PDA

View Full Version : Tahoe Boats...

SHIFTY
02-24-2006, 02:12 PM
GOOD, BAD, INDIFFERENT?
MY UNCLE IS LOOKING FOR A CRUISER, THAT HE CAN PACK 6-8 PEOPLE ON AND SKI, TUBE, etc. NOT LOOKING FOR A FAST BOAT, JUST A COMFORTABLE "TURN KEY" HAVE FUN TYPE OF RIDE. MOSTLY LAKES, SOME RIVER, MAYBE A TRIP TO MISSION BAY (OCEAN) ONCE A YEAR.
234 DECK
http://media.trackermarinegroup.com/tahoe/images/234R3D0505_PB_06_500.jpg

Outnumbered
02-24-2006, 02:41 PM
Found this on Google:
http://www.adaptiveaccess.com/tahoe_boat.htm

Outnumbered
02-24-2006, 02:42 PM
Bass Pro Shops - Outdoor World
Tahoe Boats - Tracker Marine
I purchased a new 2005 Tahoe 195 I/O Deck Boat by Tracker Marine from Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World 7/8/05. To say the least, I'm so disappointed!
My sad story and review of the 2005 Tahoe 195 I/O Deck Boat:
I'm posting the details of my experience with Bass Pro Shops and Outdoor World in the hopes of getting them to Please Fix my Tahoe boat and also as a warning to other people doing business with them.
I was enthused at first. The Tahoe 195 Deck Boat I bought from Bass Pro Shops is a beautiful and versatile boat. It's a combination ski boat, fishing boat and family party boat. The layout is great with plenty of coolers, storage, ladders, fishing platforms with removable fishing seats, live well and much more. See it.
I searched all of Houston for a new boat. My final choice was between VIP and Tahoe. While visiting the VIP dealership, I mentioned Tahoe boats and the salesman told me he sold Tahoe boats for 6 years and I should check out the JD Powers report on Tahoe. I should have listened but figured it was just a sales pitch. I made the big mistake of buying a Tahoe boat!
I took my brand new Tahoe boat out to Lake Somerville Texas, an hour away. The boat ran and handled well but when I tried to shut it down the MerCruiser 4.3L 190 HP V-6 engine would diesel and keep running! I hoped that could be fixed with a minor adjustment?
I ran my new Tahoe boat for about 4 hours and noticed all the stainless steel screws falling out! The stainless hardware and accessories, walk through and storage doors were about to fall off! Apparently they used a power driver when assembling the boat and stripped the fiberglass. Oh no!
I brought the boat home and found the trailer bunk board lag bolts were falling out too! Looks like they over torque the lag bolts and stripped the wood. Oh gee!
I brought my new Tahoe 195 deckboat back to Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World for repair.
Two weeks went by and not hearing anything from Bass Pro Outdoor World, I drove to their Katy Mills store. The service department was out to lunch. My new boat (temporary paper tags still on the trailer) was outside in their fenced lock up. If I sold someone a brand new boat and they brought it back for minor repairs, I sure would fix it before I went to lunch! That hasn't been the Outdoor World attitude with me. It's been sitting outside for 2 weeks and hasn't even been looked at! That's not customer service? Anyway, the service department finally returned and I was told they'd "get right on it".
Another week, I called and was told "we were about to call you, your boat's ready". Oh great!
Well, not really. Although they had my boat for 3 weeks they didn't do much to repair it. I had asked that they check all the screws and replace the screws that had fallen out. Inspecting the boat, I found one of the seat brackets hanging on by one loose screw. I had taken the seat cushions out so they could see it plain as day. I pointed it out to the mechanic, he attempted to fix it but said he couldn't. The boat would have to go to the fiberglass repair shop. They have no idea how long it will take!
On further inspection I found damage to the outside of my brand new Tahoe boat! When repairing the trailer bunk boards they pulled the boat off the trailer. There's scrapes and scratches from the straps they used. I pointed this out to both the mechanic and manager but just got a grunting noise from them. I called the business manager and got the same sounds. I wonder if they plan on fixing it?
