PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Nukes in Syria???

boatsnblondes
09-12-2007, 07:47 AM
Funded by Iran?? Be afraid, be VERY afraid!!!!!
Now I understand what the Israelis were doing over Syrian airspace last week, and what it was the Syrians were trying to protect that was important enough that the Syrians too a shot at them....the secret is out boys...WW3, here we come. And I now think I know what Bush is going to talk about in his address to the Nation sometime this week...wonder what the fraidycrats will say about this???:mad: :mad:
Oh, and did anyone catch the skewering General Petraus got in congress Monday?? Cowards, absolute traiterous cowards....you dems..
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3448829,00.html

ColeTR2
09-12-2007, 08:11 AM
Crazy Stuff have to look at CNN. I think Bush is going to talk tomorrow night.

Jordy
09-12-2007, 08:12 AM
Have no fear, it's all in God's mighty hands. ;)

Mandelon
09-12-2007, 08:43 AM
I am sure if we are just nice to them it will all be OK..... :rolleyes:
Let Kucinich ( sp?) handle it...he's got a great plan....:sqeyes:

RiverToysJas
09-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Use more fuel, that'll keep them happy........
RTJas.....boating for world peace! :D

ULTRA26 # 1
09-12-2007, 08:48 AM
Perfect :D :D

RitcheyRch
09-12-2007, 09:09 AM
Scary stuff

DMOORE
09-12-2007, 09:14 AM
And those FRIGGIN Chinese commie bastards keep playing it off as if they are our buddies. Once a commie, always a commie. Lets see how fast we can end trade with them. I just might be horrible, us not being able to buy low quality junk...oh my.
Darrell.

Big Warlock
09-12-2007, 09:21 AM
No Worries!!!! We have Cindy Sheeehan!!!! LOL
Sad state of affairs in this country. People just refuse to WAKE UP!!!! :mad:

HalletDave
09-12-2007, 09:21 AM
:idea:
Jordy,
Haven't you heard, "God Is Fake". :rolleyes: :D

Outnumbered
09-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Oh, so true.

OutCole'd
09-12-2007, 09:33 AM
That sure is the truth Rob, scary shit going on.

ULTRA26 # 1
09-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Funded by Iran?? Be afraid, be VERY afraid!!!!!
Now I understand what the Israelis were doing over Syrian airspace last week, and what it was the Syrians were trying to protect that was important enough that the Syrians too a shot at them....the secret is out boys...WW3, here we come. And I now think I know what Bush is going to talk about in his address to the Nation sometime this week...wonder what the fraidycrats will say about this???:mad: :mad:
Oh, and did anyone catch the skewering General Petraus got in congress Monday?? Cowards, absolute traiterous cowards....you dems..
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3448829,00.html
Part of BnB's article. If this were true it would be all over every news source in the Country.
According to the Times, American officials confirmed Tuesday that Israeli jets launched an airstrike inside Syria. Sources said that Israel struck at least one target in northeastern Syria, but could not provide more details.
The most likely target was, according to some administration officials, weapon caches sent by Iran to Hizbullah through Syria.
BnB, sorry dude but you are an idiot. Things are tense enough with your BS.
More of BnB's Satan type fear instilling garbage

Cheap Thrills
09-12-2007, 09:59 AM
And those FRIGGIN Chinese commie bastards keep playing it off as if they are our buddies.
Darrell.
What's that old saying ? Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
One problem this stupid ass government of ours has, is that they somehow got the idea that war could be sanitary.
If they had kept the politics out of it and taken care of business the FIRST Facking time we wouldn't be having to worry about something like this.
T.

spectras only
09-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Nukes , I guess you guys haven't heard the latest on russia's vacuumbomb ?
wait til some terrorists get a hold of one :idea:
Russia has tested the world's most powerful vacuum bomb , unleashing a destructive shockwave with the power of a nuclear waepon. The bomb is the latest in a series of new russian weapons ,
as Putin tries to reassert Moscow's role on the international stage . I guess the US has to reassert the use of the neutron bomb the world protested so wehemently against !

