PDA

View Full Version : helicopter crash,boat

adam@wired
09-11-2007, 12:48 PM
any news on crash in florida with boat and helicopter,durring the power boat shoot out
:(

27 Awesome cat
09-11-2007, 12:50 PM
SARASOTA (FLORIDA): A helicopter carrying three people, shooting video for a boating magazine, crashed in the Gulf of Mexico near Sarasota on Tuesday, killing two of the people aboard.
The helicopter went down in about 20 feet (6 meters) of water around 10 am, said Sarasota County Fire Department Assistant Chief Paul Dezzi.
Several boats that rushed to the crash site were able to pull the men from the water. One was pronounced dead on shore, Dezzi said. Two others were taken to hospitals, where one later died, the sheriff's office reported. The condition of the third was not immediately released.
The cause of the crash was under investigation. Dezzi said preliminary accounts indicated the helicopter hit a boat that it was filming for Powerboat magazine. Two people were on the boat and escaped without injuries, he said.
A spokesman for Powerboat magazine, which covers the high-performance boat industry, did not immediately return a phone message Tuesday.

adam@wired
09-11-2007, 01:39 PM
SARASOTA (FLORIDA): A helicopter carrying three people, shooting video for a boating magazine, crashed in the Gulf of Mexico near Sarasota on Tuesday, killing two of the people aboard.
The helicopter went down in about 20 feet (6 meters) of water around 10 am, said Sarasota County Fire Department Assistant Chief Paul Dezzi.
Several boats that rushed to the crash site were able to pull the men from the water. One was pronounced dead on shore, Dezzi said. Two others were taken to hospitals, where one later died, the sheriff's office reported. The condition of the third was not immediately released.
The cause of the crash was under investigation. Dezzi said preliminary accounts indicated the helicopter hit a boat that it was filming for Powerboat magazine. Two people were on the boat and escaped without injuries, he said.
A spokesman for Powerboat magazine, which covers the high-performance boat industry, did not immediately return a phone message Tuesday.
google my fox tampa,push play:jawdrop: ,looks like bob tige

ravencrew
09-11-2007, 01:45 PM
I posted a link to the thread where I think these guys are based.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163708
Look for the offshore thread or speedwakes, I think there home forum was offshore.

C-2
09-11-2007, 02:02 PM
I posted a link to the thread where I think these guys are based.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163708
Look for the offshore thread or speedwakes, I think there home forum was offshore.
The Powerboat family is local to SoCal and well-known to many of us.
My heart goes out to each of them, they are an outstanding group, and I can’t imagine the loss they feel right now.:(
There have been several threads posted already – let’s keep it on track.

MudPumper
09-11-2007, 04:20 PM
:idea: