PDA

View Full Version : parker??

milkmoney
09-10-2007, 04:56 PM
i am invited to parker this weekend ..would like some info on the conditions down there never been before how safe is running your boat for the first timer or should i stay away and the place i would be staying is emerald cove thanks for any help or input...

Havasu Carrera
09-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Wherever you go just do it when its not crowded. Launch ramp etiquate??? Or better yet go to Site 6 about 7 pm on sat night. (ok is this your first time out with the boat or first time out ....? Have fun BE CAREFULL leave LOTS of room for Error!! Please Pay your insurance in full with large ded?!?!?! Ok kill me.:) Think about the buddy system..:)

milkmoney
09-10-2007, 05:04 PM
Wherever you go just do it when its not crowded. Launch ramp etiquate??? Or better yet go to Site 6 about 7 pm on sat night. (ok is this your first time out with the boat or first time out ....? Have fun BE CAREFULL leave LOTS of room for Error!! Please Pay your insurance in full with large ded?!?!?! Ok kill me.:) Think about the buddy system..:)
first time to the area and i have read enough about site 6 so i will be watching not participating.

Trailer Park Casanova
09-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Emerald Cove has an excellent launchramp, with rarely a problem nor crowded conditions.
You should be fine.
On Saturdays, Parker waters have alway been rough, even before PWC's and WB boats. Nothings changed.
You'll find excellent running.

Schiada76
09-10-2007, 05:08 PM
Site six is at the lake.:rolleyes:
There are a couple of sand/rock bars to watch for up river from Emerald your friends should be aware of already. Saturday will have it's regular traffic starting at about ten when everyone shakes off heir hangovers then thin out at about four.

milkmoney
09-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Emerald Cove has an excellent launchramp, with rarely a problem nor crowded conditions.
You should be fine.
On Saturdays, Parker waters have alway been rough, even before PWC's and WB boats. Nothings changed.
You'll find excellent running.
is water as rough as lake mead or not?? no shallow water things appearing in the middle out of no where???

2Driver
09-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Been going since 1985 and have owned on the river as well as you can see in my avatar.
It's great, but it can be real tight quarters if you are not used to it. For a 100yard wide strip of water there are fast boats, big boats, pontoons, jet skis, people floating in the current on rafts and boats etc etc. If you are running an out-drive watch others until you get a feel for the river or better yet have the people you are with (assuming they know the river) show you the way as there are several tricky spots. Water is usually down in the morning and starts to rise about 10am but is usable all day for the most part.
Try the Roadrunner dockside bar and Foxes. The Roadrunner is fun for breakfast too. I think most of the bigger parks have both security patrols and some petty crime so just use common sense like anywhere else.
Have fun

2Driver
09-10-2007, 05:17 PM
is water as rough as lake mead or not?? no shallow water things appearing in the middle out of no where???
Yes, lots of "shallow water things". You can't just run it bank to bank most stuff is not marked.
Rough as Mead? No way, just rough for the narrow river. For some reason the wakes seem harder on the river.

milkmoney
09-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Been going since 1985 and have owned on the river as well as you can see in my avatar.
It's great, but it can be real tight quarters if you are not used to it. For a 100yard wide strip of water there are fast boats, big boats, pontoons, jet skis, people floating in the current on rafts and boats etc etc. If you are running an out-drive watch others until you get a feel for the river or better yet have the people you are with (assuming they know the river) show you the way as there are several tricky spots. Water is usually down in the morning and starts to rise about 10am but is usable all day for the most part.
Try the Roadrunner dockside bar and Foxes. The Roadrunner is fun for breakfast too. I think most of the bigger parks have both security patrols and some petty crime so just use common sense like anywhere else.
Have fun
thank you for the info ..............:)

OCMerrill
09-10-2007, 05:30 PM
If you're driving, take it real easy at first. They drive fast and close out their, kind of like water Nascar. :D
LMAO
Very true.
And it's closed dammit.....:D