PaPaG
09-12-2007, 10:49 AM
What's that old saying ? Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
One problem this stupid ass government of ours has, is that they somehow got the idea that war could be sanitary.
If they had kept the politics out of it and taken care of business the FIRST Facking time we wouldn't be having to worry about something like this.
T.
You can thank the Dems for that....

PaPaG
09-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Nukes , I guess you guys haven't heard the latest on russia's vacuumbomb ?
wait til some terrorists get a hold of one :idea:
Russia has tested the world's most powerful vacuum bomb , unleashing a destructive shockwave with the power of a nuclear waepon. The bomb is the latest in a series of new russian weapons ,
as Putin tries to reassert Moscow's role on the international stage . I guess the US has to reassert the use of the neutron bomb the world protested so wehemently against !
"While the U.S. bomb (MOAB) is equivalent to 11 tons of TNT, the Russian one is equivalent to 44 tons of regular explosives. The Russian weapon's blast radius is 990 feet, twice as big as that of the U.S. design, the report said."
With Russia and China spending billions on weapons the Dems better wake up and pull their heads out of their arses....just think if Hillary becomes pres...Let me see :idea: how much can you donate to my personal pocket book so we can let you over run the US? :devil:

spectras only
09-12-2007, 12:07 PM
PaPaG , one thing is sure , you could never trust the russians ! They'll do what they have to do to show they're in the game ;) . I've built helmet mounted night vision equipment back in 1966 for the russian army [ we engraved 'made in the ussr' on the units :) ] working at
a facility in Budapest . They were equivalent of the us models based on infrared technology , using multi alkali photocatode [ RCA developed similar system that was issued during the Vietnam war] . The problem with these units were , they occasionally zapped the user with 25000 volts :) :D .We had lots of returned units broken by solders tossing them on the floor :D .
While I was enrolled in the army I found them on our armoured amphibian vehicle like this BTR . Those two black headlights were the infrared units with a 150W halogen bulb inside .
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/BTR-60-1n.jpg

PaPaG
09-12-2007, 01:35 PM
PaPaG , one thing is sure , you could never trust the russians ! They'll do what they have to do to show they're in the game ;) . I've built helmet mounted night vision equipment back in 1966 for the russian army [ we engraved 'made in the ussr' on the units :) ] working at
a facility in Budapest . They were equivalent of the us models based on infrared technology , using multi alkali photocatode [ RCA developed similar system that was issued during the Vietnam war] . The problem with these units were , they occasionally zapped the user with 25000 volts :) :D .We had lots of returned units broken by solders tossing them on the floor :D .
While I was enrolled in the army I found them on our armoured amphibian vehicle like this BTR . Those two black headlights were the infrared units with a 150W halogen bulb inside .
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/BTR-60-1n.jpg
I would have loved to see a 25k volt reaction..:D

boatsnblondes
09-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Part of BnB's article. If this were true it would be all over every news source in the Country.
According to the Times, American officials confirmed Tuesday that Israeli jets launched an airstrike inside Syria. Sources said that Israel struck at least one target in northeastern Syria, but could not provide more details.
The most likely target was, according to some administration officials, weapon caches sent by Iran to Hizbullah through Syria.
BnB, sorry dude but you are an idiot. Things are tense enough with your BS.
More of BnB's Satan type fear instilling garbage
No dude, your the idiot. Keep your head in the sand like Chamberlain did, and watch what happens. This came off Druge this morning. As an avid reader of Drudge over the years, one thing I have noticed is that he tends to get a jump on the MSM by a few days on the hot stuff. This needs to cook a little, as more info comes out. Needless to say, I am sure that the US folks know exactly what happened, but are not able to confirm it yet. Question for you dude?? Why would the Israeli air force go after a weapons cache in Syria?? Why not wait till it got into Lebonon, a place where they can fly unchallenged all they want? I don't think a weapons cache is important enough to let loose a surface to air at and Israeli F16...or 15, whichever they flew...instead of listening to dumbazzes like Pelosi and Ried, better figure out the truth..."Satan type fear instilling garbage" what a bonehead...

