PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Dana Stevenson Electric a.k.a. Quiet Cool Fans

lewiville
09-13-2007, 08:31 PM
It was only a matter of time when this phuck nut was going to lose his license. This guy stuffed me about $25,000 in advertising and kept advertising everywhere.He would always tell me that he was going to pay me. Mean while this retard moves into a 15,000 square foot office building in Temecula and cant even pay the rent there. So now the office building is suing him for $2 million for breaking his contract with them. He took off during the night and bailed on them. He has been stiffing his customers, not giving refunds etc. So, now its time to sit back and watch him go down in flames, as he should for taking food out of my kids mouths. I would bet that the news crews are going to pick this up pretty soon. Here's his suspended license. look up his contractor number 649745
http://www2.cslb.ca.gov/CSLB_LIBRARY/License+Detail.asp

lewiville
09-13-2007, 09:06 PM
one thing i forgot to add, the product that he has is a whole house fan system. His primary business is being a electrician

lewiville
09-13-2007, 09:22 PM
Is he the owner of the Quiet Cool fan company or just an installer selling theirs products. The reason I ask is we've been considering their products, but I don't want any problems.
Also, your link doesn't work.
SB, they just suspended both of his licenses as of 9-13. He is the manufacture of the product and the installer. I just looked him up in the county court system and he has about a dozen lawsuits going against him. One that was just stated and about a month and half ago. A home owner is suing him for $4900 because of faulty grounding and they wont come back and fix it.
I fixed the link and added his lic # so you can look him up. Total scum bag.
If your looking for the system, I have a client in OC that is making the same thing but better, here is the link www.smartbreezesystems.com
let me know if I can help with anything else.

YeLLowBoaT
09-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Better file vs him Asap... that way you have a chance to seeing some cash.

lewiville
09-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Better file vs him Asap... that way you have a chance to seeing some cash.
how do i have a chance to collect if he has back to back lawsuits? He has lawsuits that rang from $4900 to $2 million.

YeLLowBoaT
09-13-2007, 09:36 PM
btw I looked up his other CL(00837095)... seems FTB is after him as well.
If you wait until after he files for bankruptcy your chances of seeing anything are gone, more so with FTB on him. Filing right now gives you a slim chance of seeing some cash.( maybe a few thousand, but its better then nothing)

C-2
09-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Agreed, a BK petition is probably in his near future.
What company are your invoices with - him as an individual, or one of the two corporations?

lewiville
09-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Agreed, a BK petition is probably in his near future.
What company are your invoices with - him as an individual, or one of the two corporations?
both him and the Quiet Cool company.

C-2
09-13-2007, 10:11 PM
both him and the Quiet Cool company.
Him as an individual or under the company names, or both? How much?
If this guy is going down, about the only shot you will have is to sue him quick and start trying to collect before he goes BK. If you can sue him personally, then you are way ahead of the game, that's why I ask how your services/invoices are structured.
Also consider - if you are an individual, you can sue for up to $7500 in small claims. The other superior court litigation will take time to litigate, but the small claims process moves pretty quickly. Depending upon how your invoices are structured and whether or not it is an "open book" account, you might be able to file several small cliams suits. True, not $25K, but you are not a "secured" creditor and if he goes BK, then you most likely will not receive anything. Better to grab something, than nothing.
His wifey is showing as owner of records for the Loretta address.

WishIknew
09-13-2007, 10:22 PM
go

lewiville
09-14-2007, 08:31 AM
sounds like you know something that I dont
If this guy is going down, about the only shot you will have is to sue him quick and start trying to collect before he goes BK. If you can sue him personally, then you are way ahead of the game, that's why I ask how your services/invoices are structured.
Also consider - if you are an individual, you can sue for up to $7500 in small claims. The other superior court litigation will take time to litigate, but the small claims process moves pretty quickly. Depending upon how your invoices are structured and whether or not it is an "open book" account, you might be able to file several small cliams suits. True, not $25K, but you are not a "secured" creditor and if he goes BK, then you most likely will not receive anything. Better to grab something, than nothing.

HokeySon
09-14-2007, 09:12 AM
sounds like you know something that I dont
You have to get assets now! Filing a lawsuit is just the precoursor. You have to reach out and grab assets. If he doesn't have anything, you might be better off to just take the bad debt deduction then to bother with trying to collect.
I do this all the time, but I may be too expensive for a $25,000 debt. Call me if you want to just talk about what you can do -- Hot Boat special -- no charge for initial consultation. :) ;)
562-316-1476

HokeySon
09-14-2007, 09:30 AM
Also consider - if you are an individual, you can sue for up to $7500 in small claims. The other superior court litigation will take time to litigate, but the small claims process moves pretty quickly. Depending upon how your invoices are structured and whether or not it is an "open book" account, you might be able to file several small claims suits. True, not $25K, but you are not a "secured" creditor and if he goes BK, then you most likely will not receive anything. Better to grab something, than nothing.
C2 --
Once again you have a good handle on things. Some more info for you (in case it might help in your business): Most transactions within 90 days preceding a BK filing are subject to being voided (basically, undone). But, if you have delivered goods to a debtor on credit you can probably repossess them before someone else latches onto them -- you have to move quick and follow the right procedures. Oh, and it helps if you have thought about the possibility of not getting paid and used a good contract form.
Anyway, you seem like you have dealt with a lot of this stuff before. thought maybe this info might come in handy for you someday.

lewiville
09-14-2007, 12:58 PM
bump for others to see and not get burned

C-2
09-14-2007, 01:04 PM
C2 --
Once again you have a good handle on things. Some more info for you (in case it might help in your business): Most transactions within 90 days preceding a BK filing are subject to being voided (basically, undone). But, if you have delivered goods to a debtor on credit you can probably repossess them before someone else latches onto them -- you have to move quick and follow the right procedures. Oh, and it helps if you have thought about the possibility of not getting paid and used a good contract form.
Anyway, you seem like you have dealt with a lot of this stuff before. thought maybe this info might come in handy for you someday.
Oh yeah, worked many cases too and am pretty familair with the entire BK process, insiders, the 90 day preferrential claim treatment, adversary claims, means test etc etc. And also collecting judgments (post judgment), which as we both know, is kind of too little, too late.
lewiville, let this thread die if you are going to pursue it, take it to PM's and phonecalls, because undoubtedlky somebody on here personally knows this guy.
I too will give you some ideas if you wanna talk, and please note down my info cuz I will remove it within a day or two.

HokeySon
09-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Oh yeah, worked many cases too and am pretty familair with the entire BK process, insiders, the 90 day preferrential claim treatment, adversary claims, means test etc etc. And also collecting judgments (post judgment), which as we both know, is kind of too little, too late.
We should get together some time --- I could probably use your help on some stuff -- more than half my work lately has been collection and debtor/creditor work.
Actually, just got done representing a judgment debtor in a case where the plaintiff lawyer was a general litigator who thought it would be real easy to collect but had never done collection work. Ran circles around him and he ended up paying me sanctions. Man, that was fun. But creditors pay the bills

Baja Big Dog
09-14-2007, 06:16 PM
Was this a corporation?:confused:

BoatFloating
10-03-2007, 11:28 AM
bump for others to see and not get burned
Looks like he's still out there working it. I saw a infomercial this morning for Quiet Cool on Ch 27 Temecula's local station on Fios. name of the company is now Southwest Electrical Enterprises INC. #893524 It's under Dana Stevenson and His Wife Tammie. It show association date of 3/28/07 and Dana disassociation date of 9/14/07. The plot thickens....