PDA

View Full Version : Led Zeppelin - Would Be Great To See This

HocusPocus
09-12-2007, 11:17 AM
LONDON (AP) - Led Zeppelin will perform a one-time comeback concert in memory of Ahmet Ertegun, a co-founder of Atlantic Records.
The band will perform together for the first time in 19 years on Nov. 26, at London's The O2 venue, on the banks of the River Thames.
Promoters said the concert would pay tribute to Ertegun - the label boss who popularized Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin and Led Zeppelin - who died in December at age 83.
"During the Zeppelin years, Ahmet Ertegun was a major foundation of solidarity and accord," said Led Zeppelin singer Robert Plant. "For us he was Atlantic Records and remained a close friend and conspirator."
Ertegun, who co-founded the Atlantic Records label with Herb Abramson, signed Plant's band in 1968 and later snapped up the Rolling Stones.
Led Zeppelin's remaining original members Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones will headline the concert with late drummer John Bonham's son, Jason, on drums, organizers said Wednesday.
The quartet is expected to perform a full set lasting up to two hours.
Promoter Harvey Goldsmith said Led Zeppelin would play one show only and there was no commitment or discussion of playing beyond that.
The Who's Pete Townshend, Bill Wyman, Foreigner and young Scottish singer Paolo Nutini - the last British act Ertegun signed - will also play at the tribute concert.
All proceeds will go to the Ahmet Ertegun Education Fund to establish music scholarships for students at institutions in Britain, the United States and Turkey, Goldsmith said.
i think this would be a great show to see.

C-2
09-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Hell yes!
Sign me up...at least whatever version they will offer on satellite.
Strange, but the older I get (41),:) the more I enjoy their music and realize just how good they were.

Cheap Thrills
09-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Hell yeeeuh. Would love to see the show.....
I was just listening to the Coverdale & Page album. Thing I'll go ahead and put on the zeppelin when this finishes.
T.

yopengo
09-12-2007, 11:24 AM
As long as Jason is the drummer....I am in.

HocusPocus
09-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Hell yes!
Sign me up...at least whatever version they will offer on satellite.
Strange, but the older I get (41),:) the more I enjoy their music and realize just how good they were.
i know the feeling.. im 45 :D
my oldest daughter is 17 and she goes on and on about how good the bands are she likes, i asked her how many people are going to be standing in lines at their concerts 20-30 years from now.

obnoxious001
09-12-2007, 11:52 AM
I saw them in 77 at the Forum also,, still got the shirt!

C-2
09-12-2007, 11:54 AM
One of my favorite vids...I was just a wee bit young to catch them live. Damn I wish there was a cleaner version of this vid - it sure get's the blood pumping
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CfaRAKzcTew

C-2
09-12-2007, 11:58 AM
There's actually a bunch of good led Zep vids up right now on youtube. I've seen some awesome clips - but seen them taken off really quick.

roostwear
09-12-2007, 11:58 AM
I took my oldest son to Roger Waters for his Pink Floyd fix, and he told me about this a few weeks ago (before it was a done deal). I love that he enjoys classic rock, but this concert may be a bit too expensive. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

justfloatn
09-12-2007, 12:04 PM
I saw that same lineup with Bonham's son at Shoreline in 94 or 95, it may have been 96 (that was about a billion beers ago)
It was incredible; they only played four or five songs off their new (at the time) album. The rest was all old 70's Zeppelin. One of the best concerts ever.

Some Kind Of Monster
09-12-2007, 12:10 PM
I just heard on the radio that tix are $300 American and you have to get in on a lottery to get them with a limit of 2.

NoWorries
09-12-2007, 12:19 PM
These guys are just bitchin! I was also went to the Roger Waters concernt in Phx and I flew to Oakland to see David Gilmoure when he released on an island, and he did some Floyd as well two bitchin shows. I would love to see this show but the chances of that are slim. It would be sweet if they would do something on satellite:devil: I am young guy still but the love the classics! In fact I took my dad to the Roger Waters concert it was cool to be there jammin out with my dad to some songs we both enjoyed. :D

Cheap Thrills
09-12-2007, 12:31 PM
I just heard on the radio that tix are $300 American and you have to get in on a lottery to get them with a limit of 2.
I hope not but It will Probably be one of those Ticket Master deals like the Smashing Pumpkins tour that just went through. They had a limit of two tickets per customer. Non transferable tickets at that. the original purchaser had to show up at the concert with both tickets, the credit card the tickets were purchased and a photo ID. It was really hard to find tickets as it was and Ticket Masters computers crashing the first day due to traffic didn't make things any easier. People were selling their second ticket for well over a grand a piece. Of course you had to go with the person that bought the ticket to get in.. Geeeezas what a mess that must have been.
T.