ULTRA26 # 1
09-12-2007, 08:31 PM
No dude, your the idiot. Keep your head in the sand like Chamberlain did, and watch what happens. This came off Druge this morning. As an avid reader of Drudge over the years, one thing I have noticed is that he tends to get a jump on the MSM by a few days on the hot stuff. This needs to cook a little, as more info comes out. Needless to say, I am sure that the US folks know exactly what happened, but are not able to confirm it yet. Question for you dude?? Why would the Israeli air force go after a weapons cache in Syria?? Why not wait till it got into Lebonon, a place where they can fly unchallenged all they want? I don't think a weapons cache is important enough to let loose a surface to air at and Israeli F16...or 15, whichever they flew...instead of listening to dumbazzes like Pelosi and Ried, better figure out the truth..."Satan type fear instilling garbage" what a bonehead...
This needs to cook a little, as more info comes out. Needless to say, I am sure that the US folks know exactly what happened, but are not able to confirm it yet
Nothing has been confirmed and your talkin' about WWIII. "Satan type fear instilling garbage" is exactly what it is. Why don't you go preach your sermon to who will listen.

boatsnblondes
09-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Think I'm just bangin' the drum cause I got nothing better to do, huh???
Read this;
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296450,00.html
And this....
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/09/12/ahmadinejad.itn/index.html
In the 30's...as the momentum towards WW2 gathered and gained strength, most people turned away from it, saying nothing was gonna happen, and basically ignoring the rumblings coming from Germany. Chamberlain, PM of England at the time, went against popular theory at the time, and flew to Germany to meet Hitler, and came back with a document as worthless as the paper it was written on. Hitler would later stomp all over it, and bring in the ushering of the Blitzkreig and another war. Those same markers are out there today, the same rumblings are again coming across this world, and people like you are ignoring them. Theres a storm coming dude, a bad one, and as long as Dems are in charge on the hill, I fear there is no hope at all.....now, go put your head back in the sand and hide your face...Chamberlain did it, and look what he wrought...

Boozer
09-12-2007, 09:06 PM
The bombings have been confirmed.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/09/11/israel.syria/
I don't really know what to think right now about all of this madness in the world. But I do know what the facts are and the facts are kind of scary.
There is nothing I can do as an individual to change anything going on in the world right now and there is nothing I can do to prevent the world from ending so I'm just going to pretend like none of this is going on, keep buying firearms in the event that war does eventually happen on US soil, and live my life exactly the same as I did before all this madness was apparent to the world.

Rexone
09-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Think I'm just bangin' the drum cause I got nothing better to do, huh???
Read this;
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296450,00.html
And this....
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/09/12/ahmadinejad.itn/index.html
In the 30's...as the momentum towards WW2 gathered and gained strength, most people turned away from it, saying nothing was gonna happen, and basically ignoring the rumblings coming from Germany. Chamberlain, PM of England at the time, went against popular theory at the time, and flew to Germany to meet Hitler, and came back with a document as worthless as the paper it was written on. Hitler would later stomp all over it, and bring in the ushering of the Blitzkreig and another war. Those same markers are out there today, the same rumblings are again coming across this world, and people like you are ignoring them. Theres a storm coming dude, a bad one, and as long as Dems are in charge on the hill, I fear there is no hope at all.....now, go put your head back in the sand and hide your face...Chamberlain did it, and look what he wrought...
I pretty much agree with you here. I've been called a doomsdayer for the past few years regarding the real estate crash that some still insist isn't occurring.
Iran and more importantly China are real threats in future years imo. We just keep feeding China and they keep smiling all the way to the military bank. The US and most western nations I think pretty much have their head buried in the sand, or up each others asses. Or more accurately in the "greed bank". Back to the money is the root of all evil thing. They'll sell anything of a dollar. Even their sovrenty over the long haul. Right now it's in the form of cheap shit at Wal-Mart and a myriad of other outlets and the ever-so attactive practice of outsoucing overseas and moving all our nuts and bolts manufacturing industries out of the U.S. It seems like half the shit in stores is made in China. Our leaders are dumbasses for trusting China. I don't know how more bluntly to state it. And not just the current group, this goes back quite a number of years.
The Middle East is a powder keg. The difference now as opposed to history is they now have the ability to take their violence and hatred worldwide vs. just killing each other by driving across the border with their tanks. This is a problem. When someone states they want westerners or the US dead, it should be a wake up call. Instead we continue to waste money on unimportant crap, let our military lag in strength necessary to continue to be an effective deterrent for future years, and basically ignore the well stated threat I guess thinking the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans are buffers these assholes can't cross or something.
Technology has made these problems "world class" problems that can possibly involve the entire planet if enough hostilities occur. Imagine if China flew off the handle tomorrow. Would the stretched US Military be able to defend the country short of using nuclear weapons? I think not. That is not a position of strength. That is a position of stupidity from the top levels of government (presidents and congresses). Keep the freighters full of cheap shit coming to Long Beach boys, boy look at all that money we make sellin this crap.
I sincerely hope someone like Fred Thompson is elected that (I think) will recognize and take at least some preventative action on these issues. I would hate to see the US run over by a country like China (very feasible imo), like Hitler had his way with Europe, in the coming years. Our children will be dealing with this mess and fighting the wars our current leaders are not taking measures to prevent. Strength is still a strong deterrent. Our current government just doesn't seem to see things this way.
Back to your regularly scheduled debate on the Lord. :)

boatsnblondes
09-12-2007, 11:18 PM
One more thing..after WW1, the US was exhausted from war. The roaring 20's were exactly that, good times, no more fighting. Quietly, overseas, Hitler was passing out Mien Kampf, and Stalin was killing everyone he could find, along with Lenin. But we were far enough away, we didn't care. The 20's came and went, the rumblings got louder, so did the antiwar sentiment. The US became even more Nationalistic in the 30's as worries over Hitler grew more vocal. The US had no right or reason to intervene, they said..anyone wanna venture a guess who the poster child for this movement was back then??
Anyone?
Anyone???
ANYONE???
A hint, he was a world famous pilot, whose only son was kidnapped and murdered.
If you guessed Charles Lindberg, you win a stuffed animal. When The US, in the late 30's began to send transatlantic convoys over to England to help them with the German attacks, Lindberg was the most vocal of us all. The antiwar protests were nationwide, most intense in New York, where they were led by American Communists. Hitler had by then signed a non-agression pact with Stalin, (which he never intended to honor, BTW) and the American Communist party went nuts becuase we were fighting the war (by proxy, so to speak). Tensions ran high, words were thrown about, the country was devided. After December 7th, 1941, the left was conspicously quiet, I wonder why??
I would have thought that 9/11 would have given us a sense of direction, that the rightious anger felt on both sides of the isle would last, but, no, it didn't. Partisan politics always seems to rear it's ugly head, and now I wonder, what would it take to quiet the left now?? Does Syria or Iran really have to let a nuke loose before everyone gets on the same page again??
Also, the Communist party of the 40's gave birth to two other leftist traiters, later executed for thier crimes....anyone wanna venture a guess of thier names???
Anyone???
Anyone???
ANYONE???
Hint, the only married couple ever executed as traiters.
If you said Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, you are right. For years, American communists insisted that they were not traiters, that they did not do it. After the fall of the Soviet Union, Russia came clean and produced the docs that forever left no doubt as to who gave the Russians the bomb...BTW, they were members of the American Communist party also, and vocal critics of the war...sigh....interesting when you think that the two Presidents who saw us through this war, Roosevelt and Truman, were both Dems...my, how the party has changed.....:eek:

skygod73
09-13-2007, 12:04 AM
BnB, your ok in my book!;)

ULTRA26 # 1
09-13-2007, 07:18 AM
I pretty much agree with you here. I've been called a doomsdayer for the past few years regarding the real estate crash that some still insist isn't occurring.
Iran and more importantly China are real threats in future years imo. We just keep feeding China and they keep smiling all the way to the military bank. The US and most western nations I think pretty much have their head buried in the sand, or up each others asses. Or more accurately in the "greed bank". Back to the money is the root of all evil thing. They'll sell anything of a dollar. Even their sovrenty over the long haul. Right now it's in the form of cheap shit at Wal-Mart and a myriad of other outlets and the ever-so attactive practice of outsoucing overseas and moving all our nuts and bolts manufacturing industries out of the U.S. It seems like half the shit in stores is made in China. Our leaders are dumbasses for trusting China. I don't know how more bluntly to state it. And not just the current group, this goes back quite a number of years.
The Middle East is a powder keg. The difference now as opposed to history is they now have the ability to take their violence and hatred worldwide vs. just killing each other by driving across the border with their tanks. This is a problem. When someone states they want westerners or the US dead, it should be a wake up call. Instead we continue to waste money on unimportant crap, let our military lag in strength necessary to continue to be an effective deterrent for future years, and basically ignore the well stated threat I guess thinking the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans are buffers these assholes can't cross or something.
Technology has made these problems "world class" problems that can possibly involve the entire planet if enough hostilities occur. Imagine if China flew off the handle tomorrow. Would the stretched US Military be able to defend the country short of using nuclear weapons? I think not. That is not a position of strength. That is a position of stupidity from the top levels of government (presidents and congresses). Keep the freighters full of cheap shit coming to Long Beach boys, boy look at all that money we make sellin this crap.
I sincerely hope someone like Fred Thompson is elected that (I think) will recognize and take at least some preventative action on these issues. I would hate to see the US run over by a country like China (very feasible imo), like Hitler had his way with Europe, in the coming years. Our children will be dealing with this mess and fighting the wars our current leaders are not taking measures to prevent. Strength is still a strong deterrent. Our current government just doesn't seem to see things this way.
Back to your regularly scheduled debate on the Lord. :)
It doesn't seem to me that the US military is in any position to begin bombing Iran. Have we not learned a lesson from the current campaign in Iraq? Seems the rest of the world may have.
I agree that strength is a strong deterrent, However, I don't view force and strength as being synonymous. Development and technology, US strengths, have been put on the back burner while the US spends billions in borrowed dollars a week trying to clean up the mess we made in Iraq.
Also it seems a bit hypocritical for the US to attempt to dictate to the rest of the world, that they can't have military technology that the US has had for 60 plus years. I see China as the biggest threat to the US, both militarily and economically. However, many pro war people, in the US, do the bulk of their shopping at Wal-mart. :confused:
I don't know enough about Fred Thompson, at this point, to be a supporter. Hopefully he has the vision and determination that is so desperately needed in Washington. I sure don't see it from anyone else that has entered the race thus far.
I remain hopeful that those in control in Washington use a lot more brains and far less brawn, with regard to dealing with Iran. I also hope that American people kick their addiction to the Wal-Marts and other retailers of Chinese made products.
BTW, seems this topic should be in the PRF

spectras only
09-13-2007, 07:28 AM
I remain hopeful that those in control in Washington use a lot more brains :)
That'll never happen !:idea:
by John Horvat II
For decades, American businessmen have been outsourcing production and setting up factories in Communist China. They cite a large and industrious work force with minimal labor costs as the reason that supposedly allows them to manufacture a product at the lowest possible costs. American manufacturers employing American workers are hard-pressed to compete.
Behind the façade of Asia’s industrial powerhouse, however, is the tragic reality of a society without morals. Chinese labor conditions are notoriously horrible with little or no provisions for worker safety. Wages are low, free trade unions not allowed and living conditions can be scandalously inadequate. Human rights violations, such as forced abortion, are common. Illegal factories abound and cases of slavery are reported. Corruption and bribery are endemic making the rule of law questionable at best.
China fails the test in all the major areas for the proper running of industry in the West. While the West must pay dearly for environmental damage or carbon offsets, China is a massive environmental disaster. Violations that would shut down many a Western firm seem to have no effect on its Chinese counterpart. Food regulations are ignored and all manner of toxins, bacteria, illegal pesticides, outlawed antibiotics and carcinogens are commonly found in Chinese food imports. China is immune from damages that would trigger multimillion dollar lawsuits in the West.
Far from being the new economic miracle, China is actually the West’s gigantic sweat shop, churning out cheap goods to insatiable Western consumers.
Silence on the Left and Right
Perhaps the greatest scandal is not so much the predictably horrific record of the world’s largest Communist power. Rather it is the scandalous silence of Western leaders who allow the situation to continue.
On the left, rarely do activists focus on the abuses and violations that would awaken outrage in American soil. Sweat shops in Bangladesh or El Salvador get better press than those in China. It is known that nearly half of China's population lives without sewage treatment, and that its water is not safe to drink, and yet major environmental organizations are not insisting that Chinese vast cash reserves be used to remedy the ever-worsening situation.
On the right, businessmen cynically claim free trade will bring about reform and the destruction of the Communist party and its ideology that still rules supreme. It is a claim that they have made since the eighties. And yet decade after decade, the Chinese population still suffers under an immoral system that systemically violates human rights and persecutes religion.
Moreover, Western technology is being channeled into an ever-growing Chinese military which is building up its power and targeting the very capitalist hand that feeds it.
Safeguarding Americans
While Chinese have long suffered under the present regime, it is now Americans who are becoming victims. The Chinese government’s blatant disregard for even the most elementary sanitary standards is beginning to become public
The Chinese food scandal first began when dogs and cats started dying from pet food processed in the United States and Canada using melamine-contaminated wheat flour from China. Over 100 pet food brands were recalled.
The scandals have now extended to foods directly threatening the health of American consumers. Seafood, toothpaste and other consumables were found to contain dangerous substances. In addition, the U.S. Department of Agriculture reports that as many as 20 million chickens and thousands of hogs in several states may have been fed contaminated Chinese feed.
Now Chinese mismanagement and shoddy practices are affecting the most helpless of victims – American children. Chinese-made toys containing excessive amounts of lead now threaten countless children to dangerous exposure.
Indeed, Fisher-Price recalled nearly 1.5 million toys because of the problem. Mattel has just announced a worldwide recall of more than 18 million toys from store shelves and homes because of lead paint and hazardous magnets.
Cheap Goods
Those who claim Chinese goods provide cheap wares to American consumers would do well to take a second look.
Such cheap goods come at great cost to the Chinese workers who frequently work in substandard sweat shop conditions. They are now coming at a great price to American business in the form of recalled goods and ruined reputations.
Finally they cost dearly to American consumers and particularly children whose health is endangered by substandard and chemical-laced goods and foods.
Such costs are to be expected from a Communist government that has long had a callous disregard for human life and holds itself to no standards save that of its immoral philosophy.
However, now that American lives are directly threatened, it should serve as a wake-up call to question seriously the wisdom of continuing present trade policies.
It should at least serve to alert the public that “Made in China” is no longer a manufacturing label but a warning.

Boozer
09-13-2007, 07:31 AM
Also it seems a bit hypocritical for the US to attempt to dictate to the rest of the world, that they can't have military technology that the US has had for 60 plus years. I see China as the biggest threat to the US, both militarily and economically. However, many pro war people, in the US, do the bulk of their shopping at Wal-mart. :confused:
I remain hopeful that those in control in Washington use a lot more brains and far less brawn, with regard to dealing with Iran. I also hope that American people kick their addiction to the Wal-Marts and other retailers of Chinese made products.
Does it also seem hypocritical for local governments to forbid convicted felons from owning firearms? Seems kind of the same to me really. Iran has proven itself unworthy of having the responsibility of owning a nuclear weapon and therefor the global police have stated that at this point they forbid that nation from owning one, if they really want to own nukes maybe they should work on proving themselves responsible and gaining the worlds trust first, building a secret nuclear weapons cache in Syria sure isn't going to help their cause.
Do you really expect Washington officials to use their brains for anything other then "How can we continue to f*ck the little man and make our buddies richer?" Our government is far to busy trying to figure out more and more ways to make big business even bigger then to really care about such small issues like how to better protect our borders and our citizens.
Why the PRF forums? This is a subject ALL people should be made aware of regardless of political affiliation. This subject affects ALL people exactly the same and I personally think it is important that more Americans be aware of this ongoing issue.

