PDA

View Full Version : Here They Come! Mexican Trucks

burtandnancy2
09-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Today they started letting 100 Mexican Trucking Companies start running on our Highways and Freeways. These trucks don't have to meet our pollution or safety hazards, and the drivers don't have to meet our hourly or drugs standards. I only hope they check them for drugs, hazardous materials, exposives, bombs, dirty bombs, and mostly, more illegals. I wonder if they even have insurance...

CARLSON-JET
09-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Hmm,,, I guess it's another one of those jobs Americans just won't do...:confused: This administration is not going to let up until the economy is completely in the toilet. :mad:

Jbb
09-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Today they started letting 100 Mexican Trucking Companies start running on our Highways and Freeways. These trucks don't have to meet our pollution or safety hazards, and the drivers don't have to meet our hourly or drugs standards. I only hope they check them for drugs, hazardous materials, exposives, bombs, dirty bombs, and mostly, more illegals. I wonder if they even have insurance...
un believable.....:mad:

River Lynchmob
09-06-2007, 03:59 PM
I don't know about all of you but my elected officials are not speaking for me...just a bunch of money grubbing phucktards. I'm ready to move and I mean out of hte counrty. I can't believe that in the last decade or so that our government has made me actually consider moving. Just shocking :mad:

RitcheyRch
09-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Sure hope they dont kill someone with those POS trucks.

redneckcharlie
09-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Its not a matter of if, its just a matter of when! What a bunch of xxxx'n bullxxxx! :mad: :mad:

Glamasu
09-06-2007, 04:07 PM
This is exactly whats gonna happen!!!! :mad: :mad:

Troy McClure
09-06-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm a free market kind of guy... meaning let everyone compete equally, no REQUIRED unions, etc.
However, you know the Mexican trucks/drivers are not going to even come close to matching their North American counterparts. Pretty sad Country the U.S. is turning into, I am VERY sad to admit. :mad: :mad: :mad:

RitcheyRch
09-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Agree, is most likely going to happen. I was down in Mexicali babysitting one of Boeings suppliers for about 6 months and couldnt believe the condition those trucks are in. Would see numerous trucks driving and you could see the steel belt in the tires.
Its not a matter of if, its just a matter of when! What a bunch of xxxx'n bullxxxx! :mad: :mad:
This is exactly whats gonna happen!!!! :mad: :mad:

socalmoney
09-06-2007, 04:17 PM
I don't know about all of you but my elected officials are not speaking for me...just a bunch of money grubbing phucktards.
I often think that this is the "NEW" taxation without representation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_taxation_without_representation

SummitKarl
09-06-2007, 04:34 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/pissonmexico.jpg

H2OT TIMES
09-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Yep, It sure would be a shame if they drove em up here and then nobody would sell em any fuel. What I can't believe is that I haven't heard a word out of the teamsters about it.

HM
09-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Blame Canada! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

burtandnancy2
09-06-2007, 04:58 PM
H2OT, the teamsters picketed on the Mexican border this morning...

Sleek-Jet
09-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Hmm,,, I guess it's another one of those jobs Americans just won't do...:confused: This administration is not going to let up until the economy is completely in the toilet. :mad:
Not for less than minimum wage... which these days we're told is "unAmerican" if a guy wants to make a livable wage...
Anyone got an egg timer?? How long will it take for the big freight companies to headquarter out of Mexico??

Ziggy
09-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Or extort money from em. Glad they wont't be coming here, any time soon.They're like Africanized bees, they'll get there soon enough.

Ziggy
09-06-2007, 05:01 PM
Not for less than minimum wage... which these days we're told is "unAmerican" if a guy wants to make a livable wage...
Anyone got an egg timer?? How long will it take for the big freight companies to headquarter out of Mexico??
Ding-Ding !!!!

jbtrailerjim
09-06-2007, 05:10 PM
Mark my words. I've been saying this ever since they started talking about opening the borders. Swift, JB Hunt, Schneider, Etc....The big american OTR trucking companies will be opening terminals down there in no time. Sad day for the amercan trucking industry IMO. Especially for the american owner operators.

Flyinbowtie
09-06-2007, 05:13 PM
The Mexcican trucks probably have long-haul tanks, and they'll roll big miles before they need to fuel up, which won't happen until they are back south of the border. I doubt they are running engines designed for U.S. ULSD, so they "can't" buy fuel.
This constitutes U.S. government subsidized competition working against all the owner-operators out there, who are constantly being squeezed and checked by the very same government via CHP, monitored by IFTA, DOT, etc.
They have said on the news that we are paying 700 "inspectors" to stay on top of the mechanical safety of these trucks and the skill of their drivers. "We" being you and me, folks.
Apparently, nobody is inspecting the crap coming in from China.:rolleyes:
Where is the plus for us in that? or in any of this crap? Until the across-the-border "competition" is subject to all the crap the businesses here are subject to, including environmental B.S., federal mandates, insurance reqiurements,state regulations, etc.etc. etc., then our side will never be able to compete. The deck is stacked by the weight of our bureacracy, which is slowly suffocating us.
And now this.
This whole thing stinks, and I agree wholeheartedly that our govenement representatives very rarely act in the best interests of the nation as a whole anymore.
We need change, big time change, in our government.

jbtrailerjim
09-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Here is a couple articles.
http://www.thetrucker.com/News/Stories/2007/9/6/FMCSAcancelsMexicotruckupdateDeFaziosaysAdministra tionindicatedtohimprojectwouldbeginFriday.aspx
Good to see some american truck drivers protesting this. I have yet to talk to one truck driver who supports this bullshit of opening the borders.
http://www.thetrucker.com/News/Stories/2007/9/6/TruckersatCaliforniaTexasbordersprotestMexicancarr iersonUSroads.aspx

Wavemaker
09-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Damn the NAFTA agreement that is the cause of this whole fricken mess! I say make all of the trucks & trailers with their drivers (or team of drivers) crossing borders into the U.S.A. first have to be certified to meet our Federal DOT safety standards and have valid commercial driver's license the same as U.S.A. based commercial truck drivers operating trucks on our highways must have. Also, have all of the trucks and trailers certified for meeting federal safety standards every three months. Even if all of the trucks and trailers based in the U.S.A. need to be safety certified every three months, it would result in better maintained commercial vehicles running our highways. This would also create additional jobs, helping our screwed up economy. Write to your congressmen, governors and your state representatives, NOW!

Intolerance
09-06-2007, 05:20 PM
this is bullshit :mad:

Devilman
09-06-2007, 06:10 PM
LOL, I run a truck scale, you'd be surprised how many "American" piece of shit clunkers are running around out there. Maybe its different out in you guy's neck of the woods, but around here, the trucks running up & down the highways aren't any better than what jalopys may end up rolling across our borders. People are worried about the Mexican trucks, they should get American trucks up to code first....Meeting America's federal safety standards? LOL, thats a hot one! "Standards, we don' need no stinkin standards, holmes...." :D

LhcBrad
09-06-2007, 06:11 PM
This is one of many reasons to vote for Ron Paul

burtandnancy2
09-06-2007, 06:12 PM
Sleek, you may have hit on it, lets wait and see...

repo man
09-06-2007, 06:29 PM
i all ready dealt with one today on the 405. dumb mother ****er was in the fast lane for at least 10 miles. you try that towing your boat and see what happens.

Blown 472
09-06-2007, 06:30 PM
This is one of many reasons to vote for Ron Paul
Ding, but sadly tv time will sway the masses to vote for another shit bag, only until they are out of work and on the street will they pull their heads out of their asses.

707dog
09-06-2007, 06:36 PM
got few muther-trucker buddys myself and they are hot:devil: ...what happins if they get dui"s in mexi does it apply the same way here in the us??
im sure there will be some storys of trucks getting sabotaged along the roads??

'75 Miller
09-06-2007, 07:01 PM
I'm in favor of bouncing every illegal back to mex and militarizing the border. I do not in any way want these trucks here. We have truckers of our own here in America. With that said I must point out that at least 2 of your assertions aren't accurate......They DO have to meet our safety standards, and they WILL be alcohol/drug tested. And OF COURSE they still have no business here.

cxr133
09-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Yep, It sure would be a shame if they drove em up here and then nobody would sell em any fuel. What I can't believe is that I haven't heard a word out of the teamsters about it.
i think this is the way big business and the gubment is trying to do away with unions...

bchbum
09-06-2007, 07:28 PM
I love my country , but Damn the people running it scare the hell out of me . I'm not looking forward to whats it's going to be like when my kids grow-up.

09-06-2007, 07:35 PM
i all ready dealt with one today on the 405. dumb mother ****er was in the fast lane for at least 10 miles. you try that towing your boat and see what happens.
we need to call 911 on all those trucks

scooooter7
09-06-2007, 07:47 PM
Free trade in the US has just meant dumbing down to everyone else's level. Maybe they have brought there level up a little, but it sure hasn't helped us much.

Sanger D
09-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Sorry to say, but this country has been in BIG TROUBLE for many years now and it is only going to get a whole lot worse!!!!!:eek: We NEED a revolution to get some eyebrows raised. we MUST control are borders and our imports but unfortunately we do not even own most of our ports anymore, this country has been for sale for a long time. Read your Bible if you want to know our countrys future!!!!!!!

PaPaG
09-06-2007, 08:38 PM
It is nothing but bullcrap...this country is doing some crazy shiat allowing all kinds of threats into this country. Our leaders should be ashamed of themselves....and this is coming from a super conservative right winger....

Baja Big Dog
09-07-2007, 02:53 PM
i think this is the way big business and the gubment is trying to do away with unions...
BINGO...
Some people think that 25 bucks an hour to drive a truck is too much....Thank the Teamsters for the Mexicans bringing trucks across!!!
And it amazes me how many people are shitting a brick over the Mexican trucks, they will be safer than 75% of the container jockeys coming out of the ports of LA and Long Beach, these are the real death traps!!! And share that pipe with all of us if you think these guys are either insured or licenced!!!

Blown 472
09-07-2007, 03:29 PM
got few muther-trucker buddys myself and they are hot:devil: ...what happins if they get dui"s in mexi does it apply the same way here in the us??
im sure there will be some storys of trucks getting sabotaged along the roads??
Lil water in the fuel.

Seadog
09-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Blown, you are showing your stupidity again. Bush may be for this, but it was your buddy Clinton that pushed it through. My personal thought is that I hope every state trooper is saving their entire ticket book for these trucks.

Blown 472
09-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Blown, you are showing your stupidity again. Bush may be for this, but it was your buddy Clinton that pushed it through. My personal thought is that I hope every state trooper is saving their entire ticket book for these trucks.
Oh and he couldn't have stopped it? you are the stupid one that supports that pos prez that is selling this country down the road.

Baja Big Dog
09-07-2007, 04:00 PM
The Highway Patrol sets up and inspection station near my house sometimes and very few trucks get through.
I drive the speed limit and leave space to brake. A$$hole truckers ride my bumper (when they're supposed to be going 55).
I know not all truckers are like that, but enough are that I don't see the Mexican truckers being much worse.
The good part of this is that maybe I can get my truck registered in Michoacan and I can skip the smog checks?
OK, it sucks 100%.
O.O., what smog check??? the snap idle test is a joke, any mexican truck can pass it.

H2OT TIMES
09-07-2007, 04:06 PM
H2OT, the teamsters picketed on the Mexican border this morning...
Cool ! I don't know how the are nowadays but, back in the day you could get seriously hurt or dead messing with those boys.

