PDA

View Full Version : Az Rhino registration

jojoshow
09-13-2007, 12:58 PM
What forms do i need for the process? And any good tips for the required items/after market parts, etc..... Thanx for the help.

OutCole'd
09-13-2007, 01:04 PM
What forms do i need for the process? And any good tips for the required items/after market parts, etc..... Thanx for the help.
I used this company http://www.sierra-title.com/toys.html and it could not have been easier. I just sent them a package with the info and theY did it all. No inspection.

eman1625
09-13-2007, 01:07 PM
I used this company http://www.sierra-title.com/toys.html and it could not have been easier. I just sent them a package with the info and ther did it all. No inspection.
Exactly what he said.....super easy!

2Driver
09-13-2007, 01:09 PM
Call Sierra Title company in Phx they do the whole thing by mail. IF it is already an AZ rhino or MSO they dont even have to see the mods to be street legal. They are on the web.

Cole Trickle
09-13-2007, 01:16 PM
If it's registered in CA already you will have to go to the AZ MVD.
I went to the Parker branch and they verified the vin# and asked what I wanted to do. I advised street legal and she said ok(We were nice to her)
I didn't have any of the mandated gear and I am good to go.
I just let my on road reg suspend because I don't have a liability insurance policy. I will probably swap it to off road next year or reg non op as I don't use it on the road in AZ. Kinda pricy for one havasu trip a year.(Our place is in Parker on the CA side so I can't drive it on the road)

The Doctor
09-13-2007, 01:18 PM
I also used Sierra Title here in Phoenix. The DMV is there to tell you why-not where Sierra wants your money and they'll title it-even despite modifications.
http://drdirt.net/ranger.jpg

djunkie
09-13-2007, 01:35 PM
If it's registered in CA already you will have to go to the AZ MVD.
I went to the Parker branch and they verified the vin# and asked what I wanted to do. I advised street legal and she said ok(We were nice to her)
I didn't have any of the mandated gear and I am good to go.
I just let my on road reg suspend because I don't have a liability insurance policy. I will probably swap it to off road next year or reg non op as I don't use it on the road in AZ. Kinda pricy for one havasu trip a year.(Our place is in Parker on the CA side so I can't drive it on the road)
This is true. If you already have it registered in Ca. than Sierra tittle can not help you. I took mine to the Havasu MVD and it couldn't have been easier. They never checked for mirrors or anything. Just a VIN check and pay some money and they give you your plates on the spot. Just make sure you have proof of insurance and your pink slip in hand.

socalmofo
09-13-2007, 01:39 PM
This is true. If you already have it registered in Ca. than Sierra tittle can not help you.
Not true for me. Mine was registered in Cali and I called Sierra Title and they did everything. I now have an AZ plate. Didn't need proof of insurance or anything.

djunkie
09-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Not true for me. Mine was registered in Cali and I called Sierra Title and they did everything. I now have an AZ plate. Didn't need proof of insurance or anything.
Guess they just didn't want my money. They told me I needed a VIN verification. So Havasu MVD it was for me.

jojoshow
09-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Thanx fellas. I'm going to be working on this in the near future.

2Driver
09-13-2007, 01:50 PM
I think the diff is that if you own it already and are transferring it to AZ they don’t need to see it. However, if you bought it out of state ( not in your name yet) and are transferring ownership to your name then they need to see it. I have done about 5 of these and that is the issue - I think:D

kap
09-13-2007, 02:06 PM
OUTCOLE'd
Thank you for the referral and nice link.
I just sent off the documents Robin requested at Sierra Title, she indicated it would be a breeze.
Once again thank you for the great referral.
Very truly yours,
KAP

OutCole'd
09-13-2007, 02:11 PM
OUTCOLE'd
Thank you for the referral and nice link.
I just sent off the documents Robin requested at Sierra Title, she indicated it would be a breeze.
Once again thank you for the great referral.
Very truly yours,
KAP
No problemo! They took great care of me and many others I've sent here way. Glad to hear it's going to work good for you.

Dave4XTC
09-13-2007, 05:16 PM
I talked to them today, and all I need is VIN verification.
Where did you guys go to get VIN verification in Ca.?

OutCole'd
09-13-2007, 05:27 PM
I talked to them today, and all I need is VIN verification.
Where did you guys go to get VIN verification in Ca.?
Not sure if he can help, but you can try this guy. I would think they want an AZ verification.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160136