PDA

View Full Version : Sea doo boat ran aground on sand bar !

Blown Lavey
09-16-2007, 05:55 PM
Last evening we were just leaving the sandbar around dusk and we see this sea doo boat coming down river.
We look at each other as this guy is coming up to the sandbar at 35-40 mph and not slowing down. He doesn't slow down and charges right up and on and almost through the sandbar throwing all the passengers (4) around in the boat and almost rolling the boat in the sand when it hooks. Yard sales the crap in the boat everywhere. I walked it off and he traveled roughly 120 ft through the sand.
We go check to see if everyone is ok and all are ok except one guy who has a golf ball size lump on his forehead. Well 2 hrs of towing yanking and pulling and we managed to drag him off and back in to the water thanks to another pontoon boat that had extra rope and 8 people pushing and yanking.
After all is said and done the guy thanks us and proceeds to head back up to Topock. My buddy and I were a little pissed to say the least. No offer to pay for the anchor rope he ruined, dinner, beer, 20 bucks for gas etc. We saved him at least 500-750 dollar sea tow bill.
I'm glad we were able to help him (good Karma) but I don't get people being so tight. If anyone knows this guy, supposedly they have a spot in topock(white and maroon Sea Doo Islandia boat) tell him he owes me 25 for the anchor rope, and dinner for my buddy, me and the wife who had to cook for us at 10:30 last night.

Wet Dream
09-16-2007, 05:59 PM
He didn't offer anything to you because he figured nobody was smart enough to take pics of the ordeal after 2 hours, so there was no need to keep such evidence "hush hush". :D Yeah, its good to have people like you to help another boater, ther was a great thread about such things just recently...BUT YOU DIDN'T TAKE PICS!!!!

MBlaster
09-16-2007, 06:00 PM
Good karma, but sucks to have to blow all that time saving someones dumb ass.

sleekcraft137
09-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Last evening we were just leaving the sandbar around dusk and we see this sea doo boat coming down river.
We look at each other as this guy is coming up to the sandbar at 35-40 mph and not slowing down. He doesn't slow down and charges right up and on and almost through the sandbar throwing all the passengers (4) around in the boat and almost rolling the boat in the sand when it hooks. Yard sales the crap in the boat everywhere. I walked it off and he traveled roughly 120 ft through the sand.
We go check to see if everyone is ok and all are ok except one guy who has a golf ball size lump on his forehead. Well 2 hrs of towing yanking and pulling and we managed to drag him off and back in to the water thanks to another pontoon boat that had extra rope and 8 people pushing and yanking.
After all is said and done the guy thanks us and proceeds to head back up to Topock. My buddy and I were a little pissed to say the least. No offer to pay for the anchor rope he ruined, dinner, beer, 20 bucks for gas etc. We saved him at least 500-750 dollar sea tow bill.
I'm glad we were able to help him (good Karma) but I don't get people being so tight. If anyone knows this guy, supposedly they have a spot in topock(white and maroon Sea Doo Islandia boat) tell him he owes me 25 for the anchor rope, and dinner for my buddy, me and the wife who had to cook for us at 10:30 last night.Like you said "karma"....with all the people he had in the boat, he probably ended up stuffing his boat under his trailer when he was on the launch ramp trying to pull it out.:D

Blown Lavey
09-16-2007, 06:05 PM
He didn't offer anything to you because he figured nobody was smart enough to take pics of the ordeal after 2 hours, so there was no need to keep such evidence "hush hush". :D Yeah, its good to have people like you to help another boater, ther was a great thread about such things just recently...BUT YOU DIDN'T TAKE PICS!!!!
By the time we made sure everbody was alive, it was dark. First thing wife said this morning when we talked about it was should have broke out the camera phone:D .

CHAD1
09-16-2007, 06:09 PM
What Was The Reason For Running Up On The Sandbar????