Tom Brown
09-07-2007, 04:09 PM
.... you could see the steel belt in the tires.
I'm sure they bring them in regularly to be re-belted and then re-capped.

donzi5150
09-07-2007, 04:10 PM
Try this link for a little border stress relief!:)
http://www.resist.com/other/border_patrol.swf

Jbb
09-07-2007, 04:43 PM
I hope they bring the rodeo with them....:D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/181roadeo.jpg

YODA
09-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Greeeeeaaaaat...... just what we need...more beans!!!!!!!!

edog_103
09-07-2007, 06:14 PM
This is nothing new. I drive truck, and deal with all the BS regulations an so on. I pull an End Dump, and the border brothers have been trying to undrerate the market for years. Weather they can bring there trucks here or get a green card and drive them for penny's on the dollar. What's the difference. Most of the Mexican trucks on the road can't pass the BIT inspection as it is, they will be red tagged at the inspection stations. Here's the real question. How much do the trucking companies value there frieght? Are they going to give there frieght to some border brother with a clapped out truck that may or not make it to the destination?

Kim Hanson
09-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Blame Canada! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
No, we don't allow migdets here.........( . )( . )...........:jawdrop:

Riverkid
09-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Try this link for a little border stress relief!:)
http://www.resist.com/other/border_patrol.swf
39 out of 88... :D

Freak
09-07-2007, 06:55 PM
The Mexi trucks are bad and the drivers are worse...The first time I was behind the wheel down there was an experience to say the least. Jokers passing over the center line with on coming traffic. That sh*t was crazy....:sqeyes:
From what I have read they are building a terminal in KS that will be the first stop for the trucks. This is going to affect the guys working in the shipping ports also. They will bypass those union guys on the docks also by unloading at ports in Mexi.
****Get corperations out of government - that is the only fix. You cannot serve the people or regulate corperations if you're in bed with them.****
Unfortunatly I know that is not going to happen anytime soon. Wait till the roads are sold off and the tolls go way up and the roads are in worse shape than now. You know the whole profit margin and all.

smoker
09-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Sorry guys. This is too funny. :D
A lot of you bitch about the Unions.
The fact of the matter is, the only ones I've seen trying to make a statement about this matter, are the Teamsters Rep's down at the border.
Has anyone from ***boat gone down and thrown up a sign against the Mexican drivers coming over the border? Not that I can tell. I may be wrong.
Am I a union guy? Yes. Am I a strong supporter of the unions? To a point.
Am I concerned about matters like this? Absolutely.
People wonder why their wages have gone down over the last few years. Try to mix a third world country with our standard of living. Unless you have your own business and are dealing with a speciality as far as a commodity goes, I feel that some of you might have forgotten what our unions have done to contribute to "our" financial well being over the years.
Have the unions gotten greedy, have they been ran by power hungry people, have mistakes been made? Of course! But the backbone of the unions are not the people who run them, but the people who are their lifeblood. They are the ones that suffer with the trucks coming over from Mexico, the low wages, etc. And in the long run? You will be too. The short term? yuk yuk. In the long term?
Read my post again in a year from now.
I'm sure you'll see reductions in your shipping cost's. Now that's funny.
I'm going to get nailed for this , no pun intended.

RaceFace
09-07-2007, 08:04 PM
The fact of the matter is, the only ones I've seen trying to make a statement about this matter, are the Teamsters Rep's down at the border.
Has anyone from ***boat gone down and thrown up a sign against the Mexican drivers coming over the border? Not that I can tell. I may be wrong.
People wonder why their wages have gone down over the last few years. Try to mix a third world country with our standard of living. Unless you have your own business and are dealing with a speciality as far as a commodity goes, I feel that some of you might have forgotten what our unions have done to contribute to "our" financial well being over the years.
Have the unions gotten greedy, have they been ran by power hungry people, have mistakes been made? Of course! But the backbone of the unions are not the people who run them, but the people who are their lifeblood. They are the ones that suffer with the trucks coming over from Mexico, the low wages, etc. And in the long run? You will be too. The short term? yuk yuk. In the long term?
Yeah Smoker, you might want to grab a beer for this one. Since the site was down for a while today, the natives are wrestless...;)

Baja Big Dog
09-07-2007, 08:25 PM
See the post you started.....

Excessive Force
09-07-2007, 08:43 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/pissonmexico.jpg
This cracks me up. Everyone talks mad shit about mexicans yet you travel to their country's exotic locations, love their food and love their beautiful, respectful women that will tend to your every need....funny as f*cking hell!!!!

talkinghead
09-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Just another case of our Govt doing exactly what they want to do without any regard to the American public.
This was done for big business no doubt.
The American people have absolutely lost any control of this Govt at all levels.
I am supporting Ron Paul as well at this point.
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

'75 Miller
09-07-2007, 08:52 PM
I am supporting Ron Paul as well at this point.
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/
Don't plan on supporting him past the primaries. Sorry.

talkinghead
09-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Don't plan on supporting him past the primaries. Sorry.
Why not? Don't think he has a realistic chance?

'75 Miller
09-07-2007, 08:57 PM
Why not? Don't think he has a realistic chance?
Not as a Republican. As an Independent surely. His anti-war views make his chances of winning the nomination as a Republican just about non-existent,imo.

MBlaster
09-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Mexicans driving trucks?
Never see that around LA:rolleyes:
So this means I'll be seeing more different mexicans driving trucks?

Wicky
09-09-2007, 12:39 PM
I bet the Mexican Drug Cartel is doing jumping jacks right now.

wedge44
09-09-2007, 12:44 PM
WOW are you wrong about the drug and other issues....but I agree about one thing...they are taking american jobs away...wouldn't be so bad if our trukers wouldn't be so demanding....just my opinion...which is like an *sshole you know the rest

RitcheyRch
09-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Thought read somewhere that the first truck came across through Loredo, Texas.

RitcheyRch
09-12-2007, 07:45 AM
I heard on the news the Senate passed a bill to yank the funding on the mexican trucker pilot program. Way to go Senate, but Bush will get the money else where. Plus the Mexican government could sanction the US for not complying with NAFTA. So we may have gotten ourselves into a bucket of worms.

Got Lime?
09-12-2007, 07:58 AM
"grubbing phucktards"
:D That's to freakin funny, I'll be calling everyone that all day now...:D

lawbreaker2
09-12-2007, 06:31 PM
I say let's park all our trucks:mad: at the border and go home for a week, the u.s. will come to a stop, and everybody will se how bad they need OUR trucks.

HemiDude
09-12-2007, 09:12 PM
That should work, almost as well as your air traffic controllers, going on strike.
Shouldn't we be concerned about Canadian Truckers as well????:D :D :D

lawbreaker2
09-13-2007, 07:06 AM
Shouldn't we be concerned about Canadian Truckers as well????:D :D :D
They at least speak english.:D

H2OT TIMES
09-13-2007, 03:24 PM
How was it done in the past?? Were goods brought to the border in Mexican trucks and then transfered to American trucks or what??? It has been stated that they have no business here, if so we have no business there, so how do you think it should work???

cxr133
10-16-2007, 10:12 AM
Authorities were working Monday to learn the identities of a number of survivors who apparently walked away from this weekend's fiery crash in an Interstate 5 truck tunnel, and, as far as officials are concerned, disappeared into thin air.
At least nine unaccounted-for drivers are presumed to have been in the tunnel at the time of the massive chain-reaction crash that temporarily severed California's primary north-south traffic artery Friday night.
Hmmm....................... illegals???

RitcheyRch
10-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Anything is possible.
Authorities were working Monday to learn the identities of a number of survivors who apparently walked away from this weekend's fiery crash in an Interstate 5 truck tunnel, and, as far as officials are concerned, disappeared into thin air.
At least nine unaccounted-for drivers are presumed to have been in the tunnel at the time of the massive chain-reaction crash that temporarily severed California's primary north-south traffic artery Friday night.
Hmmm....................... illegals???