PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Offshore 2002 Schedule

Spirit of Discovery
03-05-2002, 03:38 PM
Pacific Offshore, The West Coast Division of APBA Offshore, announces it's 2002 racing schedule. We are excited about the dates and venues for the upcoming racing season.
May 4 - 5 Oceanside
June 1 - 2 Long Beach
July 27 - 28 Benecia
August 17 - 18 Huntington Beach
September 7 - 8 Pittsburg
October 5 - 6 San Diego Harbor
TBA Ventura
The season is shaping up to be one of both challenging and extremely fast water. Oceanside, Huntington Beach and Ventura are open ocean races and have proven to have some of the roughest water in Offshore Racing. Long Beach, Benecia and Pittsburg are somewhat more protected but can deal some real challenges to the racers. San Diego Harbor is going to be the fast race. This protected harbor is ideal for the "Stadium Race". The entire course is visible from just about anywhere on the sidelines and ...whew!! Is that water fast!
We would like to extend an invitation to everyone to join us on the left coast some time this year for one or all of our races.
Hope to see you there!

Spirit of Discovery
03-05-2002, 03:51 PM
We are in need of patrol boats for the races as well. If you have a large boat and want to get close to the action, e-mail me and I'll put you in touch with the right people!! Thanks for helping out!!

AudioGuy
03-06-2002, 12:06 PM
I have a 28' do not know if you would call it large, but would love to get involved with the races, let me know if i can be of asistance

AudioGuy
03-06-2002, 12:07 PM
I have a 28' do not know if you would call it large, but would love to get involved with the races, let me know if i can be of asistance, Sorry wrong smilly

Flashwave
03-06-2002, 03:46 PM
Hi AudioGuy,
I'm glad to see your interested in Pacific Offshore. We definitely have fun at the races. A lot of great people, fast boats, good food and excitement.
I look forward to seeing you at the races.
Jim

Spirit of Discovery
03-07-2002, 10:02 AM
Just in case anyone is interested, Mr. Flashwave (above) happens to have taken 2nd place in the WORLD finals in Key West this past November for Factory 1!! In addition, IT WAS HIS ROOKIE SEASON !! Don't let anyone tell you that Pacific Offshore has second rate boats OR second rate water. We (Pacific Offshore) took First and Second in Factory 1 at the worlds!! Come out and meet the TOP TWO FACTORY ONE BOATS IN THE WORLD !! AND THE TOUGHEST DRIVERS IN THE WORLD. We have the roughest water in offshore!! That's what Offshore Racing is all about (could that be a challenge to those East Coast Boys?). All in fun!! Offshore Racing is a GREAT sport and I'm PROUD to be a part of it!! See y'all at the races!

Spirit of Discovery
03-15-2002, 11:28 AM
THANK YOU to all who have replied about being a Patrol Boat!! Pacific Offshore loves to have you participate with us. The race venues are getting better and we're growing. Who knows, maybe you'll be the next rookie out there slicing and dicing with us!! Hope to see you at the races!!
Scott

TriSum
03-18-2002, 03:42 PM
Spirit, I would also be interested in helping out. How do we get more information? Thanks, Dave