PDA

View Full Version : How hard can it be Hot Boat?.....

Water Romper
09-14-2007, 08:08 AM
OK gang, first and foremostÂ…I am the farthest thing from a magazine editor but after reading this months Hot Boat issue (yes, they have a magazine) I was wondering how hard can it be to MATCH THE DISCRIPTION TO THE FRIGGIN PICTURE? :confused:
Please refer to page 94, regarding the “La Sleek C’est Chic” article about a home resto job on a “flattie”…why can’t the descriptions of the pictures match the actual picture?
Wouldn’t the “Proof Reader” or “Lay Out Design” person catch this before it went to print? Anyway…..the boat turned out nice and looks like a lot of hard work went into the re-furb job…:D

EAZYKILLER2006
09-14-2007, 08:16 AM
hmmm... so, your saying hot boat has a magazine?;)

Kilrtoy
09-14-2007, 08:21 AM
In there defense, they are not boaters, so you could stick a a DCB cat and a Cigerette V-bottom in front of them and they might not know the difference

Havasu_Dreamin
09-14-2007, 08:22 AM
Maybe the new owners fired all of the proof readers as well? :confused: :idea:

phebus
09-14-2007, 08:30 AM
Maybe the new owners fired all of the proof readers as well? :confused: :idea:
You will see change with the new ownership. What you are reading now was done before the change.

EAZYKILLER2006
09-14-2007, 08:32 AM
In there defense, they are not boaters, so you could stick a a DCB cat and a Cigerette V-bottom in front of them and they might not know the difference
what is this magazine you speak of?
hey http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/phlint/My%20Pics/Myspace%20posting/anim199.gif
miguel whats up?

Lightning
09-14-2007, 08:33 AM
I catch typos and all sort of errors every month. What I think they need to do is take their time and read them on the toilet like the rest of us. There will be no distractions and they will be better able to focus.

Goad
09-14-2007, 08:36 AM
everyone keeps talking about this change to look forward to....
when is going to be the first issue of this new great magazine that will please everyone?

Havasu_Dreamin
09-14-2007, 08:47 AM
You will see change with the new ownership. What you are reading now was done before the change.
Oh, I'm well aware of that one. Just walked out to the mailbox and got my Powerboat and Hot Boat. Wonder who the manufacture dujour will now be for Hot Boat given the new owners.....

Havasu_Dreamin
09-14-2007, 08:49 AM
everyone keeps talking about this change to look forward to....
when is going to be the first issue of this new great magazine that will please everyone?
I didn't know anyone said the change would be great? We'll see.....

phebus
09-14-2007, 08:53 AM
The first changes you will see wil be in the Nov/Dec issue, the majority of the changes will be in the Jan issues on.
Good or bad? We will see, but I think any change will be an improvement.

Water Romper
09-14-2007, 08:57 AM
.....it still says Larry Flint is the publisher...are we to assume Flint Productions does not own the mag anymore (or did he ever?)
I hope the new owner produces more than 100 pages per issue...this month has 99 pages...I would think coming off another boating season there would be more "stuff" inside....maybe their reporters cant find any "boat stuff" to write about, I guess between the West Coast and our East Coast HB buds, there just arn't any more boats to write about!
Looks like we need to start submitting our own "Readers Reads" along with the "Readers Rides" to help them fill their magazine. On the other hand..I did get a cool "glow in the dark" T shirt:D

mbrown2
09-14-2007, 09:32 AM
You need to know about boats to catch proofreading changes...
Sorry but the Mag is so one dimensional now....you can skim it in 10 minutes...same advertisements, no innovation...the hot boat section in the back was a great addition and I always like the tests....but the rest just seems like advertising...and very canned layout.

Water Romper
09-14-2007, 12:09 PM
You need to know about boats to catch proofreading changes...
Sorry but the Mag is so one dimensional now....you can skim it in 10 minutes...same advertisements, no innovation...the hot boat section in the back was a great addition and I always like the tests....but the rest just seems like advertising...and very canned layout.
Agreed...
It reads more like a "sponser" magazine that are handed out at race events.
...........and 10 minutes is about right...

Classic Daycruiser
09-14-2007, 12:12 PM
I guess this is a good place as any
RD SUX'S

DeltaSigBoater
09-14-2007, 12:17 PM
So now that the magazine is under new onership... I wonder if they are going to bring back the Hot Boat Calander?

C-2
09-14-2007, 01:12 PM
Wonder who the manufacture dujour will now be for Hot Boat given the new owners.....
DING DING DING
That's a winner.
Quite the coup d'Ă©tat, that there purchase.:eek:

Havasu_Dreamin
09-14-2007, 01:20 PM
DING DING DING
That's a winner.
Quite the coup d'Ă©tat, that there purchase.:eek:
Yep, definitely...Changes, they are a comin.....

Jbb
09-14-2007, 02:22 PM
I guess this is a good place as any
RD SUX'S
SUX'S...?...:p

Baja Big Dog
09-14-2007, 06:21 PM
For all of you "insiders" in the know. Would you be so kind as to share your wealth of info to those of us still in the dark?
A. Who are these new owners?
B. Is the editorial staff going to change or just the ownership.
C. Are we finally going to get some good coverage of watercraft that the average person can afford like Bayliners and Seadoos? (just joking)
Rio
Kinda like pullin teeth aint it!!!!:mad:

Sleeper CP
09-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Oh, I'm well aware of that one. Just walked out to the mailbox and got my Powerboat and Hot Boat. Wonder who the manufacture dujour will now be for Hot Boat given the new owners.....
Am I to infer that there was a favorite?
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

pspoolman
09-14-2007, 06:59 PM
They must be ballers... I just sent my renewal to Beverly Hills.

Old Texan
09-14-2007, 07:21 PM
The DCB would be the one with the reeds hanging off the transom from the spinout.......:devil:

OCMerrill
09-14-2007, 08:12 PM
SUX'S...?...:p
You know, Bryan...
I am pretty sure it's written in French.
You know just like Idiotte...:mad:
:D

Redneck
09-14-2007, 08:20 PM
or confuse a DCB with a swamp buggy