PDA

View Full Version : You Californians....SUCK!

DILLIGAF
09-14-2007, 08:28 AM
lol......Read all the reader comments at the bottom. Yep, Havazoo is the place to be :)
http://www.havasunews.com/articles/2007/09/04/news/news01.txt

Riomouse911
09-14-2007, 09:07 AM
Hmmm.. being one of the few that were born in Las Vegas and left, I bet on the holiday weekends a lot of Californians go to jail there, too.
The sad thing isn't the location where the clown was from, it's that the clown chose to drive 4,5,6 hours through the desert and act terminally dumb and get arrested/cited. I have an idea for the Mohave County Courts, have the guilty ones spend 40 hours sometime between May and September picking up trash on the side of the highway. After a couple of days in the heat, and heading home with skin "with the look and feel of hand-tooled leather", they'll tell all their friends,"Hey, dont be a clown in LHC or you'll get to do that, too."

BEER&WATER
09-14-2007, 09:18 AM
how many people are FROM havasu!!!!
most everyone came from some place other than havi

GHT
09-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Damn Tom... I read all the comments and I realized that drama is everywhere not just here at HB... Holy crimany!!
I could have swore that was a HB thread..:rolleyes: :idea:

BEER&WATER
09-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Lol!!!!!! How Many Did Not Get Cought ?????
And Had A Good Time . Like Regular

DILLIGAF
09-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Damn Tom... I read all the comments and I realized that drama is everywhere not just here at HB... Holy crimany!!
I could have swore that was a HB thread..:rolleyes: :idea:
lol....I know, there is some crazy comments in there. As the world turns....and shit
:)

IDRPSTF
09-14-2007, 10:28 AM
Makes me sick. I live here and love listening to people go on and on about how they hate Californians, they drove up the housing market and throw money around and act like life is a party. News flash!!! Havasu is a destination vacation town. People show up to have fun.. and having fun can cost money. And if the locals stopped treating vacationers like sh%$t and making so many laws its hard to keep up they may be able to make enough money from the tourists to live in a town where the cost of living has increased on par with the rest of the country. This town is full of homes but has very little commerce. Not everyone that bought a home has a local business or works in a local store. The housing market is dropping causing builders and those in real estate to find an alternate means of income. But its a flood of workers in a town with little work. I employ 6 people between 2 businesses in town and get swamped with applications every week. Unfortunatly I am watching retail sales drop off as vacationers are going elswhere. I am not afraid to ask around and I get the same two answers. "We dont go to Havasu because we want to have fun without being arrested". and "We get treated like sh^%t at local resteraunts and hangouts".
So now as a business owner paying into this city I look to next summer and wonder if its worth it. Should I let everyone go and move the business back to California? Las Vegas is looking good for growth and premotes tourism? Or should I roll the dice on Havasu one more year and hope the attitude of an entire town changes? Its all a gamble. A gamble with my money. ANd thats money that came from California.

CAHotRodBoy
09-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Las Vegas is looking good for growth and premotes tourism? .
Vegas has it's low points too. But, probably more potential for business and a greater pool of employees.

phebus
09-14-2007, 04:32 PM
Makes me sick. I live here and love listening to people go on and on about how they hate Californians, they drove up the housing market and throw money around and act like life is a party. News flash!!! Havasu is a destination vacation town. People show up to have fun.. and having fun can cost money. And if the locals stopped treating vacationers like sh%$t and making so many laws its hard to keep up they may be able to make enough money from the tourists to live in a town where the cost of living has increased on par with the rest of the country. This town is full of homes but has very little commerce. Not everyone that bought a home has a local business or works in a local store. The housing market is dropping causing builders and those in real estate to find an alternate means of income. But its a flood of workers in a town with little work. I employ 6 people between 2 businesses in town and get swamped with applications every week. Unfortunatly I am watching retail sales drop off as vacationers are going elswhere. I am not afraid to ask around and I get the same two answers. "We dont go to Havasu because we want to have fun without being arrested". and "We get treated like sh^%t at local resteraunts and hangouts".
So now as a business owner paying into this city I look to next summer and wonder if its worth it. Should I let everyone go and move the business back to California? Las Vegas is looking good for growth and premotes tourism? Or should I roll the dice on Havasu one more year and hope the attitude of an entire town changes? Its all a gamble. A gamble with my money. ANd thats money that came from California.
I live here too, and the element that that worrries that they might be arrested for having "fun" is the type of element I hope they drive out. For the people I know, having fun and complying with the law is no problem.