Wet Dream
09-16-2007, 06:13 PM
By the time we made sure everbody was alive, it was dark. First thing wife said this morning when we talked about it was should have broke out the camera phone:D .
It was too dark for him to find his wallet too. :D

79 Howard
09-16-2007, 06:14 PM
i can see where you are disappointed that the guy didn't show you the courtesy he should of and didn't offer anything for your rope and time. I also figure maybe he was a little dazed and concerned for his people and boat but good for you being a boater helping a boater and all good things never go unpaid. You have to remember he owned a Sea Do boat [ ugg]. 79.

WishIknew
09-16-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm glad we were able to help him (good Karma) but I don't get people being so tight. If anyone knows this guy, supposedly they have a spot in topock(white and maroon Sea Doo Islandia boat) tell him he owes me 25 for the anchor rope, and dinner for my buddy, me and the wife who had to cook for us at 10:30 last night.
The gorge is turning into the same as the Parker Strip of the 70's!!!!!!!!!! Not that you would have taken any money any how it's just the point these Idiots need to go back under the rock they came from.

WishIknew
09-16-2007, 06:17 PM
BEER????????

Classic Daycruiser
09-16-2007, 06:17 PM
James bond....or maybe he's done it with only himself in the boat and made it.:idea:
I wonder if its wreckless or reckless operating a boat, or if it becomes the new fad (sandbar hopping) with all these 10 year old seadoo jet boats selling for next to nothing:D

Blown Lavey
09-16-2007, 06:20 PM
I didnt see the sand, mind you he went between the big set of reeds and the small set on the west end. He went so far through that he almost made it back in to the shallow area on the back side of the sand bar where all the moss and muck is.

Tom Brown
09-16-2007, 06:24 PM
That would have been dope if he made it all the way through. :D
I'd like to take a shot at crossing the sandbar in a Carlson Jet with Jbb wearing a sheriff's costume, holding a gun, and watching from beside his patrol car.

GHT
09-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Don't know the guy but I do want to thank you. I have had people help me and I could only hope I have paid them back enough. Then again maybe I haven't. You did right and you will paid back...

boats&bars
09-16-2007, 06:27 PM
Maybe he was a little shaken up and forgot to thank you. I wouldint take A dime from anyone that I helped. Hopefully he will pay it foreward later on in life.Last evening we were just leaving the sandbar around dusk and we see this sea doo boat coming down river.

Classic Daycruiser
09-16-2007, 06:28 PM
I'd like to take a shot at crossing the sandbar in a Carlson Jet with Jbb wearing a sheriff's costume, holding a gun, and watching from beside his patrol car.
Would this be classifed as a fetish:D :D :D

Jbb
09-16-2007, 06:29 PM
I have a Sea Doo Speedster.....:D

WishIknew
09-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Maybe he was a little shaken up and forgot to thank you. I wouldint take A dime from anyone that I helped. Hopefully he will pay it foreward later on in life.
HE WILL CARMA!!!!!!!!

H20Advantage
09-16-2007, 06:32 PM
You actually saved the guy alot more than you think. The Tow guys would have considered that a salvage job beacuase it would have required to of their boats to pull it out. That would have cost him around $2500 to $3000.
Good for you to help another boater out though. Karma will come back on him.

Classic Daycruiser
09-16-2007, 06:33 PM
That would have been dope if he made it all the way through. :D
Sounds like he was trying to emulate the reed spin maneuver like his hero.
and Video taped it:idea:

Tom Brown
09-16-2007, 06:35 PM
The best aspect of this deal, from my standpoint, is that I assumed the guy is an idiot before opening the thread. If it had been any other boat, I would have assumed the guy was drunk.
Life is so much easier when everything fits into a preconceived notion of how everything needs to be. :D :D :D

Jbb
09-16-2007, 06:37 PM
The best aspect of this deal, from my standpoint, is that I assumed the guy is an idiot before opening the thread. If it had been any other boat, I would have assumed the guy was drunk.
Life is so much easier when everything fits into a preconceived notion of how everything needs to be. :D :D :D
Getting back to the .."perception is reality" stadard.....professor?