ULTRA26 # 1
09-13-2007, 08:12 AM
Does it also seem hypocritical for local governments to forbid convicted felons from owning firearms? Seems kind of the same to me really. Iran has proven itself unworthy of having the responsibility of owning a nuclear weapon and therefor the global police have stated that at this point they forbid that nation from owning one, if they really want to own nukes maybe they should work on proving themselves responsible and gaining the worlds trust first, building a secret nuclear weapons cache in Syria sure isn't going to help their cause.
Do you really expect Washington officials to use their brains for anything other then "How can we continue to f*ck the little man and make our buddies richer?" Our government is far to busy trying to figure out more and more ways to make big business even bigger then to really care about such small issues like how to better protect our borders and our citizens.
Why the PRF forums? This is a subject ALL people should be made aware of regardless of political affiliation. This subject affects ALL people exactly the same and I personally think it is important that more Americans be aware of this ongoing issue.
While I don't agree with your nuke and firearm analogy I understand it. Just curious how China, North Korea, Russia or the US for that matter, prove worthy of possessing nuclear weapons?? The Mid-East is full of crazies, we all know this. I just can't help trying to understand how those in the mid-east view the US after it bombed Iraq. I can't imagine it's much different.
Actually I don't expect our Govt to use it's brains, in this regard, and that is what scares me.
I agree that ALL people should be aware of this issue.
The Iranian nuclear program was launched in the 1950s with the help of the United States.[1] After the Iranian Revolution in 1979, the government temporarily disbanded the program, and then revived it with less Western assistance than during the pre-revolution era. Iran's current effort includes several research sites, a uranium mine, a nuclear reactor, and uranium processing facilities that include a uranium enrichment plant. The Iranian government asserts that the program's goal is to develop nuclear power plants, and that it plans to use them to generate 6,000 MW of electricity by 2010.[2] The U.S., which has its own nuclear weapons, and some other nations' officials allege the program covers an attempt to acquire nuclear weapons. Iran's officials have categorically denied these accusations and insisted that they will maintain their right to peaceful nuclear technology.
We bombed Iraq, on an assumption. We shouldn't make the same mistake in Iran

boatsnblondes
09-13-2007, 08:20 AM
BnB, your ok in my book!;)
Thanks!!!!!!:D

boatsnblondes
09-13-2007, 08:58 AM
It doesn't seem to me that the US military is in any position to begin bombing Iran. Have we not learned a lesson from the current campaign in Iraq? Seems the rest of the world may have.
I agree that strength is a strong deterrent, However, I don't view force and strength as being synonymous. Development and technology, US strengths, have been put on the back burner while the US spends billions in borrowed dollars a week trying to clean up the mess we made in Iraq.
I don't know enough about Fred Thompson, at this point, to be a supporter. Hopefully he has the vision and determination that is so desperately needed in Washington. I sure don't see it from anyone else that has entered the race thus far.
Not sure that anyone here is trying to dictate anything. But I beleive that in order to join the club for ownership of certain weapons, a country, Iran for instance, needs to show a certain maturity and responsibility first. I think this is the gyst of why Iran makes so many people nervous on so many levels. Iran has shown anything but restraint in regards to Israel, the US, and western civilization at large. Of course, Russia, China, and North Korea will do what they can to help them along...which is one of the reasons things are going south.
As an aside...if everyone of Walmarts' useless stores dried up tomarrow and blew away, I would not notice. We are in agreement on that issue, as well as Fred Thomson. I think we should exchange notes on our thoughts about him as this election cycle progresses, see what each other thinks....:idea:

ULTRA26 # 1
09-13-2007, 09:15 AM
Not sure that anyone here is trying to dictate anything. But I beleive that in order to join the club for ownership of certain weapons, a country, Iran for instance, needs to show a certain maturity and responsibility first. I think this is the gyst of why Iran makes so many people nervous on so many levels. Iran has shown anything but restraint in regards to Israel, the US, and western civilization at large. Of course, Russia, China, and North Korea will do what they can to help them along...which is one of the reasons things are going south.
As an aside...if everyone of Walmarts' useless stores dried up tomarrow and blew away, I would not notice. We are in agreement on that issue, as well as Fred Thomson. I think we should exchange notes on our thoughts about him as this election cycle progresses, see what each other thinks....:idea:
Sounds good :)

boatsnblondes
09-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Cool bro...aside form the God is fake thing going on in the next room over, I hope we can be bro's and talk more openly about politics and such than we have been able to do over there....:D

SmokinLowriderSS
09-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Hey bnb, realize that when arguing with ultra26, you are arguing with an "investigator", a professional "investigator", who "investigates" for a living.
You are WAY out of your league. :rolleyes:
Of course, he only "investigates" things that are not trivial, and if he isn't being paid to "investigate" it, it's trivial. :idea:
That's why he never bothered to hunt down confirmation of your story, and will deny it untill it hits the NY Times (ahead of page 10, page 37 doesn't count).
He has a looong history over in Political Rhetoric of failing to fact-check before bellying up to the keyboard. :D

SmokinLowriderSS
09-13-2007, 02:33 PM
The Iranian nuclear program was launched in the 1950s with the help of the United States.[1] After the Iranian Revolution in 1979, the government temporarily disbanded the program, and then revived it with less Western assistance than during the pre-revolution era. Iran's current effort includes several research sites, a uranium mine, a nuclear reactor, and uranium processing facilities that include a uranium enrichment plant. The Iranian government asserts that the program's goal is to develop nuclear power plants, and that it plans to use them to generate 6,000 MW of electricity by 2010.[2] The U.S., which has its own nuclear weapons, and some other nations' officials allege the program covers an attempt to acquire nuclear weapons. Iran's officials have categorically denied these accusations and insisted that they will maintain their right to peaceful nuclear technology.
Iran has ALSO STATED, PUBLICLY that they intend to develop NUCLEAR WEAPONS.
Power plant, fine. Atomic BOMB (or worse, fusion (the "h-bomb")), not fine.

Dave C
09-13-2007, 03:12 PM
I don't know about nukes but I ain't buying the explanation for this action.
Why would Israel commit an act of war with the air strike? There must have been a high value target fo some sort. And it ain't just regular old weapons.
There are more conventional weapons in the middle east than lake lice in Havasu on a holiday weekend.
something more is going on here that we are being led to believe.

ULTRA26 # 1
09-13-2007, 04:06 PM
Cool bro...aside form the God is fake thing going on in the next room over, I hope we can be bro's and talk more openly about politics and such than we have been able to do over there....:D
Funny thing is that I don't think you are wrong in the other thread. To me it the other issue isn't a matter of wrong or right.
Sounds good

centerhill condor
09-13-2007, 07:26 PM
And those FRIGGIN Chinese commie bastards keep playing it off as if they are our buddies. Once a commie, always a commie. Lets see how fast we can end trade with them. I just might be horrible, us not being able to buy low quality junk...oh my.
Darrell.
We give them US dollars for junk and they buy US politicians with it. Shame they don't take delivery!
Also, the Communist party of the 40's gave birth to two other leftist traiters, later executed for thier crimes....anyone wanna venture a guess of thier names???
ANYONE???
Hint, the only married couple ever executed as traiters.
If you said Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, you are right. BTW, they were members of the American Communist party also, and vocal critics of the war...sigh....interesting when you think that the two Presidents who saw us through this war, Roosevelt and Truman, were both Dems...my, how the party has changed.....:eek:
You got that right!
Also it seems a bit hypocritical for the US to attempt to dictate to the rest of the world, that they can't have military technology that the US has had for 60 plus years. I see China as the biggest threat to the US, both militarily and economically.
More defeatist anti American failed politics...Admiral Blandy's words are just as true today as 60 years ago, "no nation should be allowed to have superior atomic forces to ours". You want peace prepare for war. You want us to lose without firing a shot...Kruchev's plan all along.
And I believe we have done quite a bit of good in Iraq. Liberating an entire nation from a mad man and preparing a second front for Persia makes a lot more progress than gumming them to death in front of the UN.
You better not badmouth China...won't get your check next month.
We bombed Iraq, on an assumption. We shouldn't make the same mistake in Iran
We bombed Iraq on facts...Sadaam used chemical weapons on the Persians and Kurds...they are dead and can't be called by the Dems to say how great Sadaam was.
Would you have preferred he used WMD on US forces? blackmailed the region like the DPRK? What kind of world do you want?
The Persians forcibly took US hostages and US territory 30 years ago. These are the same people running their country today, killing journalist, and hanging people in public for the very right you excercise here on HB. Sending weapons and fighters to Iraq. Roughly 70% of US casualties are caused/supplied by Persia. You might consider taking up for Americans for a change.
CC