PDA

View Full Version : 07 superduty?

jet4fun
12-21-2005, 11:35 PM
anyone heard any info on the new 07's... heard they should be out in about 9 or 10 mos... supposedly getting a bigger motor (6.6 liter?) and complete cab redesign (not just a grille, headlights and bumper). even heard a rumor about twin turbo... all rumors and lies, or what?
just wondering, trying to plan ahead i guess.
thanks, robert

victorfb
12-21-2005, 11:45 PM
saw the new F550s and they come with a coil front end. i prefer the leaf springs, but ford has been using the coils quite a bit with good success. didnt get to see the engine sorry. just heard the same rumors. though i think the twin turbo was only on the deisel in case you didnt know.

Just Tool'n
12-22-2005, 05:46 AM
I heard new motor for 07, twin turbo cat.
If sales are lagging, you might see buy summer is my guess.

shadow
12-22-2005, 05:50 AM
Doing away with the 6.0 diesel and next is going to be a 6.4 diesel.
There has been nothing but problems with the 6.0

Big Kahunaa
12-22-2005, 06:51 AM
I have a buddy that drives for ford and he has driven the twin turbo truck so they are comming mabey

Nubbs
12-22-2005, 07:40 AM
I ain't gonna argue with you and say there aren't any issues with the 6.0, but, my issues have been corrected and I love mine. I'm not sure if this fits the topic of the thread or not, I just felt like saying it.
Nubbs

cc322
12-22-2005, 08:08 AM
Here is the real deal from the horse's mouth
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK yes it is a 6.4 L (Navistar) engine yes it is also twin turbo (Borgwaner Turbo) one high pressure and one low pressure turbo. This way they do not need the variable vane model turbos less to go wrong. Most likely it will be (Late 07 because they are having to work out bugs and it has taken allot longer then planned. Thats the scoop and trust me I know because we built all of the tooling for the new turbos.

jet4fun
12-22-2005, 11:50 PM
saw the new F550s and they come with a coil front end. i prefer the leaf springs, but ford has been using the coils quite a bit with good success. didnt get to see the engine sorry. just heard the same rumors. though i think the twin turbo was only on the deisel in case you didnt know.
i am talking about the diesel, and i am aware that ford is now using coil springs on the superduty's... i am asking about the 2007 f-250 and 350 that hasnt come out yet

jet4fun
12-22-2005, 11:52 PM
Here is the real deal from the horse's mouth
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK yes it is a 6.4 L (Navistar) engine yes it is also twin turbo (Borgwaner Turbo) one high pressure and one low pressure turbo. This way they do not need the variable vane model turbos less to go wrong. Most likely it will be (Late 07 because they are having to work out bugs and it has taken allot longer then planned. Thats the scoop and trust me I know because we built all of the tooling for the new turbos.
sounds sweeet, i was hoping to not have to wait that long, but i dont want to deal with any problems, so maybe thats a good thing.

02HoWaRd26
12-23-2005, 08:45 AM
Fricken
Oakies
Really
Digem

cc322
12-23-2005, 09:40 AM
Fricken
Oakies
Really
Digem
On the other hand real men DONT wear bow ties :argue: :rollside:

soupersonic
12-23-2005, 11:05 AM
Yea , according to some folks on the diesel forums the Chevy will have +- 340 HP and 640 ' lbs of Torque D MAx, The Ford is supposed to 6.4 L twin turbo job , no reports of estimated HP and Torque and the big bad Cummins in the dodges will be bumped from a 5.9L to a 6.7 L and reports are 375 HP and 675 ' lbs of Torque. I think ford is waiting to see what everyone else does so they can try to up them HP and Torque wise.

02HoWaRd26
12-23-2005, 11:43 AM
Do you know if the cummins is still going to be an inline 6er if so those torque # will be put down to the ground nicly they already are the nicest to drive around town

02HoWaRd26
12-23-2005, 11:54 AM
On the other hand real men DONT wear bow ties :argue: :rollside:
Nice, :crossx: but still the only thing ford ever did right was circle there mistakeshttp://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/12148logobacklight1.jpg

cc322
12-23-2005, 12:09 PM
Nice, :crossx: but still the only thing ford ever did right was circle there mistakeshttp://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/12148logobacklight1.jpg
Ok you asked for it Chevy ..Chevy.. made of tin drive em out push em in :yuk: :boxed: :)

Rubths
12-24-2005, 07:32 AM
As of last week I was waiting until the 07 Superduty came out to pull the trigger but they keep pushing out the date and my dealer tells me its most likely because of engine issues. I decided this week I did not want to wait nor do I want to be a ginny pig on the first year so we ordered a new 06 F-350 that should be delivered the first week of Feb.

cc322
12-24-2005, 08:31 AM
As of last week I was waiting until the 07 Superduty came out to pull the trigger but they keep pushing out the date and my dealer tells me its most likely because of engine issues. I decided this week I did not want to wait nor do I want to be a ginny pig on the first year so we ordered a new 06 F-350 that should be delivered the first week of Feb.
Congrats on the new truck, did you get the diesel or V10?