Tom Brown
09-16-2007, 06:39 PM
To an extent. My reality is not that perceptive, though.

Jbb
09-16-2007, 06:42 PM
To an extent. My reality is not that perceptive, though.
I have asked you in the past to eschew obfuscation....tard!...:mad:

Wet Dream
09-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Similar to what we go through with canadians. Automatic assumption of complete stupidity, only to be confimed through either attempted speech or even less impressive transmisson of some sort of thought from what exists in the vast empty cavity of the cranium to the fingers of the neanderthal typing it out calling it a post.

canuck1
09-16-2007, 06:58 PM
Similar to what we go through with canadians. Automatic assumption of complete stupidity, only to be confimed through either attempted speech or even less impressive transmisson of some sort of thought from what exists in the vast empty cavity of the cranium to the fingers of the neanderthal typing it out calling it a post.
Have you been reading Hansons posts again? Cause all I get from your post is WTF did he say.....BTW Canadian is spelled with a capital C

Tom Brown
09-16-2007, 07:01 PM
I have asked you in the past to eschew obfuscation....tard!...:mad:
Gesundheit!

Jbb
09-16-2007, 07:02 PM
Gesundheit!
Thank you...:D

MADDOG355
09-16-2007, 07:16 PM
My guess would be watching to many tincan jet vids on youtube.

BoatPI
09-16-2007, 07:20 PM
He came down river from Topock today in a friends Yamaha jet boat. This time HE MADE IT!
See my video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrS9F0fxyaY

canuck1
09-16-2007, 07:21 PM
My guess would be watching to many tincan jet vids on youtube.
Naa.... we would have tried to make it after being pushed off

MADDOG355
09-16-2007, 07:38 PM
He came down river from Topock today in a friends Yamaha jet boat. This time HE MADE IT!
That boat has to be stolen! :eek: No way someone would do that with their own boat, A rental possably. :idea:

cxr133
09-16-2007, 08:23 PM
WTF is this a new fad.. no effin way im trying this with my boat!!

Sleeper CP
09-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Have you been reading Hansons posts again? Cause all I get from your post is WTF did he say.....BTW Canadian is spelled with a capital C
Why would he do that... that would be a sign of respect wouldn't it:confused: :rolleyes:
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

KLEPTOW
09-17-2007, 06:26 AM
Gary is that you.

vee-driven
09-17-2007, 03:28 PM
Wasn't watching him fuk up payment enough.

Propster
09-17-2007, 03:41 PM
You got it all wrong, get the money first next time :devil: (after you determine if anyone is sober enough to drive) Otherwise, leave 'em. The attention from the cops and the bill from sea tow will sober them right up.
I probably whould have helped them too, I have been stuck on a few sandbars and needed help. Never with any boats around though.

Racey
09-17-2007, 05:12 PM
You would never catch me straining the crap out of my ski tow/bow eye to pull some dumbshit's boat off the sand, I'd stop to help and make sure everyone was ok, call for other assistance if necessary, but there is no fuggin way I'd be dragging his boat off the sand for him. That's just one of those things that ain't gonna happen, and i wouldn't expect anyone to do it for me if I were the idiot that ran aground. :eek: He's lucky that you are beyond a good samaritan

WishIknew
09-17-2007, 05:33 PM
You would never catch me straining the crap out of my ski tow/bow eye to pull some dumbshit's boat off the sand, I'd stop to help and make sure everyone was ok, call for other assistance if necessary, but there is no fuggin way I'd be dragging his boat off the sand for him. That's just one of those things that ain't gonna happen, and i wouldn't expect anyone to do it for me if I were the idiot that ran aground. :eek: He's lucky that you are beyond a good samaritan
Karma !!!!!what goes around comes around Good or Bad !!!!!!!!!!!! Samaritan nothing just a boater helping out others