PDA

View Full Version : ARE OUTBOARDS SO RELIABLE???????????

TOBTEK
10-14-2002, 09:12 AM
THIS MUST BE PROOF THAT OUTBOARDS ARE SO RELIABLE THAT NOBODY HAS ANYTHING TO TALK ABOUT! Nothing has been said since Fri-11th! I guess we aren't like those car motor boats with outdrive issue's, blower motor's throwing rods out the sides of there cases. Ign/MSD systems failing.......ect/ect/ect!
Just mixing it up in here....whats up everyone? :D
[ October 14, 2002, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: TOBTEK ]

kab
10-14-2002, 10:02 AM
Toby- calm down. Your new boat will be out of the mold before you know it. I'm sure by the time its done Dave will be very happy to deliver it for you. I can picture you down @DCB every day! Look forward to seeing your new toy on the water.

kab
10-14-2002, 10:15 AM
Toby are you going to have DCB custom your seats so you can fit the LCD screens into them or is it a custom bimini with drop down screen? I know your going to install the new eclipse DVD/CD player with its own screen for the passenger, I was just wondering what I would be watching inthe back??

TOBTEK
10-14-2002, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by kab:
Toby- calm down. Your new boat will be out of the mold before you know it. I'm sure by the time its done Dave will be very happy to deliver it for you. I can picture you down @DCB every day! Look forward to seeing your new toy on the water.[
as a matter of a fact, im off tomorrow with plans of buggin the DCB crew! not sure if they started it last week :confused: . All the stereo equipment is orderd! hehehe its going to be stubid big! :D all Phoenix gold pro ti amps, one 600 2ch for the two 11 focal sub's and one Phoenix 500 4ch for the four 6.5 mids four 4.75 mids and 4 tweets's all speakers are focal composit's.....thinking two optima batt's just for stereo! this thing is gonna be slow because of the 2ton stereo!
KAB.....did you get out this weekend?

TOBTEK
10-14-2002, 10:21 AM
kab:
Toby are you going to have DCB custom your seats so you can fit the LCD screens into them or is it a custom bimini with drop down screen? I know your going to install the new eclipse DVD/CD player with its own screen for the passenger, I was just wondering what I would be watching inthe back??:D :D my stereo adviser(dave ki
limas) wanted to do this! one LCD in the dash....but no! didnt do it

kab
10-14-2002, 10:29 AM
No LCD screen I guess I wont be riding in your boat :D Whats ok you probably won't be able to see the screen very well in the sun light. Your will be lucky to hit 80 with all that stereo stuff, remember no matter how many speakers you install its still just a boat with tons of open air.

TOBTEK
10-14-2002, 11:17 AM
KAB...... filling sick yet? thinking we should take your twin out and kill some gas tomorrow! :D

ZSARGO
10-14-2002, 11:53 AM
TOBTEK:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by kab:
Toby- calm down. Your new boat will be out of the mold before you know it. I'm sure by the time its done Dave will be very happy to deliver it for you. I can picture you down @DCB every day! Look forward to seeing your new toy on the water.[
as a matter of a fact, im off tomorrow with plans of buggin the DCB crew! not sure if they started it last week :confused: . All the stereo equipment is orderd! hehehe its going to be stubid big! :D all Phoenix gold pro ti amps, one 600 2ch for the two 11 focal sub's and one Phoenix 500 4ch for the four 6.5 mids four 4.75 mids and 4 tweets's all speakers are focal composit's.....thinking two optima batt's just for stereo! this thing is gonna be slow because of the 2ton stereo!
KAB.....did you get out this weekend?WELL I AT LEAST KNOW OF A BOAT / SPEAKER ON WATER THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO SPANK. YOU MIGHT EVEN BE ABLE TO HEAR THE STEREO AT 80MPH (TOP SPEED) NOTHING KILLS SPEED ON CATS WITH OUTBOARDS LIKE WEIGHT. BUT YOU YOU GOTTA HAVE THE TUNES. CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR THAT BAD BOY. MY BUDDIE HAS A WPM WITH 9 TWELVES IN THE BOW, TWEETERS AND MIDS EVERYWHERE. PROBABLY RUNNING 1500 WATTS. FUN STUFF.
[ October 14, 2002, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: ZSARGO ]

kab
10-14-2002, 12:30 PM
Toby if I take you for a ride in the twin you going to hate yourself for buying a single. :D Actually I'm heading out this weekend and next weekend.

