PDA

View Full Version : ratso need's to start an advice column

jdf
09-07-2007, 03:33 PM
as i will follow it to the t he has some much info

ratso
09-07-2007, 03:42 PM
as i will follow it to the t he has some much info
It's fun spilling some of this stuff from time to time, but honestly, from what I have seen... most people will listen, but rarely take action. It's hard to overcome an emotionally charged situation and be as rational as what people with advice have to say. I hardly ever hear "I'm glad I listened to you"... It's usually along the lines of "I wish I had listened to you" lol...:D
The older you get, if you have been through enough shit in life... things just seem so much clearer. :idea:

jdf
09-07-2007, 03:45 PM
i know what you are saying ..........hey we are have a get together in oct 5 6 7 if yo want to come over

Jbb
09-07-2007, 03:48 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38749&stc=1&d=1189208917

bocco
09-07-2007, 04:00 PM
I thought this entire forum was an advice column?

Tom Brown
09-07-2007, 04:02 PM
... most people will listen, but rarely take action.
Ratso, it's not about following direction.
When I come across the words of someone truly great, I listen to or read those words extra carefully. I ponder the words, the thoughts behind them, and the implications these words bring to my life. The process is akin to sucking every last molecule of cherry filling out of a poptart.
Once I've dissected and analyzed the words and philosophy of someone I feel to be great, I do my best to internalize the lessons offered. While I may not act on the teaching directly, there is hardly a moment go by where my actions and reactions are not influenced by something I've learned from someone else.
As I get older, the people and actions I find to be great have changed. What's more, I'm increasingly less easily impressed.
These days, I find myself quite enamored with is self-honesty. Not many people know who they are or what they stand for.
Many are quick to tell us how they kick ass, achieve victory, and take the high moral ground in all situations. I believe these people are most likely self deluded and insecure, not to mention being complete jackasses.
My respect tends to be directed at wretched individuals who are self aware and strive for self improvement. These are the people I feel are most likely to succeed. These are the people who are truly great. You sir, are one of these individuals.

Jbb
09-07-2007, 04:28 PM
When I come across the words of someone truly great, I listen to or read those words extra carefully. I ponder the words, the thoughts behind them, and the implications these words bring to my life. The process is akin to sucking every last molecule of cherry filling out of a poptart.
Once I've dissected and analyzed the words and philosophy of someone I feel to be great, I do my best to internalize the lessons offered. While I may not act on the teaching directly, there is hardly a moment go by where my actions and reactions are not influenced by something I've learned from someone else.
As I get older, the people and actions I find to be great have changed. What's more, I'm increasingly less easily impressed.
These days, I find myself quite enamored with is self-honesty. Not many people know who they are or what they stand for.
Many are quick to tell us how they kick ass, achieve victory, and take the high moral ground in all situations. I believe these people are most likely self deluded and insecure, not to mention being complete jackasses.
My respect tends to be directed at wretched individuals who are self aware and strive for self improvement. These are the people I feel are most likely to succeed. These are the people who are truly great. You sir, are one of these individuals.
Now Brown is gonna go in the corner and jack off......:D

ratso
09-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Back at you Tom...;)

Wet Dream
09-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Ratso, do you think Hot Boat Magazine would be more inclined to give you a page or two following the Jet Tech article, or something toward the Readers Rides section?

ratso
09-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Ratso, do you think Hot Boat Magazine would be more inclined to give you a page or two following the Jet Tech article, or something toward the Readers Rides section?
Or Reader's Rides Rides :idea: