08-30-2007, 07:52 AM
contact Shawn Zang. 909-841-4761 he can set you up with new or used and will beat any price you can find. as far Giant goes I have never taken a trailer there for repair and never will. I will never use a dealer again for repairs, I always take mine to the factory and have never been disappointed.

Ziggy
08-30-2007, 07:53 AM
You should take a minute and look at Redneck's TH. It is really nice and priced right too.
I like the brand his is too....

Jetboatguru
08-30-2007, 07:53 AM
:confused: :confused:
I found a brand new one for 38k already, garage model with dining/sofa and bed popouts. Not a WW.
I've heard a ton of negatives about WW lately in some of the RV forums....problem after problem..:(
I am also looking for a trailer but 5th wheel is a must with certain space requirements.
Ziggy, for the price and what you get the Sandpiper/ Sierra was a great deal. We had a 40 footer that we used to go to the boat races. The boat fit in with more than enough room to spare. It was an 05 that I paid 32K loaded. It was through Giant RV though. I never had any probs with it so I dindt have to deal with them after the purchase Good luck.

rivercrazy
08-30-2007, 07:59 AM
Do yourself a big favor - Go see Roger at Haulin Toyz in Ventura, Ca. Awesome service and the best price your likely to find.

Big Kahunaa
08-30-2007, 09:03 AM
anderson dodge in havazoo they took 11gs of sticker on this
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f117/AzRiverChic/cars/STUFF048.jpg
24 foot front sleeper

OGShocker
08-30-2007, 09:05 AM
24 foot front sleeper
Do you have a color photograph of it? :D j/k
Nice looking unit/./.

OutCole'd
08-30-2007, 09:05 AM
24 foot front sleeper
How much storage is in something like that? Can you fit a rail in it?

Magic34
08-30-2007, 09:12 AM
If you buy a used Weekend Warrior, the warranty does not transfer to you from the original owner. Even if it is only 3 months old, does not transfer.

Redneck
08-30-2007, 09:14 AM
mine is in spam it is heavy though. 7500 dry might be to much for a Tahoe. I tow with 2500 Chevy diesel with no problem. 24,000 for a 29ft 06 Sierra Sport. Pm me if interested.

Ziggy
08-30-2007, 09:19 AM
How much storage is in something like that? Can you fit a rail in it?Thats my dilema too......wife digs the garage style but only a few brands make the garage deep enough....without the garage most rails will fit but generally not sandcars with their wide stance....
I need to be able to pack 2 quads and a rail in it........I have some ideas :idea:

OutCole'd
08-30-2007, 09:21 AM
Thats my dilema too......wife digs the garage style but only a few brands make the garage deep enough....without the garage most rails will fit but generally not sandcars with their wide stance....
I need to be able to pack 2 quads and a rail in it........I have some ideas :idea:
Yep, I can see getting on of those in the next year, but I want it small 25-28' and enough room for a rail. I figure I'm going to have to tow the Baker grade everytime I use it. I don't want a 12k lb trailer dry behind me.

Big Kahunaa
08-30-2007, 09:28 AM
How much storage is in something like that? Can you fit a rail in it?
a polairs ranger thats it the front sleeper eats up alot of room but i dont have to listen to her bitch

Big Kahunaa
08-30-2007, 09:29 AM
Do you have a color photograph of it? :D j/k
Nice looking unit/./.
cant afford a color camera with the new payment:D thank you

diesel
08-30-2007, 12:04 PM
What model and what year?
its a weekend warrior 40 footer, toy hauler compartment. I believe its 05

ChumpChange
08-30-2007, 12:11 PM
Stay away from Giant RV.
Who is the biggest?

Krumbsnatcher
08-30-2007, 02:21 PM
its a weekend warrior 40 footer, toy hauler compartment. I believe its 05
is that a true 05 or really an 03, you know WW likes to play with their registrations.

diesel
08-30-2007, 04:39 PM
is that a true 05 or really an 03, you know WW likes to play with their registrations.
yes 2005 weekend warrior with with hauler, pop outs 40 foot, 3 axle for 40K firm...:D

OGShocker
08-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Who is the biggest?
I was just giving Giant as much credit as I could muster.

talkinghead
08-30-2007, 05:49 PM
Giant RV - not if they were the last RV dealer left in so. cal. would I buy from Giant. No Way!
One thing I learned about towing RV's - if your TV specs say it will tow 7500 lbs, buy an RV that weighs around 5000 MAX (as an example).
I know this sounds a little crazy, but a Tahoe is not a really good TV for a TT I would say more than 21 ft.
Short Wheelbase - a 3/4 ton truck is more suited for a 24 ft. TT.