PDA

View Full Version : Hartford Insurance suks!!!

gramps
08-30-2007, 11:16 AM
In 1994 I left work on a total disability and have been on the disability ever since. My disability insurance (CINGA) from work approved my claim and has every year. Social Security has also approved my claim. I was also given (for the term of the disability) a life insurance policy (Hartford) which has been approved every year. A few months ago Hartford sent me my annual paperwork for the continuance of the life insurance policy. I filled out my part and had my doctor’s office to their part. A couple of months later I found out that the doctors office had incorrectly filled out the papers and my life insurance was canceled. I went thru their “appeals” process and the doctor’s office redid the paperwork. Hartford still denied my claim stating that the only way they will reinstate me is if I file a lawsuit and win in court!!!!!!!!!! All of this is due to a stupid clerical error!!!!!! The stupid policy was only for $50,000. If I retain a lawyer for this he will get $200/hour. I’m to the point where I think I’ll just get my own life insurance and forget about Hartford. I amazed that the idiots at Hartford will not reinstate the policy.
I have been through the three levels of management at Hartford and get the same result from each one.
If you have any dealing with Hartford watch out, they will screw you for ANY reason.

H2oracer
08-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Contact the insurace commisioner in your state and file a complaint.:idea:

Hal
08-30-2007, 11:31 AM
Put this on http://ripoffreport.com/. Maybe it will do some damage.
Here are some of Hartfords complaints. http://ripoffreport.com/searchresults.asp?q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search%21&q5=hartford+insurance&Search=Search

gramps
08-30-2007, 12:29 PM
Contact the insurace commisioner in your state and file a complaint.:idea:
thanks I'm filling it out tonight

Shreve"T"
08-30-2007, 12:59 PM
If you have any dealing with Hartford watch out, they will screw you for ANY reason.[/QUOTE]
This holds true with "ALL" Insurance companies......