PDA

View Full Version : SDO real estate???

BadKachina
09-14-2007, 07:31 AM
We are looking to buy a vacation home in SDO. What cities or areas would be better? I would also like rv parking so I can take my boat there. I know nothing bout SDO except the regular tourist stuff. What kind of price ranges could I expect?
So much for buying a Cigarette..............:rolleyes:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-14-2007, 07:33 AM
:confused: What is SDO?

ChumpChange
09-14-2007, 08:16 AM
San Diego Oceanside?

westair
09-14-2007, 08:36 AM
From what I can tell its near water. Does that help?

TOBTEK
09-14-2007, 08:48 AM
SAN DIEGO area somewhere? Rancho Santa fe? La Jolla? Del Mar? SDO im assuming is San Diego somewhere.

westair
09-14-2007, 09:05 AM
SAN DIEGO area somewhere? Rancho Santa fe? La Jolla? Del Mar? SDO im assuming is San Diego somewhere.
Should be able to find something there with RV parking for about 5 mil.

BadKachina
09-14-2007, 04:43 PM
I meant San Diego. That's funny, years of working in the frieght industry, and we always abreviated San Diego SDO.:) I guess it's imbedded in my head.
Anyhow, I'm looking in San Diego.

Jordy
09-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Baller. :notam:
Coronado is nice. :D

BadKachina
09-14-2007, 04:44 PM
Should be able to find something there with RV parking for about 5 mil.
Well if that's my only option, I guess I will be buying a Cigarette.:eek:

BadKachina
09-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Baller. :notam:
Coronado is nice. :D
Yes it is. My grandparents had a place there, they bought in the 50's for less than 30k, sold it in the eighties for a couple of hundred thousand. I can only imagine what it's worth now..............

Wheeler
09-14-2007, 04:47 PM
We are looking to buy a vacation home in SDO. What cities or areas would be better? I would also like rv parking so I can take my boat there. I know nothing bout SDO except the regular tourist stuff. What kind of price ranges could I expect?
So much for buying a Cigarette..............:rolleyes:
Try this link
http://www.realtor.com/sandiego/nbregion.asp?st=ca&poe=realtor
San Diego Real Estate - Find Homes in San Diego at REALTOR.com

Jordy
09-14-2007, 04:48 PM
I can only imagine what it's worth now..............
Looks like you're buying a Cigarette... :D

BadKachina
09-14-2007, 04:50 PM
Looks like you're buying a Cigarette... :D
She's really not interested in my boat buying fantasy at this time........I gotta play the vacation house thing out first, plus my parents are on board so this could be a really sweet deal for me.;)

BadKachina
09-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Try this link
http://www.realtor.com/sandiego/nbregion.asp?st=ca&poe=realtor
San Diego Real Estate - Find Homes in San Diego at REALTOR.com
So what areas of town are nice, but not Beverly Hills nice and not on the beach but not an hour from the beach? Maybe even a condo and I could store my boat at a marina.

socalmoney
09-14-2007, 05:01 PM
Here is my advice.
Get this guys news letter and book and study up
http://www.realestatetiming.com/
Then start driving around SD and figure out the neighborhoods you would like to live in. Get a map and start plotting all the sales so you know where things are headed. Get a hold of a good foreclosure list for the area or a real estate pro who knows the area. Have cash in hand and just wait. If you do your homework, you will find the perfect place for a price you will be very happy with. You will need to dedicate a lot of time to research if you want it to work for the best.
You could also attend these meetings. Lots of good info and leads.
http://sdcia.com/

DeltaSigBoater
09-14-2007, 05:13 PM
So what areas of town are nice, but not Beverly Hills nice and not on the beach but not an hour from the beach? Maybe even a condo and I could store my boat at a marina.
Mission Valley is a very nice area - 15 minute drive to the beach/Mission Bay/Boat Launch, Qualcomm Stadium, Trolley Station, Mission Valley Mall, Fashion Valley Mall 5 minutes, Costco, Restaurants, Old Town 10 minute drive, 15 Minutes to Airport/Downtown, just to name a few.
Look West of San Diego State (off I-8, East of I-15), East of I-5 (since you dont want to be near the beach), North of I-8 (Trust Me On This), and South of the 52.

Wheeler
09-14-2007, 07:27 PM
I lived in La Jolla 25 years ago, so much has changed and since I do not know your needs, I really can be of little or no help. I have been considering Bonsall myself.

BadKachina
09-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Look West of San Diego State (off I-8, East of I-15), East of I-5 (since you dont want to be near the beach), North of I-8 (Trust Me On This), and South of the 52.
Thanks for the ideas. I would love to be on the beach, but I doubt I could swing it. Being a few minutes away will be fine though. Most of all being able to escape the 110+ degree temperatures of Phoenix in the summer, even if it's just on the weekends, will be amazing...........

Jordy
09-14-2007, 09:36 PM
Most of all being able to escape the 110+ degree temperatures of Phoenix in the summer, even if it's just on the weekends, will be amazing...........
It actually sucks. We had the Balboa Island house for July and August and every weekend it got harder and harder to come back to Phoenix. Not to mention the commute. Oh, and the change in climate is enough to get ya sick as well. Going from 112 to 78 and back to 112 in a couple days time just about kicked my ass. I'm still kind of fighting it. :(

Outnumbered
09-15-2007, 12:39 AM
If you get a place an hour in from the coast you will not get much relief from the heat. Even though it will be 10 degrees cooler it will feel just as bad with the humidity (SoCal peeps may not think it is humid there but after living here and going back you can really feel it). The only way you will get the real relief is to be very close to the coast and that means $$$.

Classic Daycruiser
09-16-2007, 11:06 AM
If your looking to get away from the heat, Forget about San Diego...it's to far to really make it a Summer Retreat from the heat. (6 hours one way without traffic).
Try Munds Park (8000 feet) near Flagstaff. 90 miles up the I-17. We leave Friday at 7pm, and opening the first beer at 8:30-8:45PM. Get up Monday morning and leave the cabin at 7am, and your at work by 8:30-8:45am
Vacation Homes work if your with in a 3 hour drive. For Arizona, this means Flagstaff or Payson to Springerville areas. You'll get more bang for the buck, and you won't feel beat after every weekend.
Prices have come down a lot on second homes, and there are good deals.