I'm an easy going person, not one to complain. But, I ended up paying over $26,000.00 for this boat and trailer. All I have are the payments! Well... summer is almost over. I don't have a boat although my second payment is due soon. BooHoo!
I'm very disappointed with Bass Pro Shops, the Tahoe boat and Outdoor World. You might think about my experience before you buy a Tahoe boat from Tracker Marine - Bass Pro Outdoor World. Other's have had problems with Tracker Marine. Take a look: consumeraffairs.
8-27-05
Another week has passed. That's 4 weeks - still no boat. My new boat is outside in their lock up, exposed to this extreme weather we're having. I cleaned out my garage so I could protect my new Tahoe boat. Looks like I wasted my time. Now I'm concerned about the old gas. When it gums up the carburetor, will I have to pay to have it rebuilt? I don't think that's covered in the warranty. It would certainly be unwise for me to deal with Tracker Marine. Is this customer care or what!
Today I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against Bass Pro Shops and Outdoor World. This is a real bummer!
Please realize that this is not a used Tahoe boat but a brand new boat I bought from Bass Pro Shops. I can understand if I had a used Tahoe boat I just decided to have fixed. Under these circumstances, you'd think they would fix it in a reasonable amount of time!
Real Disappointed... Bill Lusby / Katy, Texas / 281-855-3833
9-01-05
Received a call today, "my boat is ready"! They fixed the seat bracket, looks good. They didn't repair the scratches made by their straps when they picked the boat up off the trailer. They denied doing it. I give up! I want my boat for Labor Day weekend.
9-06-05
Back from Lake Somerville. We had a great time, camping and boating for 3 days. My new 195 Tahoe Deck Boat ran great. Plenty of compliments, she sure is a beauty! After completing the 20 hour break in period I was able to find out what this Tahoe deck boat can do. The MerCruiser 4.3L 190 HP V-6 engine has plenty of power for this boat with an easy top speed of 45 mph. That's about as fast as I want to go on the water. Dry ride. Pulled a tube with ease.
I did have some problems. The stainless screws are vibrating loose again. The transom door latch and one of the seat brackets fell apart. The challenge is when you find these parts rolling around in the boat, where do they go? Gee, Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World was supposed to fix that! What did they do for 6 weeks? And... I almost lost the cowling (engine cover) twice. The flimsy little rubber cowl latch failed. On the freeway, I could see in my mirror, the wind picked up the cowling and would have blown the cover completely off if it hadn't been for the Bimini top was folded down. I pulled over and tied the cover down with a rope. Same thing happened on the water. Why such a cheap latch? Until I can replace it, a rope holding the cowling down will be part of my new boat.
The Better Business Bureau has contacted Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World. We're waiting their response. Why make a customer go through all this? Why not "just fix my boat"?
10-28-05
Still going through the complaint process with the BBB. Instead of fixing my boat Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World is dragging this out with a series of writing letters and responding through the BBB. Who knew that buying a Tahoe boat would be the biggest mistake I've ever made?
11-01-05
Received a letter today from the BBB. Bass Pro Shops response was that they have been unable to contact me. What? They have both my home and business phone numbers. They had no problem calling when they sold me the Tahoe boat! Just a bunch of excuses! I'll contact them again. Maybe they're ready to fix my boat after nearly 4 months?
11-04-05
Met with the service manager and he has agreed to fix my boat. Even offered to winterize my boat for free!
«TOP»
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashover
03-01-2006, 09:25 AM
Dad bought the Rinker Deck Boat about 2 or 3 years ago. He uses it on Lake Cour d'Lane. I don't think the make the Siesta any more but a used one can be had for around 25-30k.
Forensic
the Rinker is a great boat for the money. Give it a good look. :crossx: :crossx: