PDA

View Full Version : CHP Officer Killed

JetBoatRich
12-21-2005, 11:03 PM
Just saw the report on the news, out of control at over 100MPH chasing a speeder :mad:
RIP

H20 Toie
12-21-2005, 11:04 PM
That sucks :mad:

Kilrtoy
12-21-2005, 11:05 PM
WTF where . MOTOR COP OR WHAT
RICH IM IN HAVI
UPDATE

dicudmore
12-21-2005, 11:08 PM
sucks :mad: :(

Outnumbered
12-21-2005, 11:18 PM
RICH IM IN HAVI
UPDATE
CHP Officer Killed in I-5 Crash Near Grapevine
FORT TEJON - A California Highway Patrol officer was killed Wednsday in a single-vehicle crash on Interstate Five.
Authorities suspect the officer was trying to make a traffic stop involving black a sports car, but they don't have further details.
The late-morning crash occurred at the Grapevine exit on the northbound side of the interstate.
The crash area is in southern Kern County.

Outnumbered
12-21-2005, 11:20 PM
Sad news, this just happed to a rookie here in Phoenix. Major bummer.

Beer-30
12-21-2005, 11:22 PM
He was coming down the grapevine, N/B I-5. Lit up an Acura RSX (suv?) at over 100. Acura sped up. He put out failure to yield and no other radio traffic.
Car went end over end as well as side to side. Not good.

Kilrtoy
12-21-2005, 11:23 PM
MOTHER FO>>CKERS
Im P:ISSED,
sorry

Kilrtoy
12-21-2005, 11:23 PM
Sad news, this just happed to a rookie here in Phoenix. Major bummer.
HE is still alive, Hope he makes it

rrrr
12-21-2005, 11:26 PM
Sorry to hear that. Lost a Dallas cop in early November and a Fort Worth cop two weeks ago. When I read about the dedication, the family life, the focus on duty these officers had....I just turned to jello.
I went to drop off a floral arrangement at Dallas Police Officer Brian Jackson's viewing, and the courage of the officers there was beyond my emotions. Proud, solemn, and upright, those brave men and women all accepted my condolences much more graciously than they were offered.....
My thanks to those that protect and serve.

Outnumbered
12-21-2005, 11:28 PM
HE is still alive, Hope he makes it
I'm pretty sure he died a few days ago.

Outnumbered
12-21-2005, 11:32 PM
Man, it was 2 weeks ago. Seems like it was not that long ago:
Rookie officer injured in crash dies
Republic staff, wire reports
Nov. 30, 2005 07:25 AM
A rookie Phoenix police officer injured Monday when his patrol car crashed has died.
Phoenix police spokesman Detective Tony Morales said Paul Salmon, 22, died Tuesday night at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center.
He had been on life support and in extremely critical condition after suffering extensive head injuries in the accident. The rookie officer's police cruiser rolled while he was responding to a domestic-violence call in south Phoenix.
Salmon, 22, has been with the department for six months.
On Monday afternoon, police officials described Salmon's condition as "extremely critical." He has extensive head injuries.
Salmon is a 2001 graduate of Hamilton High School in Chandler, where as a senior he was student body president.
Hamilton High School Principal Fred DePrez had no trouble remembering Salmon.
"He is just a great kid," said DePrez. "He really cared about people, and they all loved him right back."
As a student, Salmon was better known for his sense of humor than his sense of law and order.
"He was about the last kid you would expect to be a cop," DePrez said with a laugh. "The second to last thing you would expect him to be is a teacher."
At 12:52 a.m. Monday, Salmon radioed in that he was responding to a domestic-violence call in south Phoenix.
He was traveling west on Baseline Road when he tried to turn onto 31st Avenue. He lost control of his vehicle.
At 12:58 a.m., a resident called police to report an accident. It was Salmon. He was extricated from his car by the Phoenix Fire Department and transported to a hospital.
Phoenix police are investigating the accident.
Shortly after he was taken to the hospital, Salmon's parents and fiancee arrived and spent the day by his side.
The domestic-violence call was considered a "hot" or "Priority 1" call, which means the suspect was still on location, and the scene was still considered dangerous.
Salmon, who worked out of the South Mountain Precinct, would be getting to the location as quickly as he could, according to police spokeswoman Sgt. Lauri Williams.
The car's emergency lights were still flashing several hours after the accident.
"We're a really big department," Phoenix Police Cmdr. Kim Humphrey said. "But we are very small right now. We are very concerned."
As a high school student Salmon worked for charities as well as being in the student government. As a junior he helped collect food for St. Mary's Food Bank in Phoenix.
As a senior he worked with elementary and junior high school students to encourage them to develop school spirit and to stay motivated.
"He was an extremely likeable high school kid," DePrez said.
Republic reporter John Faherty contributed to this report.

