PDA

View Full Version : Is it History ?

Floatin'
06-24-2002, 09:47 AM
I have a johnson 140 and was running it this weekend when the horn started to sound, I shut it down and checked everything and couldn't find any problems......long story short I started running it again and the horn was blasting away and finally the motor just shut down. I later found that the oil injector line had come off. The motor seems to be running ok again but I was wondering if they have a saftey feature that shuts them down before any damage is done or isit hust a matter of time before this motor is history?

snappertapper
06-24-2002, 04:45 PM
first of all unhook the oil injection always on a johnson secondly my brother just fried his 2001 90 johnson because if it, and yes it probly has some damage done

Rickracer
07-21-2002, 04:23 AM
Definitely do away with the VRO system. You can either use a regular fuel pump (non-VRO) from an older V-4, or convert to an electic pump. Myself, I hate having to pump the bulb, so I always go electric. I would definitely do a compression check on that motor before running it anymore, if it shut down, you have probably already hurt it. frown

snappertapper
07-21-2002, 06:21 AM
you do not need to change pumps if you unhook the vro just simply cap off the oil line

liberator21
08-23-2002, 11:04 PM
HEY FLOATIN' YOU CAN DO A COMP. CHECK, BUT HEAD GASKETS ARE ABOUT 80 BUCK, YOU CAN TELL A LOT MORE BY PULLING THE HEADS. IF YOU DO DISCONECT THE VRO YOU WIIL NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT AN OILING PROPLEMS AGAIN.