PDA

View Full Version : SSS Show, Kick in the Sac Award goes to,,,

Trailer Park Casanova
09-15-2007, 01:58 PM
It was as big and as bold as ever. A really good show.
It's huge.
The SSSS takes up about 3/4 of the Orange County Fairgrounds, and that's a show.
Inside and outside displays. Everything for sale.
I know a lot of the owners of the big sand car building companies, not from the dunes or being active with closeure issues,, but from the Sundance Sandbar.
The mortgage crisis is starting to effect their sales we're told because many bought their toys with equity lines, or re-fi's, but not that far outta whack.
RV's still have good financing, and they can be written off outright, so they may take less of a hit in the changing market.
The hands down, most popular RV at the show is the Weekend Warrior FTL 40 to Fifty foot toyhauler.
They are distinctively apart from the rest of the RV makers with this particular unit.
I sat in one waiting for the rest of the family and listened to the comments of the "browsers".
Same gripes as they've heard over the past few years,, mostly from the moms, and groups of moms.
WW doesn't want to hear it, their minds are made up.
One mom told the factory rep: "You guys are $200 away from getting it right, and ya still don't get it".
Another group of moms: "You guys need a kick in the nutsack".
Duning chix are rough on the help.
Buying an RV and getting a girls take is really important I've stressed over the years. Chix see important quality of life features myopic guys overlook.
For instance, look over an RV ya really like. Then walk your squeeze through it and hear her takes. A real eye opener.
First thing she looks at how difficult is it going to be to do certain things guys will never do.
"Oh yea baby, that might be a problem". If she isn't happy,, ain't no one gonna be happy.
The displays of all the accessories, and cars and toys was mind boggling compaired to the first years show.
They do a teriffic job with the show. It's great.
The beer and cocktail gardens were in full operation, and some of the food was excellent.
The crowd is excellent too.
The displays were good, lot's of new stuff this year.
Free parking, kids free, $10 bux adults,, a good day for a good price.

BajaMike
09-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Where in Costa Mesa is it? The fairgrounds?
:idea:

stoker
09-15-2007, 03:25 PM
Fair Drive and Newport Blvd

havasu5150
09-16-2007, 06:18 AM
Biggest show I've seen yet. Lots of nice equipment

rvrjunkie
09-16-2007, 06:52 AM
I'm going today. Can not wait, I am in the mood for a rhino.:idea:

rvrjunkie
09-16-2007, 07:19 AM
We sold both our Rhinos yesterday at the show. :D
Sounds like I am a day late.:)

Sherpa
09-16-2007, 08:35 AM
I'd really like to attend something like this event..... the biggest issue by far
is geographic............ it's along haul for a "something-to-do" on a saturday
for us.......
maybe someday..........
--Sherpa
thanks for the write-up Ross........

prkr247
09-16-2007, 09:26 AM
Great show. The traffic has been great. We have been very busy, the show is huge with so much to look at. Come on down, its a great time.
Mike

prkr247
09-16-2007, 09:27 AM
They were both kind of presold to people that called us and said they would be buying them at the show. The fact that they both actually showed up and paid was kind of a surprise.
Hey, what booth are you guys in. It would be great to meet you.

EAZYKILLER2006
09-16-2007, 09:36 AM
we are heading down in about an hour...

prkr247
09-16-2007, 09:50 AM
we are heading down in about an hour...
See you soon. We are in Booth 6317, come by and say hi.
Mike

prkr247
09-16-2007, 01:04 PM
Not working today. I'm a sub, so I worked the booth yesterday out of the goodness of my heart. Go check out my work, CA Sand Sports/Tatum of Temecula. I do all the wiring and stereo work. There's a green/black/silver Rhino front in front that has an huge stereo and a brand new blue Black Widow w/ an LS7 and a really cool stereo. I managed to get a 12" sub in that Black Widow, up in the passenger side footwell. :D
Stereo's look great. What a great location! Your work is clean. Sorry I missed ya.

bohica
09-16-2007, 08:14 PM
If you ever need anything done, let me know. I'm mobile and will come to your location. Thanks for the compliments.
Shockwave Bob,
Did you do the stereo in Toby's old Rhino? The amp quit working a few weeks ago and I need someone to take a look at it. I thought it was you that wired it all up, if so I could use some help.

bohica
09-17-2007, 05:44 AM
Yes, I did. Give me some symptoms. Is it not even powering up? There's a big fuse holder under the amp rack with an AGU fuse in it.
PM sent, thanks

RaceFace
09-17-2007, 06:21 AM
Biggest show I've seen yet. Lots of nice equipment
Yeah, it was a good show. The biggest one I've been to in 3 years. One thing I noticed is the buggies that were $80k to $100k last year were going for $40-$50k this year. Chalk up another one for a slow economy.
Definitely some nice stuff there!!!

RaceFace
09-17-2007, 07:50 AM
They're not the same buggies, most likely. A lot of manufacturers have added lower priced offering to their lineup. The company I do most of my sub work for has added a $40-50k car and has a dual sport car that will start at $70k. Of course, we had a $140k car and a $150k car in the booth, both sold.
Well the ones I saw, of course had SOLD signs already on them, had full blown custom paint, all billet, leather 4 seater interior, full travel suspension, and Corvette motors...2 of them priced at 44k and 49k. They were there as you walk in the gate. The ones last year like that were $85k+. Looked like a good deal to me.

HokeySon
09-17-2007, 10:04 AM
Stereo's look great. What a great location! Your work is clean. Sorry I missed ya.
I looked long and hrd at your stuff. Very nice work. Sorry about the drool marks!

RaceFace
09-17-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm not arguing with what you saw, but you couldn't build a car with full blown custom paint, all billet, long travel suspension and an LS2 for $44k, let alone sell it for that. The paint, tranny and motor alone would be $35k just to get it in the door. Sounds like a great deal.
Yeah Bob, thats what blew me away!! As you said above, just the costs of several components alone would exceed the sales price. I did a triple take and even showed the wife the price (with the sold signs). Her reaction..."Youre too anal to have a custom painted sand car like that. You would be freaking out anytime anyone scratched it or even climbed into it wrong!"
SERENITY NOW!!!! :D
If you dont mind me asking, how much did you get for the Rhinos you sold there?

RaceFace
09-17-2007, 06:11 PM
$38k for the Red one in my avatar and $40ish for the green one. The green one is not done yet, it's getting a rear wing with lights, car to car radio and intercom. I didn't have time to put those in, seeing as how they showed up Thursday afternoon. :rolleyes:
Very nice!!! Congrats!! I wish I knew where you were, I would have stopped by and said "Hi" and seen your work. :D :D
It was a big show this year...and will be bigger next year, Im sure.