PDA

View Full Version : Botched Wal-Mart Return Leads To SWAT Standoff

RitcheyRch
09-09-2007, 01:37 PM
If all else fails, resort to shooting the gun.
http://www.knbc.com/news/14077209/detail.html?dl=headlineclick
An all-night SWAT standoff at a Santee mobile home subdivision led to the arrest of a 52-year-old man, who reportedly became enraged after he became upset with Wal-Mart's return policy.
Deputies said the long night began when a man went to a Lakeside Wal-Mart to exchange ammunition at about 8 p.m Saturday. When employees refused his request, he became irate and threatened the employees, promising to return to kill them all, deputies said.
The man left to try his luck at the Santee Wal-Mart. But those employees also reportedly refused his request to exchange ammunition, deputies said.
This time the man didn't leave. He walked into the parking lot, loaded a gun and fired shots into the air before driving away, witnesses told deputies.
No one was injured, and witnesses were able to write down his license plate number. The sheriff's department tracked him down to the 10000 block of Prospect Avenue in Santee, where he lives at the Town & Country Mobile Home Lodge, deputies said.
SWAT and the San Diego Sheriff's Department surrounded the man's mobile home at about midnight, said deputies.
They tried tear gas among other techniques before finally taking the man into custody around 7:50 a.m., said Lt. Dave Myers with the San Diego Sheriff's Department.
Authorities would not release his name, and do not believe anyone was in the home with the man.

Wet Dream
09-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Shoot the gun. Yeah, that'll learn 'em sumfin. :D Take that Wal Mart

DeltaSigBoater
09-09-2007, 01:45 PM
I've bought ammo once or twice at that Wal-Mart.

RitcheyRch
09-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Thankfully you didnt try to return it. :D
I've bought ammo once or twice at that Wal-Mart.

Screemy1
09-09-2007, 01:53 PM
makes me think about when my old neighbor was held up in his house for over 8 hours.... he supposibly pulled a gun on the neighbor on the otherside while he was drunk..... when he was not coming out I told the swat that he was probably passed out drunk and that is why he was not coming out..... they wouldn't listen and made the big production..... the gas didn't work, nothing worked, finally he came outside to go to my house like he always did to talk when he was shiit faced..... they cops shot him with bean bags because he was hesitant to all the comotion..... in the end, he never did pull a gun on the other neighbor.... the other neighbor was just pissed because he could borrow some cash....... and figured he could screw him over since he was so drunk..... they both got jail time out of it.....

DeltaSigBoater
09-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Thankfully you didnt try to return it. :D
Come to think of it, I've never returned anything that I purchased from Wal-Mart.
Didn't the guy see the sign behind the counter that reads "All Firearms & Ammunition Sales are Final!"?

Wet Dream
09-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Come to think of it, I've never returned anything that I purchased from Wal-Mart.
Didn't the guy see the sign behind the counter that reads "All Firearms & Ammunition Sales are Final!"?
Of course not! This is the same guy that shot rounds into the sky, how could he possibly understand a simple sign. :D

RitcheyRch
09-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Maybe it wasnt in Spanish.

572Daytona
09-09-2007, 05:56 PM
How come you never see alcohol or drugs were probably a factor on these type of stories (which I'm sure they were) but you always see it when there's a boating related incident.

pw_Tony
09-09-2007, 06:21 PM
That's Clan-tee for yah!

photo chick
09-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Was this guy involved? :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38803&stc=1&d=1189392279