PDA

View Full Version : Hit and run on my boat last night

socalmoney
09-16-2007, 09:33 AM
Look what I woke up to this morning. What is wrong with people? No note, knock at the door, nothing. I heard a noise last night around 1am and didn't get up. I thought it was the cats playing with something in the house. I was out of it. Walked the block for a focked up silver vehicle since there are flakes of silver paint left behind, didn't see anything. I guess it will come out of my pocket. Wish I called Wozencraft back on my quote. Oh well. At least my hull is undamaged.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39273&stc=1&d=1189963846
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39274&stc=1&d=1189963879
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39275&stc=1&d=1189963916

TheCarDudes
09-16-2007, 09:37 AM
That sucks bro. An accident is an accident. Seems like you are reasonable and would have understood if they accepted resposibilty and at least left you a note to call them to get it fixed. Not happy, but reasonable.
I wish people would just man up to responsibility more often rather than run and hide. Just sucks.

boatnam2
09-16-2007, 09:38 AM
man that sucks,i would keep a eye out for the truck may turn up.

EAZYKILLER2006
09-16-2007, 09:52 AM
darn sorry to hear this happened, where did it happen?

RitcheyRch
09-16-2007, 10:06 AM
That sucks.

CoolCruzinCobra
09-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Lucky the hull didn't get hit.

Outnumbered
09-16-2007, 10:20 AM
Check and see if any of your neighbors saw anything. Chances are they are in the area.

Classic Daycruiser
09-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Maybe the drunk party will sober up in the morning and feel lucky they didn't get a DUI and return and pay you for it all. At least the boat is not damaged and it looks towable with duct tape.
I'd be more pissed if someone knocked on my door all drunk, telling me they hit my trailer, than knocking on my door in the late morning telling me they had backed into my trailer. Give it a day...maybe they will man up and fix it for you.:D :D :D
they didn't steal anything?

ol guy
09-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Hey socal, that really sucks. good thing it didn't tag the hull! I would be looking for a very low car the impact area shows a low profile vehicle (rice burner) If It had been a truck or SUV the damage would be higher and alot more extensive, especially for the hull itself. Good luck Mark

Captain Dan
09-16-2007, 11:58 AM
man that sucks,i would keep a eye out for the truck may turn up.
hmmm, very interesting observation - noone mentioned a truck...

Trailer Park Casanova
09-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Sorry to read it.
I know how you feel.
Get the same thing from time to time in Laughlin.

DeltaSigBoater
09-16-2007, 12:07 PM
That sucks to say the least, wait a couple days to see if any one owns up, look on the bright side at least they didnt hit the boat!

BoatPI
09-16-2007, 12:51 PM
Let's see..do you think the driver was DUI? ...at 1 am?

socalmoney
09-16-2007, 12:54 PM
I have walked my dog around the block several times today looking at cars. He is thrilled, never been on so many walks in one day. I talked to a bunch of neighbors and I might pass out print outs with my contact info. Got the fender pulled out. Should be fine to tow.
I am thinking it is a small car with painted bumpers. Lots of paint flaked off and they left a wheel weigh behind. Had the cops take a report incase I find the person. Wanted a recored of the damage.

topless
09-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Sorry to hear this. I got hit once in the Stater Bros parking lot and they left a note, took full responsibilty, and paid. Very cool of them when they could have just left. Some people sux...............kinda like RD.:D

OCMerrill
09-16-2007, 02:01 PM
I would be willing to bet he also scored the tire and messed up the rim/wheel as well.
Dude that sucks. I hate that shit.
My chummy neighbor backed up into my Jeep about a month ago. He said nothing to me about it but two different neighbors across the street saw it happen and they knocked on my door.
Bent up my tow bar mount but nothing to bad. But still...
I haven't said anything to him yet. Karma will pop his cork eventually. If not I will at some point. Like when he is standing there with Jumper cables late for work again or one of the other many issues the dumb shit has.

socalmoney
09-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Well nobody bothered to come apologize today. My kid found a chunk of side wall in the street also. I wonder if they drove away with a flat. Pried the fender out of the tire, now the kids can step on that one. haha.

lalhc
09-16-2007, 09:56 PM
That is a big bummer. I know how you feel. Someone hit my boat this summer while it was parked in a slip at the Islander. They took a big chunk of gel out of my boat and didn't say anything. I am still pissed that a boater would do that and not leave a note.

No Name
09-16-2007, 10:39 PM
Lucky the hull didn't get hit.
For sure, could have been a lot worse.
Sorry about your bad luck socalmoney.:(

Hardly Satisfied
09-17-2007, 07:11 AM
OUCH, Sorry to hear

Jyruiz
09-17-2007, 07:35 AM
That sucks, hope it is not to expensive to fix.

socalmoney
09-17-2007, 08:06 AM
People are going to assume I backed into something. I might get some vinyl letter and spell out hit and run on the rear step. haha.