PDA

View Full Version : EZ ups that fly...

Throttle
09-14-2007, 05:19 PM
yep saw it today in the channel... peeps looked like they were camping for a week without any boats (yes the boat (s) were out while others saved space on the point in the channel:idea: ...) then a gust of wind came and it was up up and away... accross and over 3 boats... all of them with some minor damage, however how would you feel if you had a brand new eticket on the water (did not even have numbers painted on it yet) OUCH! :mad:
peeps didn't seem to give a crap, let alone take any responsibility... :mad:

Redneck
09-14-2007, 05:22 PM
yep saw it today in the channel... peeps looked like they were camping for a week without any boats (yes the boat (s) were out while others saved space on the point in the channel:idea: ...) then a gust of wind came and it was up up and away... accross and over 3 boats... all of them with some minor damage, however how would you feel if you had a brand new eticket on the water (did not even have numbers painted on it yet) OUCH! :mad:
that ez up is at the end of the channel all mangled but left for someone else to pic up.

Throttle
09-14-2007, 05:23 PM
figures...

BadKachina
09-14-2007, 05:25 PM
that ez up is at the end of the channel all mangled but left for someone else to pic up.
I was wondering where I left that.:confused:

ahhell
09-14-2007, 05:28 PM
if its a 12 footer I need one of the side rails....:rolleyes:

BoatFloating
09-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Happened to my buddies new Howard Bullet at Moabi a couple years ago. The difference is the guy who owned the Ez Up offered to pay for the gel repair.
These people are responsible for the damage that Ez Up caused whether they give a crap or not. Period.....

Kilrtoy
09-14-2007, 05:29 PM
Damn Mexicans

phebus
09-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Chipped the gel on the Lavey, put a hole in the Magic's bimini, and scratched the gel and windshield on the E-Ticket.
I would have gone BeaverRetriever on them. :D

BadKachina
09-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Chipped the gel on the Lavey, put a hole in the Magic's bimini, and scratched the gel and windshield on the E-Ticket.
Ouch!!!:mad:

Throttle
09-14-2007, 05:33 PM
not pretty...

Scarab Jet
09-14-2007, 05:54 PM
Damn Mexicans
:rollside: LMAO...

Redneck
09-14-2007, 06:04 PM
we had an ez up go airborne one time at lake silverwood. It was a cool site until I realized it was going to crash and destroy it. Nothing like swimming out after a mangled mess.

Redneck
09-14-2007, 06:05 PM
we had an ez up go airborne one time at lake silverwood. It was a cool site until I realized it was going to crash and destroy it. Nothing like swimming out after a mangled mess.

Havasu_Dreamin
09-14-2007, 06:09 PM
That sux. And the people who own the EZ-Up did not even offer to pay for the damages? And WTF, saving a spot again...some people

USCFAN
09-14-2007, 06:37 PM
That definetly sucks.

HemiDude
09-14-2007, 07:44 PM
I guarantee you they would be paying up if that were my boat that got damaged....:devil:

Baja Big Dog
09-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Was out at Willow Sprigs today, saw a flying EZup take out a guys vette!!! He was a little pissed, oh yea, it was his EZup!!! Dumbass!!!

WishIknew
09-14-2007, 10:45 PM
Happened to my buddies new Howard Bullet at Moabi a couple years ago. The difference is the guy who owned the Ez Up offered to pay for the gel repair.
These people are responsible for the damage that Ez Up caused whether they give a crap or not. Period.....
Money from someone at Moabi:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D good luck:eek:

PaPaG
09-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Money from someone at Moabi:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D good luck:eek:
I know who I would have sent in to collect the cash :D

WishIknew
09-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Jimmy Slap Aka Tony S

PaPaG
09-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Jimmy Slap Aka Tony S
Exactly, I heard he serves a mean one

SummerBreeze
09-15-2007, 06:12 AM
I sell E-Z UP insurance :D
it's $1200.00 per year with a $500.00 deductable

topless
09-15-2007, 06:51 AM
Jimmy Slap Aka Tony STony Scarlotta?????? I didn't know he had aliases.:idea: :idea: :idea:

TheCarDudes
09-15-2007, 07:06 AM
This has worked for us pretty well. Our Easy Ups have sustained some decent winds in Moabi. Needless to say, we keep them pretty far away from the boats up the sand from the water line.
5 gallon buckets from Home Depot or Walmart. Need 2 per Easy Up. Filling them with water makes them 30 lb plus weights and obviously weigh nothing for transport. 4 Motorcycle tie down straps (Walmart cheapy) to each bucket from the corners. (2 from the sides will do but 4 is optimum).
So for less than $30 you have yourself a quick and easy system to anchor down the Easy Up.

That Guy
09-15-2007, 07:16 AM
LMAO.....:D :D

3queens
09-15-2007, 08:01 AM
should have taken all there raider gear
:devil:

Cigalert
09-15-2007, 08:08 AM
I'm smellin an animated gif using kilr's channel blast creating a potpourri of ez-up's dashing to-and-fro.

Kilrtoy
09-15-2007, 08:09 AM
OH no you didn't.
I would have gone mexican Jerry Springer and Beaverretriever on them

BadKachina
09-15-2007, 08:11 AM
OH no you didn't.
I would have gone mexican Jerry Springer and Beaverretriever on them
I would let my pitbull loose on them and blasted them with a train horn.:idea: ;)

Scarab Jet
09-15-2007, 08:35 AM
I sell E-Z UP insurance :D
it's $1200.00 per year with a $500.00 deductable
Now... that's funny...:rollside:

SHOTKALLIN
09-15-2007, 08:36 AM
This has worked for us pretty well. Our Easy Ups have sustained some decent winds in Moabi. Needless to say, we keep them pretty far away from the boats up the sand from the water line.
5 gallon buckets from Home Depot or Walmart. Need 2 per Easy Up. Filling them with water makes them 30 lb plus weights and obviously weigh nothing for transport. 4 Motorcycle tie down straps (Walmart cheapy) to each bucket from the corners. (2 from the sides will do but 4 is optimum).
So for less than $30 you have yourself a quick and easy system to anchor down the Easy Up.
Do they make billet paint buckets? This is hot boat you know:D

No Name
09-15-2007, 09:03 AM
I guarantee you they would be paying up if that were my boat that got damaged....:devil:
Looks like we have us a Billy bad ass in the houseĀ….:D

redneckgirl
09-15-2007, 12:42 PM
TheCarDudes5 gallon buckets from Home Depot or Walmart. Need 2 per Easy Up. Filling them with water makes them 30 lb plus weights and obviously weigh nothing for transport. 4 Motorcycle tie down straps (Walmart cheapy) to each bucket from the corners. (2 from the sides will do but 4 is optimum).
That's what we do at swim meets!!!! :D
RNG

plaster dave
09-15-2007, 01:37 PM
I would have gone postal on them!!!!!:mad:

phebus
09-15-2007, 04:23 PM
I would have berated and badgered them like a Site 6 "helper" :D

LEADFOOTjosh
09-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Exactly, I heard he serves a mean one
you want a fresh one?? LOL

Riomouse911
09-15-2007, 10:25 PM
One summer years back we were lounging on a beach between Needles and Topock, and a monster dust devil came ripping through the camp one beach South of us. Plastic bags, chips, chairs, everything just goes airborne, and then the EZ up followed.. all the stuff was about 50 feet up, swirling out over and into the water. Some bags of something even landed on the Az side, it was a sight.
About an hour later the boat pulls back up, and the folks are all in an uproar, thinking some clowns trashed their stuff and getting all pissy with us like we let it happen. We told them about the swirly, and only when they found a bag of stuff across the river did they believe us...