Rubths
12-24-2005, 12:06 PM
Congrats on the new truck, did you get the diesel or V10?
We ordered another Diesel.

cc322
12-24-2005, 01:04 PM
We ordered another Diesel.
very nice they are awsome motors.

soupersonic
12-24-2005, 08:39 PM
Do you know if the cummins is still going to be an inline 6er if so those torque # will be put down to the ground nicly they already are the nicest to drive around town
Yes , still Inline 6 . The 6.7 Litre ( i beleive ) comes from the agricultural tractor division of cummins.Those numbers were estimates based on educated guess of some in the know peeps on the TDR.

soupersonic
12-24-2005, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc322
On the other hand real men DONT wear bow ties
Originally Posted by 02HoWaRd26
Nice, but still the only thing ford ever did right was circle there mistakes
To each his own. But it sure is funny watching the fords and chevys struggle up the hills hauling less weight than me :p

cc322
12-25-2005, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc322
On the other hand real men DONT wear bow ties
Originally Posted by 02HoWaRd26
Nice, but still the only thing ford ever did right was circle there mistakes
To each his own. But it sure is funny watching the fords and chevys struggle up the hills hauling less weight than me :p
Brother you need a reality check :rollside:

soupersonic
12-25-2005, 07:41 AM
everyone knows cummins is king :argue:

HammerDown
12-25-2005, 09:41 AM
I heard new motor for 07, twin turbo cat...
"Cat"...(I could only wish) but nope, that ain't gonna happen...anytime soon!
The best thing Ford could do for 07 but they won't/can't is, put the Cummins in their trucks...but that ain't gonna happen either.
However the older 80's and earler 90's International 7.3's were and still are great simple Diesels, the bitch just keeps running. Luckily I still have one ;)

Big Kahunaa
12-25-2005, 04:18 PM
he just can't find a honda to pull his boat

pleasantcat
12-25-2005, 06:47 PM
well, i work for dodge but am smart enough to drive a ford. i just hate the sheet metal on the dodge and the crappy car suspension of the chevy. the cummins is a better engine but,"knock on wood" my 6.0 runs perfect! im standard issue 8" lift and 37" tire setup and it pulls my 31 a.o. with no issues. hell i can even accelerate up the steep grades to pass the slower vehicles. the main thing is my ford pulls and STOPS my boat safely.it will only get better when i swap out the diffs to 410 r/p ratio's.oh and henry ford is the one who started this whole car game not the dodge bro's or the gm crew.

02HoWaRd26
12-26-2005, 09:42 AM
he just can't find a honda to pull his boat
Oh yeah Ford boy how many frods do you own ya ok now how many of them run exactly and you and your dad own a shop, pull off my chevy-vs_your ford dually tonight sunset your street

Big Kahunaa
12-26-2005, 11:11 AM
Oh yeah Ford boy how many frods do you own ya ok now how many of them run exactly and you and your dad own a shop, pull off my chevy-vs_your ford dually tonight sunset your street
you'll be pissed when i pull the back half of that chevy off and my ford's are not together because i am lazey not becaus they won't run

Squirtin Thunder
12-26-2005, 11:18 AM
I am in, lets hook them up !!!
The question is should I use the old Ford 2wd or the Dually with 478K on it ???

02HoWaRd26
12-27-2005, 08:36 AM
everyone knows cummin is great :argue:
but who said that will get you far :220v:

slingingsmoke
12-27-2005, 10:37 AM
there will not be a Cummins motor in the Ford Superduty for many years to come... Dodge still has the contract w/ Cummins until 2012. And Ford is locked in with Navistar/International. The 6.0 motor is an awesome workhorse, its the darn electrical (computer, wiring harnesses and sensors) that Ford designed is the problem. However, most of the issues have been resolved. Mine were. anyway....the new motor is going to be a 6.4 liter V-8. however its not a "twin-turbo"....read carefully!!!!
a twin turbo setup is when there is one turbo for each bank of cylinders. meaning one turbo for 4 cylinders and another for the other 4. The turbos on a twin setup are mounted separately on opposite sides of the motor....
the "DUAL-TURBO" set up is what Ford will be using on the new 6.4's. They are designed to be in-line. One smaller turbo will spool up first and being that it is smaller, will spool up faster and load the larger turbo (which takes longer to spool up) for faster accelleration, much less lag, and hopefully provide a better air/fuel mixture which will aid in the HP dept. as well as mileage (hopefully). All this and getting rid of the VVT (variable vein turbo).
Back to the 6.0 vs. the 6.4
It most likely be the same block, yet bored a bit and/or given a longer stroke, However, I believe that it will be only bored, due to the fact that the 6.0 was designed to operate at higher RPM's, if it will get stroked, most likely the powerband will be at a lower RPM.
whewwww.