Todd969
09-14-2007, 05:13 PM
I live here too, and the element that that worrries that they might be arrested for having "fun" is the type of element I hope they drive out. For the people I know, having fun and complying with the law is no problem.
Dude, lay off the gatorade, it's messing with your spanglish.

ol guy
09-14-2007, 05:42 PM
What A f#CKING joke!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been going to that lake since the 60's (as a kid) and stayed with people that lived in town up MC BLVD, I saw the dredge for the bridge and was in the channel for the cerimony. Now a bunch of people move to the ciyy and call it their own and to hell with any vacationers. I will admit alot of people go anywhere and get treated bad and it is their actions that bring this on. BUT hey guess what that would be known as a tourist town. My big question is where did all the complainers come from if not California? I'll take a shot and say either Oregon or Washington, Drive into either state and see how you are treated and you'll get my point especially with a california plate on your'e vehicle.

Baja Big Dog
09-14-2007, 06:02 PM
Would all the Havasu natives please stand up!!!
Besides chainsaws, what else is made in Havasu, oh wait a minute, where is that chainsaw plant????:confused:

Ultrafied
09-14-2007, 06:03 PM
Very good, I agree!

Mrs.Racer277
09-14-2007, 06:26 PM
I have never been treated like shiat from any of the residents or establishments there. Some of my best friends live in Havi. And when we are in town us girls make sure to shop and try to bring business to the local retail shops. :D
I have had great service from the water co., cable co., and a few that have gone out of their way for me knowing that I am out of town. Cinnomon (sp?) plumbing, 3-d mail box, tiles gallore and even the co. that put in my cabinets all went the extra mile for us doing little things that they did not profit from.
As for the residents in Havasu they are the best.:) Check on my house, water plants inside for me, call when there are events going on so I am included.
Sometimes I wonder why I come home at all. :(

shueman
09-14-2007, 06:41 PM
Very good, I agree!
+1 from me... :cool:

shadow
09-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Great post Phebus!

shueman
09-14-2007, 07:33 PM
Less we forget, McCulloch moved his business from Cali....:rolleyes:

BajaMike
09-14-2007, 07:59 PM
They out to have state money...so all the whiners can find out who's paying their bills.
I don't really care, my potato chip will never get quaggaed in Havazoo...
What??:confused:

Baja Big Dog
09-14-2007, 08:04 PM
Less we forget, McCulloch moved his business from Cali....:rolleyes:
Point being, where ever he moved it from, where is it now?
And when you have a street called Industrial road, and best thing on that street is a Mexican restaurant you have a problem.
There is no industry in Havi, period, and yes if you want to call boat builders industry (which they are) good, it doesn't take a crystal ball to say where the boat builders will be in another 5 years or so, does it?:confused:
Im not sayin the locals need to kiss out of state peoples ass's, but don't diss us just because we want to bring a little money into your (Ill say yours because you live in it full time, Ive owned homes in Havi for over 35 years, but I don't consider it "my" town!!) town. Do you realize how much money is generated with a drunk in "publik" ticket?

Old Man Havasu
09-14-2007, 08:36 PM
I've heard comments from "locals" but the companies that take my money have no complaints.
I talked to a "manager" at Bashes on the south side where I have a house and was told that business on the weekends was way down. I see few if any boats in the parking lot on Saturday morning loading the boat for a day on the water.
Tonight I went to the Bashes Deli and left because it was virtually empty of product at 7 PM.
No California money?
But the launch ramps are empty! :D

Baja Big Dog
09-14-2007, 08:59 PM
I've heard comments from "locals" but the companies that take my money have no complaints.
I talked to a "manager" at Bashes on the south side where I have a house and was told that business on the weekends was way down. I see few if any boats in the parking lot on Saturday morning loading the boat for a day on the water.
Tonight I went to the Bashes Deli and left because it was virtually empty of product at 7 PM.
No California money?
But the launch ramps are empty! :D
Kinda wierd aint it?? Go to the local pubs, they are dying, they claim its the smoking laws....bull shit, there aint no peoplez!!!!

ol guy
09-14-2007, 09:12 PM
First comment is I do not in any way condone the actions of people on vacation that leave the brains and common courtisy at home. I'm from california and see the way things have gone and am not real happy with the representation that has been put out. I vacation also south of the border and don't look at the plate of the car that just swerved into town or ask the people where the came from I just watch the show. I'll try this one "how long have you been in havasu and where did you come from". Then ask yourself who and what made that city what it is today. Then you can go to a city council meeting and ask why they just approved another club in town. I'm sure it was for the senior citizen meetings. I got a better idea why don't you all rally for manditory safe boating certifacates to operate any type of vessel. Believe me that will empty up the lake and bankrupt the city that lives on vacation revenue. When your'e done with that go back home and clean up what you ran from in the first place!

phebus
09-15-2007, 05:15 AM
There are some interesting new comments today. One mentions DILLIGAF. :D

DILLIGAF
09-15-2007, 06:34 AM
There are some interesting new comments today. One mentions DILLIGAF. :D
Can't......I have to go check it out :)
HAHA....Thats pretty funny. It is just like the HBF's
:)

TheCarDudes
09-15-2007, 07:34 AM
So next time I get stopped for anything I'll just give them my AZ I.D. card in addition to my CA driver's license so the stats lean toward AZ. haha :D :D
I have never been nor do I intend to be pulled over either on the streets or on the water for DUI/OUI.
I am a newbie here. I don't have any leg to stand on since I am just a guest in YOUR town. Are you kiding me? I guarantee I contribute just just as much to the economy of Havasu as I do in California. Our family, as well as other friends here, have made a considerable investment in to real estate and the constant support of boat shops, grocey stores, Walmart, restaurants, etc. We are just a little bit more than the weekend warriors jamming up to have a good time.
Nevertheless, I agree about keeping a certain element out of Havasu. BUT, it is very difficult to distinguish with absolute certainty where you draw that line since everyone has their own opinion about exactly where that line is and when people cross that line. Yes, there are some obvious examples and nobody likes to be around those people. Agreed.
I don't even go through the channels half as much as I used to unless I have some house guests staying with us and I want to shown them the circus. One pass and usually we are gone. I'll only hang out in the channel if it is half empty or during the week. So almost never.
Just my $.02 as a Californian.
Carry on.

IDRPSTF
09-15-2007, 09:54 AM
I take the time to drive around and ask local business owners how things are going in town. Most have had to make cut backs on employee's this past summer as they did not have nearly as many people walk through the door as years past. Labor day was a wakeup call for anyone hanging a Havasu business licence. Someone on this board mentioned Bashes on the south side. Memorial day weekend Bashes had a huge beer display and creates of watermelon that went out on the floor Thursday evening. Guess what was still standing and still full by Tuesday? Same goes for those 3 foot long deli sandwiches that we used to be able to buy for $8.99. They jacked the prices to $14.99 just before labor day and had a full bin on Sunday. Those prices are set for tourists... not locals pulling minimum wage. So if you run the tourists out of town, who will pay $15.00 for a burrito at Javalina? Or who will pay $10.00 for a sndawich and fries at Indigoes? And if nobody will go to those local places to eat how will the waitresses and bartenders make any money for rent or groceries at Bashes (Especially if Bashes has bumped up the prices)?
It all trickles down from tourism dollars. Because the money WILL NOT come from local industry. As it has been said before, this town has no local industry. You can complain all you want about the Californians coming to town and being irresponsible by drinking and causing trouble. Look at most of the local teens and twenty somethings? How many have DUI's? How many have court appointed anger managment classes? How many are single parents by 20? Premote industry! Give them something to do and work for! Have the city offer tax breaks and welcome business owners to bring jobs to this town. Then we call fill all of these empty houses. then we can give these kids something to do all day. And then we can watch the city improve as oppesed to bitching and complaining all day that the tourists come from California and make problems. If it wasnt for California dollars this town would not exist.

USCFAN
09-15-2007, 10:00 AM
So next time I get stopped for anything I'll just give them my AZ I.D. card in addition to my CA driver's license so the stats lean toward AZ. haha :D :D
I have never been nor do I intend to be pulled over either on the streets or on the water for DUI/OUI.
I am a newbie here. I don't have any leg to stand on since I am just a guest in YOUR town. Are you kiding me? I guarantee I contribute just just as much to the economy of Havasu as I do in California. Our family, as well as other friends here, have made a considerable investment in to real estate and the constant support of boat shops, grocey stores, Walmart, restaurants, etc. We are just a little bit more than the weekend warriors jamming up to have a good time.
Nevertheless, I agree about keeping a certain element out of Havasu. BUT, it is very difficult to distinguish with absolute certainty where you draw that line since everyone has their own opinion about exactly where that line is and when people cross that line. Yes, there are some obvious examples and nobody likes to be around those people. Agreed.
I don't even go through the channels half as much as I used to unless I have some house guests staying with us and I want to shown them the circus. One pass and usually we are gone. I'll only hang out in the channel if it is half empty or during the week. So almost never.
Just my $.02 as a Californian.
Carry on.
I couldn't agree more....

DeltaSigBoater
09-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Who did what and where they are from is not the issue, instead think of it as a economic wakeup call…
In some economic markets when businesses raise their prices when the geographical location plays key role in supply, that will raise demand regardless. In this economy consumers are willing to pay more for the goods and services that are offered.
A good example is Hawaii, since a high percentages of goods have to be imported so the supply is limited. And since most visitors/tourist cannot get to Hawaii via their own transportation, do to its geographical location, it is costly for them to bring unnecessary items (own food, drinks, personal affects) with them, thus they are forced to purchase these goods once there. The local economy is sustained thanks to the visiting consumers.
In other types of economic markets when businesses raise their prices (because they feel they can) and when supply stays relatively unchanged, that can greatly lower the demand for the goods & services offered to all consumers, having an adverse effect on the local economy. Currently Lake Havasu is a good example of this economic imbalance.
I am willing to bet that most visitors/tourist that go to LHC, drive there in their own cars, trucks, motor homes, etc., no matter where they live whether it be Arizona, California, Nevada, or Utah. With that being said if visitors are getting price gouged by businesses for whatever reason, human nature is to find other means. That can suggest that one would purchase all their food, drinks, and supplies for their trip at home and bring it with then. Then they are only purchasing what is needed (ice, gas, misc.,) having very little financial interaction with local businesses.
So now we have people bringing most everything from home, because they do not want to be over charged, and have bad service experiences by the local businesses. If this sort of financial behavior continues, this is going to damage the local economy to almost unbearable conditions. As result crime will go up, property values will go down even more, and people will stop coming to Havasu, not only during boating season, but also during the snowbird season.
Though I’m not a Havasu regular, I occasionally make an appearance there from time to time :)

plaster dave
09-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Amen
I take the time to drive around and ask local business owners how things are going in town. Most have had to make cut backs on employee's this past summer as they did not have nearly as many people walk through the door as years past. Labor day was a wakeup call for anyone hanging a Havasu business licence. Someone on this board mentioned Bashes on the south side. Memorial day weekend Bashes had a huge beer display and creates of watermelon that went out on the floor Thursday evening. Guess what was still standing and still full by Tuesday? Same goes for those 3 foot long deli sandwiches that we used to be able to buy for $8.99. They jacked the prices to $14.99 just before labor day and had a full bin on Sunday. Those prices are set for tourists... not locals pulling minimum wage. So if you run the tourists out of town, who will pay $15.00 for a burrito at Javalina? Or who will pay $10.00 for a sndawich and fries at Indigoes? And if nobody will go to those local places to eat how will the waitresses and bartenders make any money for rent or groceries at Bashes (Especially if Bashes has bumped up the prices)?
It all trickles down from tourism dollars. Because the money WILL NOT come from local industry. As it has been said before, this town has no local industry. You can complain all you want about the Californians coming to town and being irresponsible by drinking and causing trouble. Look at most of the local teens and twenty somethings? How many have DUI's? How many have court appointed anger managment classes? How many are single parents by 20? Premote industry! Give them something to do and work for! Have the city offer tax breaks and welcome business owners to bring jobs to this town. Then we call fill all of these empty houses. then we can give these kids something to do all day. And then we can watch the city improve as oppesed to bitching and complaining all day that the tourists come from California and make problems. If it wasnt for California dollars this town would not exist.

IDRPSTF
09-15-2007, 02:11 PM
Hawaii is a perfect example. When you are 100's of miles from any other large town you are on an island.

DAVEO
09-15-2007, 02:26 PM
This is my take on havasu.. After all the stories about the crashes and the drinking and all the deaths. That is one place I have no desire to go. If you look at all cities with large waterways and lakes in the country. I bet most deaths and injeries are from drunk boaters. Cant just blame california on that. Havasu is the only large waterway in so. cal. in turn everyone goes there.
Just my 2 cent

Lavey5150
09-15-2007, 02:41 PM
Wah-Wah-Wah:sleeping: , cry me a fogging river, w/ out the influx of Ca $ Havasu would be dead in the water....................

centerhill condor
09-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Wah-Wah-Wah:sleeping: , cry me a fogging river, w/ out the influx of Ca $ Havasu would be dead in the water....................
he got it.
CC

IDRPSTF
09-15-2007, 03:12 PM
To prove I know where my bread is buttered: Frisky Business 31 S. Acoma Lake Havasu City will now offer a 15% discount when you show your out of state drivers licence. We welcome tourists and vow to treat them right, and you've got my work on that. You show up in town and decide to shop at my store and I will show you that I appreciate you making the trip. This was put into effect at 2:00 todayn 08/15/2007.
Also available at www.FriskyBusinessOnline.com
And should you make the drive from out of town and PURCHASE a boat before Oct 1st 2007 from SmugglersInc. I will give you your money back for Gas to Havasu, Money back for your hotel stay, and fill a full tank of gas in the boat at a local Havasu gas station as a way of saying thank you for making the trip to our fair little town.
I put my money where my mouth is. Anyone else care to step up?

3 daytona`s
09-15-2007, 04:39 PM
To prove I know where my bread is buttered: Frisky Business 31 S. Acoma Lake Havasu City will now offer a 15% discount when you show your out of state drivers licence. We welcome tourists and vow to treat them right, and you've got my work on that. You show up in town and decide to shop at my store and I will show you that I appreciate you making the trip. This was put into effect at 2:00 todayn 08/15/2007.
Also available at www.FriskyBusinessOnline.com
And should you make the drive from out of town and PURCHASE a boat before Oct 1st 2007 from SmugglersInc. I will give you your money back for Gas to Havasu, Money back for your hotel stay, and fill a full tank of gas in the boat at a local Havasu gas station as a way of saying thank you for making the trip to our fair little town.
I put my money where my mouth is. Anyone else care to step up?
Mathew, I have been all over this USA,in college towns,military towns,and in resort towns.I can tell you if you do not realize just because you butter the bread it does not matter.People,residents do not appreciate some outsider arriving in their community and thinking their shit does not stink. I can promise you the next year or two are going to shake out the real deals and the talkers. IMO

phebus
09-15-2007, 04:42 PM
Who did what and where they are from is not the issue, instead think of it as a economic wakeup call…
In some economic markets when businesses raise their prices when the geographical location plays key role in supply, that will raise demand regardless. In this economy consumers are willing to pay more for the goods and services that are offered.
A good example is Hawaii, since a high percentages of goods have to be imported so the supply is limited. And since most visitors/tourist cannot get to Hawaii via their own transportation, do to its geographical location, it is costly for them to bring unnecessary items (own food, drinks, personal affects) with them, thus they are forced to purchase these goods once there. The local economy is sustained thanks to the visiting consumers.
In other types of economic markets when businesses raise their prices (because they feel they can) and when supply stays relatively unchanged, that can greatly lower the demand for the goods & services offered to all consumers, having an adverse effect on the local economy. Currently Lake Havasu is a good example of this economic imbalance.
I am willing to bet that most visitors/tourist that go to LHC, drive there in their own cars, trucks, motor homes, etc., no matter where they live whether it be Arizona, California, Nevada, or Utah. With that being said if visitors are getting price gouged by businesses for whatever reason, human nature is to find other means. That can suggest that one would purchase all their food, drinks, and supplies for their trip at home and bring it with then. Then they are only purchasing what is needed (ice, gas, misc.,) having very little financial interaction with local businesses.
So now we have people bringing most everything from home, because they do not want to be over charged, and have bad service experiences by the local businesses. If this sort of financial behavior continues, this is going to damage the local economy to almost unbearable conditions. As result crime will go up, property values will go down even more, and people will stop coming to Havasu, not only during boating season, but also during the snowbird season.
Though I’m not a Havasu regular, I occasionally make an appearance there from time to time :)
Great post.

3 daytona`s
09-15-2007, 04:50 PM
Mathew, I have been all over this USA,in college towns,military towns,and in resort towns.I can tell you if you do not realize just because you butter the bread it does not matter.People,residents do not appreciate some outsider arriving in their community and thinking their shit does not stink. I can promise you the next year or two are going to shake out the real deals and the talkers. IMO
Before you respond all pumped up,think of something please.The town was started years ago did have an industry and for what ever reason dried up,that is a non issue to me.There was some one who did pay for the original streets,sewer,BRIDGE on and on.I keep shaking my head when someone blows into Dodge with a Piss-Pot full of money thinking he is the "MAN" I can tell you will always side with the "LOCALS" sorry:confused:

Mrs.Racer277
09-15-2007, 05:51 PM
http://www.friskybusinessonline.com/
I have never been in there. I will make sure to stop by next time we are in town.:)

Jbb
09-15-2007, 07:20 PM
I have to wonder why is it that LHC seems to have such rampant crime by....I guess tweekers.....[not the brightest criminals I would guess.]
I read over and over on these forums about people who's stereos,boats, trucks ect....are broken into.....Is law enforcement that lame there that this is a problem out of their reach?
Makes me wonder if the local PD are just that overwhelmed ..or is it just a case of misguided priorities.....
With all the crime I read about there......and I have been for so long......somebody isn't doing a very good job.....and If that's the case, as it appears to be ....why are you locals .....who I would guess are victims too....not jumping on the mayor, or city managers desk......demanding answers...

Tom Brown
09-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Makes me wonder if the local PD are just that overwhelmed ..or is it just a case of misguided priorities.....
The PD is too busy processing drunks to deal with the real crime. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif

spectras only
09-15-2007, 07:59 PM
......demanding answers...
JBB , they all got transfered for duty in the CHANNEL :idea:. No time policing the town :D

Jbb
09-16-2007, 06:47 AM
The PD is too busy processing drunks to deal with the real crime. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
JBB , they all got transfered for duty in the CHANNEL :idea:. No time policing the town :D
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: .................:p

Boozer
09-16-2007, 07:36 AM
So I tried to post on that website but it said my comment must first be approved.... So much for that comment. Censorship sucks!
Oh yeah F*ck Havasu. The local want to whine and tell Californians to go elsewhere I say that you go elsewhere Californians. You take away the money that you are bringing into that town and it won't be much of a town for very much longer.

IDRPSTF
09-16-2007, 10:32 AM
I didnt walk into this town with a pot full of money. I walked in with a downpayment on a fixer upper house, enough to start a dealership for high end toys and enough to stock and pay rent on a retail store. From day one I have shown up at work when its dark and left when its dark. It took 7 months for my wife and I to spend a day on the water together that was not considered work. But the attitude of rich boy from California was directed from the beginning. I sat at Chamber meeting listening to people complain about the "Big Boats that have no place on the water". Thats what I sell, and those big boats run on $1000.00 of gas per day. I dont see gas trucks with California plates filling up boats at peoples homes before they hit the water, so local stations get that money. I take clients to Martini Bay and Che Bones when they buy something to introduce them to the local nightlife. I visit other dealerships to buy bid trade ins and help premote local business to business relationships. So no I did not walk in with a suitcase full of money and start my two stores as a hobby while I bask in early retirement. I walked in with a downpayment on the American Dream to build a brick and morter business in a town with growth potential. I give 2 single mothers a paycheck 2 times each month as a reliable source of income. 1 girl is now off full government assistance due to my employment and another puts food on the table each night for her and her family. The other store allows a semi retired man and his son to supliment a dwindleing government check. So shame on you for your accusation of me walking in and starting industry with a bottomless bank account! And lets not forget that one mans vision and hard work paid for the bridge, and the streets. And if your last name isnt McCulluch then step down from your pedestool because you have no right to judge or point fingers at who does what when they roll into dodge. The "Locals" in this town are dealing with low wages and high unemployment. We are on an island in the middle of the desert that is turning away visitors and the well earned dollars they bring. This town NEEDS those dollars or we will fast become what anyone would become if left alone on an island... you call it isolated... I call it stranded.
And this isnt me responding all Pumped up... I am just working on a Sunday!

phebus
09-16-2007, 11:41 AM
I think you transferring blame to the city of Havasu, rather then looking at the impacts the housing market has had on tourism. Look at the amount of boats for sale right now, and talk to the boat manufacturers and ask them how busy they are right now. There is no doubt that the boat industry as a whole is afffected big time right now, and with the slowdown, comes a ripple effect to tourism traffic, and dollars spent.
Don't blame a poorly timed business decission to enter the luxury toy market on the city.

IDRPSTF
09-16-2007, 12:22 PM
I have in no way said that SmugglersInc has slowed down. I have however watched the retail store drop in the last few months. My dealership does not depend on locals or local business. This is not to say that I do not appreciate either. I have a worldwide market with worldwide advertising. I opened in Havasu based on 365 days of fresh water sea trail time in a lake capable of handling 18 foot flat bottoms to 46 foot Skaters. I will be expanding out to Las Vegas in the near future but have no plans to close the Havasu office. I love Lake Havasu City and that is why I am so passionate about its overall improvement. I take a lot of flack for standing up and saying what is on my mind. But I also back it up with actions. Positive actions I hope.

NvrL84Fun
09-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Agreed. I sure dont hear these people quoting any of the benefits from the extra tourism dollars, revenue, and the like. It would be very interesting to know how many people here complaining, were actually born in Havasu, thereby making them a true "local". I am one of the very very few people that I know that were actually born in Cali, so, does this give me the write to behave the way that you guys are?
I think some of you guys need to think back to your younger days and remember some of the "fun" you had that could have gotten you into trouble. There are people who are trouble, always have been, and always will be, but to take the attitude that by virtue of purchasing property, this now makes you the local, I say again . . . . OH PLEASE!

DILLIGAF
09-19-2007, 03:00 PM
I just made a comment on the subject on the paper website. Lets see if it shows up or not :)