PDA

View Full Version : Hot Boaters help needed

FOURQ
09-11-2007, 08:21 PM
My wife works for United Way in here in Lake Havasu and they are throwing their annual kick off fundraiser. I was asked to get some sort of a car show going. after thinking about this I figured I would do something different and do off-road / utility vehicles. I know there are a lot of you that have some tricked out Rhinos and off-road cars and never get a chance to show them so I was hoping I could get you guys to bring your stuff out to help a worthy cause. Here is the poster
http://www.justjetboats.com/Wanted%20poster%20small.gif
download and print flyer to mail in
here (http://www.justjetboats.com/Wanted%20poster.pdf)

INSman
09-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Sounds like a good cause, hopefully HB peeps will get behind this. I have a nice rhino I can bring down :D

FOURQ
09-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Sounds like a good cause, hopefully HB peeps will get behind this. I have a nice rhino I can bring down :D
yes IMO its a great cause! It helps the under privileged kids in the community get what they need to get an education from clothes the getting to/from school.
there is a big Carnival with lots to dofor the kids during the show then after that there is a big dinner and party being catered by Shagrues. dinner is $100 donation per person and the Carnival is free even a chance to win one of 4 Diamonds for a $1.00 lots of stuff going on its going to be a fun day for kids and adults.
sign up and bring your tricked out rides for everyone to see. with the winner being decided by the attendees.

FOURQ
09-12-2007, 08:15 AM
no one wants to do this????

Her454
09-12-2007, 08:41 AM
Seems there would be more interest in this. I worked for Hewlett Packard for years, and we were very involved in United Way. Worthy cause for sure.
Would be a good place to hand out more flyers for the boat everyone is searching for also. :(

Jordy
09-12-2007, 08:43 AM
I have a nice rhino I can bring down :D
no one wants to do this????
Blaine does. Not very nice to call him a no one. :idea:
I've seen the big Jeep and Rhino rides. Seems as though there are lots of people who would be able to attend. Give it some time. ;)

Quest4Fun
09-12-2007, 08:48 AM
I don't have a "Big Kid Toy" to bring for this event, but we will most likely go for the Carnival and Dinner again. The United Way is a great organization here in Havasu.

Big Kahunaa
09-12-2007, 09:29 AM
if im in town that weekend i can bring the 41 ford up

FOURQ
09-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys..
Jordy:
I was trying to get the troops all riled up and it looks like it worked :)
Her454 :
yes it is a very worth while cause I didn't understand till I got recruited to help out when she started working there and I learned its not a BS organization it really does what it says it is going to. Lots of people out there need help right now and United Way provides the funding to the other organizations the provide the help.
Quest4Fun:
Please contact Lyn at 928-855-6333 for more details and ticket sales . please let her know your from HB
Big Kahunaa:
please let me know asap

FOURQ
09-13-2007, 02:05 PM
Thanks to all that have responded. we still need more:D

FOURQ
09-26-2007, 07:50 AM
:) :)

Big Kahunaa
09-26-2007, 10:06 AM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f117/AzRiverChic/cars/5224688-R1-041-19.jpg
i think i'll be able to make it

Big Warlock
09-26-2007, 10:11 AM
This could get ugly, but I have to say it.
United Way is the single worst charity on the planet. They actually do very little to nothing. They become a middle man for other charities, skimming off money.
Years ago, their president was busted and thrown out. He had a G-IV aircraft, penthouse apt in Manhattan and a 120 foot yacht. He was wining and dining the NFL boys to include drugs and hookers. It was a big deal for many years. The last president that I knew of made $3 million per year and lost the yacht. I understand they have cleaned up their act, but the fact remains that they are a marketing program to collect money and then give to other charities. Problem is they keep about 70 some percent of the money rounded up. :mad:
If you want to do some good. Go directly to your cause. Do some research. I am sure there are plenty of people on here that can steer you in the right direction. :)
Another BAd one: Red Cross. :devil:
A Good one: Salvation Army!!! :D

Magic34
09-26-2007, 10:14 AM
I will have my Rhino with me that weekend.
Here is the problem. The Absolute Poker Run is that day as well. I know that a lot of us will be on the water and not getting off the water until about 5 PM.
Move your show from 6 PM - 9 PM and I think your response would be greater.
I would bring my Rhino to the show, but wont come off the water at 1 PM to do so.

Big Warlock
09-26-2007, 10:15 AM
Oh, I forgot.......Flame away!!! :D
And if someone could do a little research, that would be cool. I'll try to do some myself.