riverroyal
12-27-2005, 11:15 AM
Doing away with the 6.0 diesel and next is going to be a 6.4 diesel.
heats up while towing,,new banks 4 inch with 3.5 down pipe,made no difference at all,,,oh well,its under warranty :rolleyes:

Woodster
12-27-2005, 12:15 PM
heats up while towing,,new banks 4 inch with 3.5 down pipe,made no difference at all,,,oh well,its under warranty :rolleyes:
Hey Royal I finally got mine fixed. They changed out the instrument cluster and no more heating up so far..I guess the big test will be on thurs when im heading out to the dez. The tech told me that the truck never overheated. just the gauge cluster was over sensitive. Hopefully it does the trick :220v:

riverroyal
12-27-2005, 12:18 PM
Hey Royal I finally got mine fixed. They changed out the instrument cluster and no more heating up so far..I guess the big test will be on thurs when im heading out to the dez. The tech told me that the truck never overheated. just the gauge cluster was over sensitive. Hopefully it does the trick :220v:
thats why they told me dont worry about it,let me know if it does it again.What dez are you going to?

Reaper1
12-27-2005, 12:37 PM
there will not be a Cummins motor in the Ford Superduty for many years to come... Dodge still has the contract w/ Cummins until 2012. And Ford is locked in with Navistar/International. The 6.0 motor is an awesome workhorse, its the darn electrical (computer, wiring harnesses and sensors) that Ford designed is the problem. However, most of the issues have been resolved. Mine were. anyway....the new motor is going to be a 6.4 liter V-8. however its not a "twin-turbo"....read carefully!!!!
a twin turbo setup is when there is one turbo for each bank of cylinders. meaning one turbo for 4 cylinders and another for the other 4. The turbos on a twin setup are mounted separately on opposite sides of the motor....
the "DUAL-TURBO" set up is what Ford will be using on the new 6.4's. They are designed to be in-line. One smaller turbo will spool up first and being that it is smaller, will spool up faster and load the larger turbo (which takes longer to spool up) for faster accelleration, much less lag, and hopefully provide a better air/fuel mixture which will aid in the HP dept. as well as mileage (hopefully). All this and getting rid of the VVT (variable vein turbo).
Back to the 6.0 vs. the 6.4
It most likely be the same block, yet bored a bit and/or given a longer stroke, However, I believe that it will be only bored, due to the fact that the 6.0 was designed to operate at higher RPM's, if it will get stroked, most likely the powerband will be at a lower RPM.
whewwww.
Great Info. !
I have a 2006 6.0 with no problems so far. It has 10,000 miles on it and I have only towed my boat once. In my opinion this truck runs like a monkey with his nuts on fire. :)

Woodster
12-27-2005, 12:39 PM
thats why they told me dont worry about it,let me know if it does it again.What dez are you going to?
Where heading out to Gordons..My trailer weighs like 14k loaded so it should be a pretty good test :) Are u heading out??

riverroyal
12-27-2005, 12:53 PM
Where heading out to Gordons..My trailer weighs like 14k loaded so it should be a pretty good test :) Are u heading out??
not sure yet,maybe gordons,,,my trailers about 15k loaded,never went below 45mph going or coming home.You will be fine.Gordons maybe be just a bit crowded...Magic34 has a spot for us if we go there.Our glamis crowd bailed out,they dont like the crowds.So now we are tossing around some ideas.I havent been to gordons in 15 years

Woodster
12-28-2005, 01:45 PM
not sure yet,maybe gordons,,,my trailers about 15k loaded,never went below 45mph going or coming home.You will be fine.Gordons maybe be just a bit crowded...Magic34 has a spot for us if we go there.Our glamis crowd bailed out,they dont like the crowds.So now we are tossing around some ideas.I havent been to gordons in 15 years
Let me know if u head out..We'll be out in the flats somewhere. I hear its already packed :220v:

riverroyal
12-28-2005, 05:45 PM
Let me know if u head out..We'll be out in the flats somewhere. I hear its already packed :220v:
I drove by,it was stupid

Woodster
12-28-2005, 11:49 PM
I drove by,it was stupid
Halloween was really bad..Thanksgiving was ok. Not so bad. I have some buddies out there right now and I guess its getting pretty packed already. Im leaving in the morning. Wish me luck :)

essexjet
01-07-2006, 06:54 PM
Spy shot of the new 07 duty
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/media/il/features/future/07.ford.everest.ford.super.duty.pickup/07.ford.superduty.f34.340.jpg
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=107594

essexjet
01-07-2006, 06:57 PM
Picture of the new Everest that replaced the Excursion.
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/media/il/features/future/07.ford.everest.ford.super.duty.pickup/07.ford.everest.f34.500.jpg
Attn all Chey owners, yes I did see its being towed :rollside: