PDA

View Full Version : Beckham Out For 6 Weeks Due To Sprain Ankle

RitcheyRch
08-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Sure didnt get our money outta this guy.
http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_242205713.html
David Beckham could miss the rest of the Los Angeles Galaxy's season after being diagnosed with a sprained right knee Thursday.
The English midfielder underwent an MRI exam that confirmed he sprained the medial collateral ligament in his knee, the team said in a statement.
Beckham was injured in a tackle with Pachuca midfielder Fernando Salazar in the first half of Wednesday night's SuperLiga title match. The Galaxy lost 4-3 on penalty kicks.
He was expected to be out about six weeks, and will immediately begin rehabilitation, the team said.
That would place his return at mid-October, at which point the Galaxy would have three regular-season games remaining -- against Toronto FC, New York and Chicago.
Beckham had already been nursing a left ankle injury that caused him to miss seven games since joining the team July 13.

Kilrtoy
08-30-2007, 05:17 PM
I recall saying that piece of work would come up with some BS like this and walk off with all the cash

AirtimeLavey
08-30-2007, 07:05 PM
Shiat. I know all of my friends are all excited about soccer, now.
Not. :rolleyes: Still a great kids game. :D

3 daytona`s
08-30-2007, 07:21 PM
David Beckham could miss the rest of the Los Angeles Galaxy's season after being diagnosed with a sprained right knee Thursday.
The English midfielder underwent an MRI exam that confirmed he sprained the medial collateral ligament in his knee, the team said in a statement.
Beckham was injured in a tackle with Pachuca midfielder Fernando Salazar in the first half of Wednesday night's SuperLiga title match. The Galaxy lost 4-3 on penalty kicks.
He was expected to be out about six weeks, and will immediately begin rehabilitation, the team said.
That would place his return at mid-October, at which point the Galaxy would have three regular-season games remaining -- against Toronto FC, New York and Chicago.
Beckham had already been nursing a left ankle injury that caused him to miss seven games since joining the team July 13.
You concern yourself with some of the most unimportant B.S. so often:idea:

AZJD
08-30-2007, 07:30 PM
Guys are gunnin for him. He got lots of respect in Europe. Not here!:crossx:

framer1
08-30-2007, 07:35 PM
:sleeping: Who cares? Football, yea what ever:rolleyes: I'm sick of espn pushing this stupid so called sport upon us:eek:

Caribbean Jet
08-30-2007, 08:30 PM
What a joke for $250 mil:mad:

Baja Big Dog
08-30-2007, 09:09 PM
Who cares!!:mad:

dmontzsta
08-30-2007, 09:11 PM
That really sucks, but he has proven how big of an impact he can have in the MLS with just the few games he has played. First free kick? GOAL. Two assists, the guy can still get it done.
BTW: The Galaxy are only paying him around $4.xx mill per year, the rest is sponsors.

BadKachina
08-30-2007, 09:19 PM
I'm so upset.:rolleyes:

HemiDude
08-30-2007, 09:56 PM
Who the phock cares?????

dmontzsta
08-30-2007, 10:21 PM
If you guys dont care, dont click on the damn thread, simple as that. There are plenty of threads in here I could give a shit less to click on and dont.

RitcheyRch
08-31-2007, 09:14 PM
Exactly. Dont think many care about this sort of thing but just wanted to throw it out there, Doesnt get me butt hurt if no one reads it.
If you guys dont care, dont click on the damn thread, simple as that. There are plenty of threads in here I could give a shit less to click on and dont.

Baja Big Dog
08-31-2007, 09:21 PM
Who cares...OPPPPPSSS I said that yesterday, cant believe it made it two days!!:mad:

Rexone
08-31-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm really upset about this.
Do they play soccer here in the US? :confused:

Tom Brown
08-31-2007, 10:53 PM
I had to delay a haircut for 10 days during the last world cup because my barbers are two Italian men who live for football. They shut the business down and watched the game.
Then... for several days after they re-opened and team Blue (Italy) won, they spent 85% of their time talking about the great victory. For a while, it was taking an hour for a cut.
People all over the world love soccer. The only place it isn't popular is in the US and Canada... and that is starting to change.

Baja Big Dog
09-01-2007, 07:09 AM
Who cares...oh wait a minute...thats the third time I said that..
But hey his wife ia a POA!!:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-01-2007, 07:18 AM
I don't watch the sport but it does suck that he got hurt.
we have a good friend that use to play for the galaxy ,, he retired about 5 years ago. it is a tuff sport. He has had many knee and neck surgeries.:(

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-01-2007, 07:23 AM
I swear every time I see one of those guys go down in a heap after being kicked in the foot, I think they've been hit by sniper fire.
the chins are the ones that make me cringe.. :jawdrop: :D