Kilrtoy
12-21-2005, 11:32 PM
I'm pretty sure he died a few days ago.
SHUT THE FUC...k P
I heard he made it
I dont men to be rude
BUT DAMN

Outnumbered
12-21-2005, 11:33 PM
SHUT THE FUC...k P
I heard he made it
I dont men to be rude
BUT DAMN
Maybe a different incident??

rrrr
12-21-2005, 11:44 PM
SHUT THE FUC...k P
I heard he made it
I dont men to be rude
BUT DAMN
Two different incidents; one tonight on I-5 in California, the other two weeks ago in Phoenix.
Why the confusion?

RiverToysJas
12-21-2005, 11:47 PM
SHUT THE FUC...k P
I heard he made it
I dont men to be rude
BUT DAMN
Dude you need to settle down!!! You're seem like you're about 3 posts away from taking a 30-06 to a tower for some target practice.
RTJas :D

Outnumbered
12-22-2005, 12:29 AM
Two different incidents; one tonight on I-5 in California, the other two weeks ago in Phoenix.
Why the confusion?
I think you are confused, go back and read the posts. Here, I will help you out:
1) Kilr thought that the rookie in PHX was still alive
2) I broke the bad news that he died
3) Kilr is drunk and got pissed that I told him the bad news
4) RRRR got confused
There, we're all good now :rollside:

JetBoatRich
12-22-2005, 04:52 AM
RICH IM IN HAVI
UPDATE
as mentioned in earlier post, he called in the pursuit and then no more contact :mad:
The car is tore up!
http://a.abclocal.go.com/images/kabc/cms_exf_2005/news/local/122105_chplg.jpg

Just Tool'n
12-22-2005, 05:59 AM
The news stated the fact that he was 35 years old.
Now the sad part, leaves behind a wife & 2 kids.
My heart goes out to them.

v-drive
12-22-2005, 06:27 AM
This is bad news for us all. A few weeks ago some punk assed racers were weaving in and out of traffic when the 2 cars came around my wife. They got held up in traffic long enough for her to get their plate numbers. She then pulled over and called the sherriffs. Twice since then she has been thanked for getting involved the right way. This is becoming a big problem and the only way to end it is to start turning people in. :mad: v-drive

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-22-2005, 08:12 AM
I've wanted to do that at times, kids passing on the shoulder at 80 MPH then speeding back up to 90+ as I'm going 70-75. If they want to endanger their own life, go for it. But they have no right to endanger mine or my family's. Can one call 911 for that? Kilr? or should I have Riverside Sherriff or CHP programmed into my phone. I would not do something like that all the time, I think it resembles "big brother" but there have been a handful of times I have thought about doing it to possibly save someones life and yet did not feel it was appropriate to cal 911.
BTW, terrible tragedy for both officers and their families. :cry: God speed.

Beer-30
12-22-2005, 08:18 AM
I've wanted to do that at times, kids passing on the shoulder at 80 MPH then speeding back up to 90+ as I'm going 70-75. If they want to endanger their own life, go for it. But they have no right to endanger mine or my family's. Can one call 911 for that? Kilr? or should I have Riverside Sherriff or CHP programmed into my phone. I would not do something like that all the time, I think it resembles "big brother" but there have been a handful of times I have thought about doing it to possibly save someones life and yet did not feel it was appropriate to cal 911.
BTW, terrible tragedy for both officers and their families. :cry: God speed.
You can call 911. If a unit is nearby, dispatch can get them in position. Dispatch will tell you to discontinue following if speeds become a factor. Just advising a plate is plenty.