PDA

View Full Version : Thunderboat Regatta in San Diego

kingsransomracing
09-13-2007, 06:37 AM
I was looking at the information at:
http://www.thunderboatregatta.com
It looks as though if I just want to go just on Friday, I have to pay for a whole weekend :jawdrop: whats that all about?
Also is there any places that have discount coupons for this event?

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-13-2007, 06:51 AM
Jeepers Creepers! :eek: This is a spendy event to go to. :confused:
We were thinking of heading down for the circle races but with those prices, I kind of doubt it. :(

raff
09-13-2007, 06:59 AM
I was looking at the information at:
http://www.thunderboatregatta.com
It looks as though if I just want to go just on Friday, I have to pay for a whole weekend :jawdrop: whats that all about?
Also is there any places that have discount coupons for this event?
Did you call and see if you could get a one day ticket for the day?
For more information call 619.225.9160

kingsransomracing
09-13-2007, 09:01 AM
office is closed.

RivrKD
09-13-2007, 09:19 AM
You can buy tickets at the gate. I know that they are more money on Sunday

reb939
09-13-2007, 10:24 AM
We were thinking of heading down for the circle races but with those prices, I kind of doubt it. :(
Save your money and go the waterski races, on Oct 12-13-14, same venue as the Thunderboats and it's freel

Mr. Crusader 83
09-13-2007, 10:27 AM
If you wanna go and just watch the circle boats or drag boats its alot cheaper. Last year it was only $35 a head but there is always guys selling tickets in the parking lot for around $20 each.

RivrKD
09-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Thank you 83 I could not remember what the prices were.
Ill be at the drag boats. I checked with the web site and the parking is 15 at drags

DMOORE
09-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Or you could just launch the boat for free and have front row seats.:)
Darrell.

jh4rt
09-13-2007, 10:55 AM
Did you call and see if you could get a one day ticket for the day?
For more information call 619.225.9160
I called a couple weeks ago. She said you can not get a one day ticket. It looks like you may have to pay for the whole weekend whenever you go. We are headed down Saturday morning and will likely buy tickets at the gate for "whatever" they charge.

WILDERTHANU
09-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Watch from the water... It's the shit, and you can drink your own beer!! See ya out there!!

Mardonzi
09-13-2007, 12:11 PM
I will probably launch Sat afternoon and stay on the water thru sunday watching them,, sounds like cheap entertainment...

AzLakeLizard
09-13-2007, 12:19 PM
I will probably launch Sat afternoon and stay on the water thru sunday watching them,, sounds like cheap entertainment...
WOW.. And I thought you were staying there this weekend because you had to WORK....:devil:

Mr. Crusader 83
09-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Thank you 83 I could not remember what the prices were.
Ill be at the drag boats. I checked with the web site and the parking is 15 at drags
Dont pay to park. They is plenty of areas to park around Crown Point. Its right by a some houses. You can park anywhere over there.

BarryMac
09-13-2007, 12:43 PM
WOW.. And I thought you were staying there this weekend because you had to WORK....:devil:
Oh shit, someone's in trouble... :eek:

Mardonzi
09-13-2007, 01:07 PM
When am I NOT in trouble.....
I actually do hae to work until 1 on Saturday.. but after that...:)

kingsransomracing
09-13-2007, 01:56 PM
I called up motorworld of el cajon (where you can pick up tickets), and they said that they only sell weekend passes, however at the gate, you can buy one day tickets for friday or saturday and they are $10 each day.
I would think that if this organization wants to sell weekend passes only and most of us can only go one day is a bunch of bull****. every other racing organization has one-day tickets.
the way I understand it is that once you buy a ticket it gets you to any of the three areas (fiesta island, crown point and east vacation island) you just have to take the shuttle or walk to those different areas, am I missing something?

raff
09-13-2007, 02:29 PM
the way I understand it is that once you buy a ticket it gets you to any of the three areas (fiesta island, crown point and east vacation island) you just have to take the shuttle or walk to those different areas, am I missing something?
That's how it works.:idea:

77charger
09-13-2007, 02:35 PM
going saturday to spectate.Right now thinking of how to get in and take my own beer for cheap.
I have some ideas!!:D :D

AzLakeLizard
09-13-2007, 02:37 PM
NAWWW.. Just wishing that we could have flown me over so I could have gone too.. :(
I just like razzing him...lol:D

local805
09-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Whats Up With A Whole Thread On The Pricing Of These Races??what Happened To All The Equity Millionaires,i Think All The Appraisals Are Coming In Shy And No More Free Money Re-fi From Their Houses!!!!!!!!!!!where Are All The High Rollers Going???????:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

kingsransomracing
09-13-2007, 03:16 PM
Raff...I was referring to this comment below...implying that watching just part of the racing is cheaper. thunderboatregatta.com says $30 for a 3 day pass.
If you wanna go and just watch the circle boats or drag boats its alot cheaper. Last year it was only $35 a head but there is always guys selling tickets in the parking lot for around $20 each.

raff
09-13-2007, 04:02 PM
going saturday to spectate.Right now thinking of how to get in and take my own beer for cheap.
I have some ideas!!:D :D
Last year we just walked right in with the ice chest full of beer.:D
For the price, it's not that bad, $40 per person for 2 days is pretty cheap. If we don't support these races, they go away, simple as that.
You can bring your own ice chest and food, you don't need to buy anything there, and you can take the shuttle from point to point.
SUPPORT YOUR RACES
We dont want to see these races go away.

WET HULL
09-13-2007, 04:36 PM
Where is the best view Crown Point or Fiesta Island? Are the shuttles easy to hop back and forth? We are going sat for anyone who is down there partying and wants to meet up.

Pheelin Phroggy
09-13-2007, 04:40 PM
we were going to come down and hang out.... but decided on Vegas instead... enjoy

PunkAssBitch
09-14-2007, 09:05 AM
We're camped on N. Fiesta Island & have a great viewpoint. We're packed in like sardines, but other than that, it's pretty ideal :)
Super passes are $60, which will get you in everywhere. For just Fiesta Island...$30...those are 3 day passes on both. there are no single day passes, except on Sunday. There are ways to get around paying those premiums though...;) :notam: LOL...just sayin'
There is general parking on Fiesta Island...don't know all the details of that yet..or other areas....but I can find out when I head back over there. Yes, there is lots of places to park nearby, however...there are 2 or 3 big events happening on the Bay this weekend, so parking may be brutal. ;)
Anyhoo...maybe I'll see some of you out there? We're in a 34' Weekend Warrior 5th wheel - & lifted gray F250 w/Loftis Motorsports sticker.

Havasu1
09-14-2007, 09:42 AM
I'll be watching from my back yard.:D I'm a few miles a way but a good view none-the-less. Plus, the fridge is only a short walk!:devil: We use to take a boat out and check it out from the water near the area where they drop the thunder boats in the water with a crane. To me, that was the best place to watch though I don't know how crowded that area is these days.

Mardonzi
09-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Where is the best place to set up on a boat to watch the event (being as I'm not from around here)??
I'll be launching at the ramp just east of Sea World

Havasu1
09-14-2007, 12:05 PM
Just east of the Ingraham Steet bridge (about 1000ft.) and South of where they launch the boats. As close the the race as you can get. You can work your way over there around Fiesta Island after you launch your boat. As for watching from the land, I would go with Fiesta Island.