PDA

View Full Version : Ouch

Cigalert
09-13-2007, 07:20 AM
I got a call at 6:30 am from one of my drivers. He said he was in an accident. While traveling south in middle lane on Harbor Blvd in Fountain Valley. There was a bus parked blocking the right lane. Someone swung out in front of him to miss the bus. They got trucked.
Hispanic woman, no insurance, no english. She had to call someone to translate to my driver. A 5 minute conversation turned into a 80 minute ordeal because she no speaka englas. FAWK!!!
He sure did a number on this thing.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g274/cigalert/Smashed%20Truck/002.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g274/cigalert/Smashed%20Truck/001.jpg

Infomaniac
09-13-2007, 07:26 AM
She would have been deported immediately if that happened in Oklahoma.
Illegals are leaving Oklahoma by the thousands.
Probably just like an apartment sprayed for roaches. They just went next door,. :D

OGShocker
09-13-2007, 07:27 AM
Why was he selling Ice Cream on the Harbor Fwy?
Glad everyone is OK.
Sorry she don't talk good english. Do you think he'll have to conversate with her?
:D

Cigalert
09-13-2007, 08:01 AM
Why was he selling Ice Cream on the Harbor Fwy?
We're having a 2 for 1 special on Push-Ups and Rocket Pops. He was just trying to move some product to the people. Ice cream products are the next UGGS.

Sleek-Jet
09-13-2007, 08:13 AM
I get swore at in Spanish every once in a while, for not speaking it, from some of our customers... I just laugh... :D

DeltaSigBoater
09-13-2007, 08:21 AM
We're having a 2 for 1 special on Push-Ups and Rocket Pops. He was just trying to move some product to the people. Ice cream products are the next UGGS.
Ice Cream Riiiight ;)

ChumpChange
09-13-2007, 08:26 AM
And now she is going to sue for millions. It's amazing that people who drive around without insurance can slam into the back of somebody and have no liability towards them (because they make no money to go after) but when you slam into one of them, our insurance companies pay them millions. And it gets even better if she is illegally here.:mad:

Cigalert
09-13-2007, 08:36 AM
^^^^^ My point exactly.
I have to pay outrageous workers comp bills ($40k was the last one) and I have to pay outrageous auto insurance bills. It's mainly to support all of the claims surrounding us. All the people submitting claims all affect the rest of us. I would really like to know how many auto insurance and worker's comp claims are submitted and or paid to illegals.

Baja Big Dog
09-13-2007, 09:33 AM
Cig,
You are screwed...any witness', the cops could care less, they will look around and say, "anyone see anything".
Do you trust your driver, reason for asking, if he was in the middle lane, and the bus is on the right side of the road, and someone cuts out to avoid the bus, the damage would be to what side of the truck?.......yep the right, and your truck in jacked on the left side. It don't add up unless your guy swerved to avoid the guy on the right and hit someone (non English speaking person) in the left lane, and if he hit her in the rear, its gonna be a problem, rear enders are NOT always the fault of the person hitting the car in front, but avoidance has to be proven, and if the guy that caused it is somewhere in San Diego right now your screwed!!! and with the lack of insurance they impounded her car right?
Was that 40k for six months, hell Ive had to write those fricken checks just for understating payroll!! Focken bastards!!
Good luck!!
Oh yea, check yor incomming call numbers, if you see 222-2222, your screwed!

Cigalert
09-13-2007, 09:41 AM
Cig,
You are screwed...any witness', the cops could care less, they will look around and say, "anyone see anything".
Do you trust your driver, reason for asking, if he was in the middle lane, and the bus is on the right side of the road, and someone cuts out to avoid the bus, the damage would be to what side of the truck?.......yep the right, and your truck in jacked on the left side. It don't add up unless your guy swerved to avoid the guy on the right and hit someone (non English speaking person) in the left lane, and if he hit her in the rear, its gonna be a problem, rear enders are NOT always the fault of the person hitting the car in front, but avoidance has to be proven, and if the guy that caused it is somewhere in San Diego right now your screwed!!! and with the lack of insurance they impounded her car right?
Was that 40k for six months, hell Ive had to write those fricken checks just for understating payroll!! Focken bastards!!
Good luck!!
Oh yea, check yor incomming call numbers, if you see 222-2222, your screwed!
Yeah 40k for 6 months. It's agrivating.
I trust my driver but I also let him know that if he "were" in the middle lane how did the damage occur on the left side. He said the truck pulled right when he applied the brakes. I then asked "why didn't you hit the bus?" He didn't know.