TOBTEK
10-14-2002, 12:59 PM
kab:
Toby if I take you for a ride in the twin you going to hate yourself for buying a single. :D Actually I'm heading out this weekend and next weekend.you MAY be correct.....but I had to come to a compromise with wifie...She wanted a openbow criser like a lavey XTski, great boat but not what I wanted. So im thinking I did ok with a outboard tunnel, even if it only has one motor. Im not real concerend about top speed if it does high 80's with a skiable prop I'll be happy. So I will thump on the beach, and if I fill the need to scare myself I'll ask KAB for a ride!!!!HOW ABOUT TOMORROW??????? :D

kab
10-14-2002, 01:25 PM
I guess you got lucky she let you get the super single. I'll gladly take you for a spin, soon. Not tomorrow. I wish I could go but I gotta get something done around here before they fire me. :D

TOBTEK
10-14-2002, 01:37 PM
kab:
I guess you got lucky she let you get the super single. I'll gladly take you for a spin, soon. Not tomorrow. I wish I could go but I gotta get something done around here before they fire me. :D YOUR RIGHT! sold a new BMW to one of your bosses the other night...asked if he knew you....dohhhhhhh your being watched.....J/K did sell a new car to a "lifer" the other night though.

kab
10-14-2002, 02:06 PM
We don't make enough to buy those cars!! Must have a job on the side. :rolleyes:

TOBTEK
10-14-2002, 02:51 PM
kab:
We don't make enough to buy those cars!! Must have a job on the side. :rolleyes: CERTIFIED USED CAR! way cheaper, free 100,000 miles warranty 2.90% financing and BMW makes your first payment....OK ill stop, starting to sound like a salesman..ewwwwwwwwww
18yr manager with SDGE downtown somewhere....

jm2drvr
10-14-2002, 08:39 PM
the waiting is the hardest part hey tob! We gotta hook up next year, I want to hear that stereo eek!

kab
10-15-2002, 06:37 AM
TOBY I cant believe that BMW is still selling cars. We have a 2000 528 that whenever it needs service they give us a toyota tercel or worse, if we had bought a Mercedes they give you a mercedes to drive while your car is in the shop. Maybe next time our car neeeds service you could hook us up.

TOBTEK
10-15-2002, 07:22 AM
kab:
TOBY I cant believe that BMW is still selling cars. We have a 2000 528 that whenever it needs service they give us a toyota tercel or worse, if we had bought a Mercedes they give you a mercedes to drive while your car is in the shop. Maybe next time our car neeeds service you could hook us up.I agree that BMW of N.A's service loaner program sucks ASS! MBZ and LEXUS that I know of gives back its dealers a huge amounts of money every month to help pay for these loaner cars. I for our dealer am also in charge of enrolling vehicles into our serv loaner plan, at one point a few years back I had 25 NEW BMW's enrolled. It was costing our Dealer on the average of 36,000.00 per month to keep these cars on the road! Sounds crazy I know but very TRUE!(payment's, gas,repair,bodyshop repairs,ect) And the customers sucked worse than the program it self. Our cars were comming back scratch and dented, smoked in, filthy and the tipical response was "I didnt do that!" I think you will see in the VERY near future that must dealers of average size will be going the route of rentalcar agency in there own dealership! We did about a year ago and it has free'ed up many,many hours of employee's time, and many,many thousands of dollars to the dealer! Most people wouldn't EVER believe this, but Its very hard to break even or turn a profit in a "highline" dealers service department! Almost everything is warranted not customer pay, which the dealer only gets paid what the manufacture fills is fair(dealer takes it in the pooper!)....ok way to long winded, so for you my friend KAB....when you need something for your car let me know! Its all WHO ya Know.....right! wink