PDA

View Full Version : <<<>>>

Not So Fast
09-06-2007, 07:01 AM
Those young D-Backs just dont know thier place I guess. I dont care if they are doing it with mirrors or not, they are getting it done and against probably the best pitcher in the National League and his cohort the nite before.
It's coming down to who ever is hot over the next few weeks for the National League West title and I like their chances. :D NSF >>>GO CHARGERS<<<
SORRY for the dbl post, this place is jacked up, slower that Owl crap for me also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Havasu1
09-06-2007, 07:52 AM
Not sure if the Pads are going to have the pitching down the stretch. They never came up with a good replacement for Wells and CY isn't looking to good. Great bull pen, but are a starter or two short. Hell, at least they are hitting now

Ziggy
09-06-2007, 07:59 AM
23 games left or so, right? Anything can still happen. Kinda a shame when all the best teams are in the same division. NLWest will probably provide the wildcard team.

Not So Fast
09-06-2007, 08:11 AM
Not sure if the Pads are going to have the pitching down the stretch. They never came up with a good replacement for Wells and CY isn't looking to good. Great bull pen, but are a starter or two short. Hell, at least they are hitting now
I think your talking about the D-Backs arent you?:D They are so thin for that 5th spot but the old guys are hanging tough, DD is showing up every game tough, as is ole slow em down Livan. The Pad's are lucky as hell that the comebacker Peavy got from Burnsy lasy nite didnt break his leg:eek: I love this time of the season when every game means something!! Go Backs!! NSF

Not So Fast
09-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Chris Young still isn't right. Peavy threw on three days rest, which was a mistake. He had good velocity, he was just outside the strike zone and falling behind hitters all night. I still like the Padres pitching more than the DBacks right now. The DBacks didn't exactly shut them down last night. Webb has been taking a beating lately too. The Padres also have a more favorable schedule down the stretch. Regardless, I think they'll both still make the playoffs.
It was a good match up with the come backs and all, 2 of the better teams battling, great games. Wasnt Livan going on 3 day rest also ??? I realize the D-Backs are not even supposed to be there, this was a learning year for the younger players of which they have plenty but the team is showing some flashes of the talent and they dont want to go away. :D NSF

Ziggy
09-06-2007, 10:50 AM
F- Baseball...........lets get this NFL thing going tonight :D:D

yopengo
09-06-2007, 11:58 AM
F- Baseball...........lets get this NFL thing going tonight :D:D
F - MLB and NFL....lets get the NHL going....:D

Not So Fast
09-06-2007, 12:15 PM
No, Livan was normal and Peavy wanted to match up with him. I think this was a case of a young manager being overrun by this year's Cy Young winner and not thinking it through.
I know for a fact that Livan pitched his outing before this one was on 3 days rest. In the end it just doesnt matter I guess, the first one to the finish line wins and all teams have problems at this point, its a long, long grind. It will be fun to watch. Oh yeah, lets not give the Cy Young away just yet, Webby was right there till his last couple of outings which were rough (can happen to any pitcher) and the same thing can happen to Peavy, agreed?? His leg is going to be tender to say the least for the next trip out. NSF

eliminatedsprinter
09-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Crap, when I read the title and clicked I thought this was about our mens relay teams.:rolleyes: ;)

BigDogIvan
09-06-2007, 12:23 PM
Levon was on three days. If I heard right he volunteered to do the quick outing. DD was killer the other night. It's going to be rather entertaining the last few games for both the Padres and the D-Backs for sure.