Big Warlock
09-26-2007, 10:19 AM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/charities.asp

ULTRA26 # 1
09-26-2007, 10:27 AM
Oh, I forgot.......Flame away!!! :D
And if someone could do a little research, that would be cool. I'll try to do some myself.
Rob,
This thread isn't about the quality of the Charity or anything even remotely close. A HB member asked for help for what he believes is worthy cause. You course you have the right to your opinion as does every one else. If FOURQ had asked for opinions your response would have been appropriate.
Another thought. Are you suggesting that people not get behind this cause?

Big Warlock
09-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Rob,
This thread isn't about the quality of the Charity or anything even remotely close. A HB member asked for help for what he believes is worthy cause. Of you course you have the right to your opinion as does every one else. If FOURQ had asked for opinions your response would have been appropriate.
Another thought. Are you suggesting that people not get behind this cause?
That's not fair! I have no qualms with FourQs at all. My qualm is with people giving money to United Way. I think I have an obligation to inform people, including Four Qs what United Way is really about. And that is what he is asking. People have their opinions about many things on this forum. So I think I was within reason to comment on the charity!! Back to research as we speak. So far no one has proven differently.
And it's not like he was asking for help with information or an object. The help he requested is to assist in the Charity drive. And I believe it's a bad idea. My .02 cents.

Big Warlock
09-26-2007, 11:51 AM
http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=4629

Big Warlock
09-26-2007, 12:01 PM
http://www.unitedwayoprffp.org/
Criticism
Critics decry some policies of United Way as unethical:
Since United Way isn't a charity by itself, but merely an administrative program to synergize fund raising, it adds an additional level of overhead to organizational costs. If money is donated to United Way instead of directly to charitable organizations, a smaller part of it actually reaches its intended targets. Because of this, United Way organizations typically suffer from an administrational overhead of 10%-20% instead of 5%-15% that many other well-known charities have. [1]
Some workplaces that donate money to UW do not follow commonly used ethical procedures when soliciting donations. Employees may be pressured into donating through peer pressure tolerated or even encouraged by management. Non-donating employees may be forced to write a public explanation on why they do not want to participate, or just publicly outed in the workplace. United Way has made public that it doesn't support such measures, but has been slow to react on reports by employees that were coerced in such a way.
Two of United Way's former CEOs, William Aramony and Oral Suer have been indicted over misuse of donations. [2] [3]. Former employees have indicated that in some United Way organizations, awareness of fraud protection measures is low, and that few if any accounting auditing procedures get used. Compared to other nationally-active charitable organizations, UW has less-developed security measures.
Many employers are broadening the charity choices provided to employees by including America's Charities, a federation of over 100 national and local health and human service organizations. America's Charities can distribute 100% of employee contributions to designated charities.

Xlration Marine
09-26-2007, 12:12 PM
This could get ugly, but I have to say it.
United Way is the single worst charity on the planet. They actually do very little to nothing. They become a middle man for other charities, skimming off money.
Years ago, their president was busted and thrown out. He had a G-IV aircraft, penthouse apt in Manhattan and a 120 foot yacht. He was wining and dining the NFL boys to include drugs and hookers. It was a big deal for many years. The last president that I knew of made $3 million per year and lost the yacht. I understand they have cleaned up their act, but the fact remains that they are a marketing program to collect money and then give to other charities. Problem is they keep about 70 some percent of the money rounded up. :mad:
If you want to do some good. Go directly to your cause. Do some research. I am sure there are plenty of people on here that can steer you in the right direction. :)
Another BAd one: Red Cross. :devil:
A Good one: Salvation Army!!! :D
You have that right. And they send money to Planned Parenthood, who have Doctors on staff that will kill a baby. And they go through the donated items first and take what they want before it hits the resale stores. They busted the one here in Phoenix several years back. They had video of them taking stuff out the back door and giving it to friends and family, yup for free. Good by.

Big Warlock
09-26-2007, 12:14 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2003/07/20/MN24024.DTL&type=printable
http://www.azstarnet.com/unitedway/0722uw.html
http://www.snopes.com/rumors/charity.htm
http://www.eisenhowerfoundation.org/docs/ChroniclePhilanthropy_Buckstops_021017.pdf

Ziggy
09-26-2007, 12:29 PM
I don't understand why anyone really needs or wants to constantly throw water on someone elses flame???:( .
If I was going to be in town that day I'd try to help in one way or another...although I haven't really got any of the "toys" 4Q is asking to have displayed.....
A large number of "Charitable" organizations barely give pennies for each dollar taken in, that's quite commonplace from my understanding.

Her454
09-26-2007, 02:20 PM
Just when you think you can make a difference in the world, someone takes the steam right out of the roll. :eek:

FOURQ
09-26-2007, 09:35 PM
Big Warlock you have the right to your opinion but please start another thread to tell everyone about your dislikes.. if you seen what goes on from the inside it would be diffrent... :D

FOURQ
09-26-2007, 09:42 PM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f117/AzRiverChic/cars/5224688-R1-041-19.jpg
i think i'll be able to make it
looks gooood hope you can make it

Big Warlock
09-27-2007, 06:23 AM
Big Warlock you have the right to your opinion but please start another thread to tell everyone about your dislikes.. if you seen what goes on from the inside it would be diffrent... :D
I promise, I wasn't really trying to go after you personally. I do have a dog in this fight though. My sister runs one of the largest non profit shelters and drug rehab programs in the western states. I don't want to name it nor call it, but I do know this is the truth. If you want to ask for assistance in something it's only fair to hear both sides of the story.
Personally, if I was around, I would bring some of my toys down to display and help you out. And I would behave, I promise! LOL :D
If you have information that shows what is going on in Havasu with this money collected, you should publish it. That's what I just did. Published what I was talking about.
Best of luck to you! Also, keeping this thread alive!! :D

Big Warlock
09-27-2007, 09:02 AM
bump.....they still need help!!!

Big Warlock
09-27-2007, 12:36 PM
bump again......still trying to help!!

Big Warlock
09-27-2007, 02:24 PM
Still help is required!!! Come on guys!!!

Her454
09-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Still help is required!!! Come on guys!!!
Kinda like shooting a deer and then trying to give it mouth to mouth hu?:D

Jordy
09-27-2007, 02:34 PM
You guys are into some wierd shit up on Mullet Mountain... :notam: :idea:

Her454
09-27-2007, 02:35 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Big Warlock
09-27-2007, 02:39 PM
I said my piece. Then accused of not helping. So I am trying to be the kinder, gentler person on Hot Boat.
I was thinking, this is like asking for help robbing a bank. Then someone steps in and tells you it's illegal. and you tell them, that's inappropriate in this thread because I didn't ask if it was legal or not, I only asked if someone would help me!!
See, I understand Hot Boat perfectly!! That's what I love about it. Now, I am back to helping!!! :D

Big Warlock
09-27-2007, 03:10 PM
back up...I can't do this much longer. Someone might have to step in.....

FOURQ
09-27-2007, 04:31 PM
back up...I can't do this much longer. Someone might have to step in.....
thanks for the help
when I have a few min to let ya know how I see it I will pm ya :D

Jordy
09-28-2007, 08:18 AM
How are ya looking on vehicles? :D

ULTRA26 # 1
09-28-2007, 08:25 AM
LMAO :D

Ziggy
09-28-2007, 08:25 AM
How are ya looking on vehicles? :DYou asking 4Q or Her454? :D:D:D

Her454
09-28-2007, 08:26 AM
You asking 4Q or Her454? :D:D:D
We don't use vehicles on Mullet Mountain. :rolleyes: :D
Smartazz.

Jordy
09-28-2007, 08:27 AM
You asking 4Q or Her454? :D:D:D
4Q of course. :D
I doubt that taking any vehicles off blocks in the front yard on the Mountain would do anyone any good, not to mention, we know the track record of a certain someone when it comes to actually showing up. :notam:

Her454
09-28-2007, 08:29 AM
4Q of course. :D
I doubt that taking any vehicles off blocks in the front yard on the Mountain would do anyone any good, not to mention, we know the track record of a certain someone when it comes to actually showing up. :notam:
I show up when its worth the trip.

Jordy
09-28-2007, 08:33 AM
I show up when its worth the trip.
Or to see the cleanest Men's restrooms in all of Berryessa. :jawdrop:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40131&stc=1&d=1190997165

Ziggy
09-28-2007, 08:41 AM
Now, now Jordan, don't make me send a note home to your mother :)

Jordy
09-28-2007, 08:44 AM
Now, now Jordan, don't make me send a note home to your mother :)
I'm sure she'd just put it in the big pile with all the others. ;)

Her454
09-28-2007, 08:46 AM
LOL or that too. :D Seeing that pic makes me feel hungover all over again. I couldnt figure out what the hell was in my mouth and I remembered it was my breakfast ticket...I wouldnt put it down or touch anything in that place LOL.